Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 14, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #25,411 of 33,689
I would also be very interested in a DQ4 and T800 comparison. I've been interested in the T800 but have been apprehensive about getting them because I feel they maybe too bright for me, being that I'm somewhat treble sensitive.

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #25,412 of 33,689
I can do a T800 v DQ4 comparison for sure, just need some more time with DQ4.

In terms brightness and detail+layering in the high mid/treble, the T800 is superior. But it
almost has too much more in comparison, to the point where it can sound dry and be fatiguing.

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #25,414 of 33,689
The audiosense t800 is just too Bright i dont have much treble issues.. I am just used too darker signatures.. Maybe magaosi dq4 is a bit darker then t800 which i consider without losing much details compared to t800.. Thats why i ask @thesheik137

Yeah, well in that case DQ4 is definitely "darker" than the T800. I myself am not very treble sensitive and enjoy the T800s brightness because there are no peaks whatsoever, but the quantity of detail can overwhelm on certain tracks.

DQ4 impresses me because it is able to maintain a level of mid smoothness and treble detail/clarity, even with dual dynamic drivers. Also the fact that there is nearly zero bass-bleed into the mids and the layering is so good with only 2 BAs is also very interesting. Much credit is due to the Magaosi team's crossover design for this IEM because it could have gone wrong in many ways. For example, the FH7 is a great IEM on its own, but in comparison to the DQ4 the bass is boomier and bleeds in to mids a bit and high mid/treble can sound a little peaky.

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #25,416 of 33,689
+1 for the DQ4.

I have been on an absolute ChiFi tear in recent months, purchasing several hyped iems - P1, T800, S8F, S8P, FH7. All have been great, however, DQ4 has impressed from the very start more than the rest. When talking about value for money it gives the most in the package compared to the rest and especially at it's price (180?What).

The tunable switches give it a versatility unlike any other. Not that they make a huge difference, but since the sound signature, texture and separation are already so good as an all-rounder iem in the stock tuning, the switches just take it a level further. Bear in mind I am still in the honeymoon period of the first 48hrs, but I think these are real keepers and very difficult to fault in anyway.
+1 I've been enjoying them all summer long, since you could pick-out the different tunings flowing from the BA to dynamic drivers. Best of both worlds! It's like purchasing two separate and pristine IEM's and mending them into one! These are really hard to beat for their asking price. When I wrote my review on the DQ4, it was one of my most memorable and enjoyable reviews, yet!

-Clear :beerchug:

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #25,417 of 33,689
I can do a T800 v DQ4 comparison for sure, just need some more time with DQ4.

In terms brightness and detail+layering in the high mid/treble, the T800 is superior. But it
almost has too much more in comparison, to the point where it can sound dry and be fatiguing.

Same reason why I was looking for something with more mids and little rolled of treble for a more relax listening. The T800 kinda just packs too much details into the ears!

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #25,418 of 33,689
KBEAR KB06 coming next!

Aug 15, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #25,419 of 33,689
Yeah, well in that case DQ4 is definitely "darker" than the T800. I myself am not very treble sensitive and enjoy the T800s brightness because there are no peaks whatsoever, but the quantity of detail can overwhelm on certain tracks.

DQ4 impresses me because it is able to maintain a level of mid smoothness and treble detail/clarity, even with dual dynamic drivers. Also the fact that there is nearly zero bass-bleed into the mids and the layering is so good with only 2 BAs is also very interesting. Much credit is due to the Magaosi team's crossover design for this IEM because it could have gone wrong in many ways. For example, the FH7 is a great IEM on its own, but in comparison to the DQ4 the bass is boomier and bleeds in to mids a bit and high mid/treble can sound a little peaky.
Out of the 2 which one would be your pick for the best vocals both male and female? I like my vocals full and clear without sounding recessed or too warm.

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #25,420 of 33,689
How do they sound on the music of AR Rahman I provided earlier?
Sorry it's taken so long but I have been testing the TRI i4 and writing a review. I listened to Kaathu Kaathu.. The string intro had excellent texture, the multi tracked female vocals were nicely spread left to right. The stringed bass and Asian percussion were clear and well defined The image possessed good width and depth and the solo female vocal displayed good height as well. Treble was clean and sparkly. I could follow all the elements of the production very easily. I hope that helps. Do bear in mind that you will need a replacement cable (if you do not already have one) and you'll need to do some serious tip rolling!

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #25,421 of 33,689
Sorry it's taken so long but I have been testing the TRI i4 and writing a review. I listened to Kaathu Kaathu.. The string intro had excellent texture, the multi tracked female vocals were nicely spread left to right. The stringed bass and Asian percussion were clear and well defined The image possessed good width and depth and the solo female vocal displayed good height as well. Treble was clean and sparkly. I could follow all the elements of the production very easily. I hope that helps. Do bear in mind that you will need a replacement cable (if you do not already have one) and you'll need to do some serious tip rolling!
thanks

and how about this ?

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #25,422 of 33,689
Aug 15, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #25,423 of 33,689
Here are my thoughts on the Peacock P1. Beautiful hand-painted shells and good overall value imo.
https://primeaudio.org/peacock-audio-p1-review/

p1 shell2.jpg

Aug 16, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #25,425 of 33,689
Hello guys, which seems to have the best bass and a good price today on Chinese in ear? I was out of these discussions for a good time...
Thanks at advance

The best bass I've heard (quantity/quality ratio) is the LZ A6. They've seen to have dropped well below $250 which is just ridiculous for what they offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back