Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 28, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #20,163 of 33,689
I think the recent ban wave is trying to remind us of the precedent, and if we continue then probably the thread will be banned. I'm cool with that (i mean the ban wave, not the whole thread).

Got myself banned as well for a week xD

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #20,164 of 33,689
Nov 28, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #20,165 of 33,689
Today I received my 11.11 tin audio t2. And been listening to it for 2-3 hour total.

It sounded just as many said before. It's good neutral.

2 of my friend tested and 1 person said it's too bright. Another said it doesn't have bass. I said everything was fine but bass is too slow for my taste.

It's funny how everyone hears differently.

So what's the upgrade to tin audio t2 in term of speed of bass? . I want speedier bass not necessarily bigger.

Coming from earbud world seems that many iem bass sound slow to my ears. Last month I happened to audition se846, se535 and rha t20i. Only RHA sounds right to my ear. Wierd.

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #20,166 of 33,689
2 of my friend tested and 1 person said it's too bright. Another said it doesn't have bass. I said everything was fine but bass is too slow for my taste.

It's funny how everyone hears differently.

Maybe your two friends did not have a seal? Lately I seem to be trying several tips on every new iem that I get....with different preferences for each.

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #20,167 of 33,689
We did roll a few tips during listening session. After listening further and shuffle through reviews here and there I can understand why they said that. I myself can handle bright sig as long as it offer finer resolution. And don't mind lower bass quantity as long as it fast.

T2 is a fine iem for the asking price. Clean extended highs and separate well.

If I want to upgrade from t2 I would definitely ask for a faster bass. Sub / mid.

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #20,168 of 33,689
I recently pulled out the ED9 and find they lack dynamics and I cannot see any similarity between the D4 and the X5. Interesting how different people with differently shaped ears have different perceptions. Now I will have to pull out some Flying Nun bands, too.
when you say the ed9 lacks dynamics, i assume you're referring to the punchiness and wide peaks of more adrenalized tunings, and i agree with you; however it is that very quality that (to my ears) makes the ed9 sound more natural and true to the source than say, the zsr or zs5. as for the d4, i've been giving more ear time to them and they're opening up nicely--as many have pointed out, they're extremely tip-sensitive and need to be played loud to reach their potential. for whatever anatomical quirk i'm getting really good isolation with the d4 and (esp. for $8) find they work really well for the gym or assembly line.

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #20,169 of 33,689
however it is that very quality that (to my ears) makes the ed9 sound more natural and true to the source

This. I want to be listening to my music... listening WITH the iem/earbud/headphone... not listening TO the gear.

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #20,170 of 33,689
The Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin is finally with me and cost me an extra £25 in customs fee. I went to pick them up at the Royal Mail depot earlier today as I couldn't withstand waiting for another 2/3 days by paying the fee online. Straight of the box I didn't like them as the bass felt too elevated as well as lacking impact and feeling wooly. I did give them another go after about half an hour playback and it seems the DD needs break-in as the bass seem to have improved quite significantly. That's were I am at with them now. I am going to leave them playing for another few hours before I try them again.

My SKC-CNT1 and Kanas Pro are now in the country too and hopefully I'll dodge customs fee with these.

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #20,172 of 33,689
EZAUDIO D4 - problems with bassholes?

I was somewhat at a loss that some of us reported the D4 as being exceptionally good whereas others rather thought they were "meh". My neighbour, a well-respected earphone aficionado joined the "meh" crowd. He particularly found the bass weak and substantiated his claim with this FR graph.

EZ Audio D4 FR.jpg

Talking to @Wiljen, he kindly produced a quick FR graph of his own bassier pair and shot it across the continent in the middle of the night; thanks; disclaimer: all graphs are raw and XXX applied 1/12 octave smoothing). I massaged and put the two graphs side-by-side, a very rudimentary comparison; I added two auxiliary lines as optical markers. But the fundamental difference between the two pairs is clear.

EZ Audio D4 FR.jpg-1.jpg

Observation: both pairs have quite a channel imbalance and the bass area is different in each.

Neighbour XXX examined the bass vents and described them as being "ragged and different sizes & shapes - presumably between pairs as well as within this pair." He is probably fiddling with file and tape to get matching left and right curves as we speak.

We conclude: life is full of bassholes :wink:.

P.S. Will measure my D4 on my own rig on the weekend. I am presently awaiting a TRSS to TRS adaptor, needed to connect the Dayton mic with the usb audio plug-in.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #20,173 of 33,689
Comparing graphs made with different gear/setup is quite pointless.

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #20,174 of 33,689
Comparing graphs made with different gear/setup is quite pointless.
Comparing different pairs of D4 with different ears is pointless, too :wink:?

Actually: my neighbour and I produced identical curves from an earphone on different computers with different sound cards (each calibrated individually) using the same software and microphone/coupler. To check for differences in results from different setups just look at published graphs for a given earphone side by side. My experience: the devil is in the detail.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back