Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #25,351 of 33,689
Aug 10, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #25,352 of 33,689
[..
So: Any ideas for a neutral IEM that has significantly better isolation? I'm mostly looking at the Shure lookalikes, since isolation with the SE215/315/425/535 were always fantastic every time I used them (before I discovered ChiFi a week or two ago I was about to buy an SE535).
[..]
What's your opinion on ZS4's isolation vs. Shure's?

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #25,353 of 33,689
Never said the C10 sounds bad. But I really dislike people spreading misinformation around. The C10 might have a 'balanced' sound but it is so far from 'neutral' it's not even funny.

Where I come from, a balanced scale is a neutral one. Sorry our different interpretations of words caused you such dislike.

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #25,354 of 33,689
Where I come from, a balanced scale is a neutral one. Sorry our different interpretations of words caused you such dislike.
It's one of the more annoying issues I've come across since getting into this hobby. All of the various interpretations of descriptions. There is no rule book for them. And because of that, responses become emotional whether they are meant to be or not. Some one calls something flat sounding. Someone else takes umbrage to that, taking it personally because they love that equipment. Personally, I find the C10 to be flat sounding, and because of that I would refer to them as being more neutral in comparison to other "fun" sounding sets of iems. I don't say it to offend, or to combat others opinions. It's just how I feel about them. I also don't think they sound bad per se. Just not my cup of tea. Kind of like how I feel about the HD650. A little too boring for my liking. Emphasis on MY. Y'all may love it or hate it accordingly.

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #25,355 of 33,689
It's one of the more annoying issues I've come across since getting into this hobby. All of the various interpretations of descriptions. There is no rule book for them. And because of that, responses become emotional whether they are meant to be or not. Some one calls something flat sounding. Someone else takes umbrage to that, taking it personally because they love that equipment. Personally, I find the C10 to be flat sounding, and because of that I would refer to them as being more neutral in comparison to other "fun" sounding sets of iems. I don't say it to offend, or to combat others opinions. It's just how I feel about them. I also don't think they sound bad per se. Just not my cup of tea. Kind of like how I feel about the HD650. A little too boring for my liking. Emphasis on MY. Y'all may love it or hate it accordingly.

Well, if you're saying that you find the HD650 to sound neutral that's the first time I've heard them called that.....

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #25,357 of 33,689
Well, if you're saying that you find the HD650 to sound neutral that's the first time I've heard them called that.....
I'll reply, but don't want to get too far off topic. To me, boring = bland & lifeless. And to further extrapolate, I prefer the DT770 80ohm to them because I find them to be not bland and lifeless. In my limited iem experience, I find the CA10 to be along the boring wavelength. As opposed to say the iBasso IT01. There are obvious variations that go too far on the not boring direction. I found the 1More triple driver to be too bass emphasized. And most if not all of us have run across something that we've found to be too treble happy.

Aug 11, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #25,358 of 33,689
I'll reply, but don't want to get too far off topic. To me, boring = bland & lifeless. And to further extrapolate, I prefer the DT770 80ohm to them because I find them to be not bland and lifeless. In my limited iem experience, I find the CA10 to be along the boring wavelength. As opposed to say the iBasso IT01. There are obvious variations that go too far on the not boring direction. I found the 1More triple driver to be too bass emphasized. And most if not all of us have run across something that we've found to be too treble happy.

Although you didn't answer my question I agree with you 100% on the HD650 being boring but one thing it's not is neutral. Honestly, neutral is probably the description most people can agree on but I'd guess that it's always someone making their own vocabulary.

Not much more to discuss, it's just the way things are in this hobby because it's so subjective (for better or worse).

Aug 11, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #25,359 of 33,689
Although you didn't answer my question I agree with you 100% on the HD650 being boring but one thing it's not is neutral. Honestly, neutral is probably the description most people can agree on but I'd guess that it's always someone making their own vocabulary.

Not much more to discuss, it's just the way things are in this hobby because it's so subjective (for better or worse).
Eh, I guess I'd say you're right. The 650 probably isn't really neutral. That said, I'm not sure how I'd categorize it. Not neutral means (to me) that it must be emphasizing something that is making it not neutral. And I'm not sure what that something is with them. To try to keep this somewhat on topic, them in comparison to the C10. To me, in comparison to most every iem I own, the C10 is neutral. Does that make them neutral on their own? Maybe not. I also know I don't care for neutral leaning sets. I like a slight boost in the bass & treble, not over the top, but not neutral either. And for my ears, both the C10 & the 650 are lacking in that sound that I prefer.

Aug 11, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #25,361 of 33,689
Aug 11, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #25,362 of 33,689
First of all sorry about my english,
Chifi game is so competitive,i need help to choose between ikko oh10 and audiosense t800
I mostly listen to edm and rock
Thanks in advance

Depends on your preferred signature. The Ikko has a dynamic driver and a more "fun" sound, more V-shaped and bass. The T800 is a compilation of 8 Knowles balanced armatures tuned to perfection by a heavenly host of angels guided by the spirit of Leonardo Da Vinci.*

* Leo worked a little bit of bass in given that it's all BA, and to my ears, a very bright almost sibilant over 7k
** and I'm not even treble-sensitive
*** yes, I used a copper cable and foam tips
**** your mileage may vary

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #25,363 of 33,689
Depends on your preferred signature. The Ikko is a dynamic driver and a more "fun" sound, more V-shaped and bass. The T800 is a compilation of 8 Knowles balanced armatures tuned to perfection by a heavenly host of angels guided by the spirit of Leonardo Da Vinci.*

* Leo worked a little bit of bass in given that it's all BA, and to my ears, a very bright almost sibilant over 7k
The iKKO OH10 has 1BA + 1DD = Hybrid

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #25,364 of 33,689
First of all sorry about my english,
Chifi game is so competitive,i need help to choose between ikko oh10 and audiosense t800
I mostly listen to edm and rock
Thanks in advance

Depends on your preferred signature. The Ikko has a dynamic driver and a more "fun" sound, more V-shaped and bass. The T800 is a compilation of 8 Knowles balanced armatures tuned to perfection by a heavenly host of angels guided by the spirit of Leonardo Da Vinci.*

Also, be aware that Audiosense is working on a hybrid version that will include a dynamic. So you may want to wait for it, as the new hybrid might be a more apples to apples comparison with the ikko oh10.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back