Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 25, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #18,421 of 33,689
Having weak or no glue on the nozzle does not make them defective, just poorly put together.

Agreed.

When the nozzle falls off and tears the wires off the BA drivers though, that’s when it goes from the “poorly put together” category to “defective” IMO.

Wait
The thing said by Slater is actually what I mean.
My problem wasn't that there wasn't enough glue to make the nozzle secured to the shell.
The problem was that the glue was put in bad way.
As soon as I noticed the nozzle walls falling apart, it just popped off carrying the BA driver with it.
Now, if I try to separate the driver and detache it from the nozzle i find several difficulties and i have to make so much force.
So that makes me think the glue ended in the wrong place
I can agree about Bad assembly, as the manufacturing process consists in assemblying, but when we see a BA driver popping off and we want a replacement we make an rma for a faulty unit. That's why i mean defective/faulty, even if faulty is my preferred term.

In any case i'm quite disappointed from my experience and hearing that other people encountered my problem just puts me behind a hipotetic situation in which i buy a new one and maybe it seems all ok, then the nozzle falls off with the BA after one month.
The guy in the facebook comments had this adventure and the shop just refunded him 6$.
What i do with 6$ at that point? I buy an edr2? Yes, i can, but i will not have my faulty v80 back again.

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #18,422 of 33,689
Other than the various blue colors, I wonder what they really changed for the EP52 Lite. The normal EP52 was pretty Lite to begin with. I am very happy to see the price decrease though (~$18). I hope they fixed the issue where the cable is real iffy where it exits the headband, causing sound cutouts. I've had 3 pairs so far, and all 3 have done the exact same thing including 2 right OOTB.

‘Lite’ could mean they are using inferior components. All Chinese brands have a ‘Youth’ version of their products to meet a lower price point.

Sep 25, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #18,424 of 33,689
Travelled to London and watched movies on the plane: Death of Stalin (boring) and Solo (boring) on the Boeing 787's entertainment system...but both offered good soundtracks challenging for earphones. The KZ AS10 worked very well in this environment: sealing well with very good resolution/separation. The more refined but less robust sounding Brainwavz B400 did not add anything but were a tad too tame (in this particular environment). In fact, I really enjoyed staring at the AS10's braided cable.

In London, I am using the combination of Shanling M0 player and Brainwavz B400...stellar.

Somebody over on the sub-$100-Otto-banned-Chinese-thread wanted to know something about the Boarseman CX-98. From memory: superb build (metal housings; substantial haptic) with a horrible treble pierce out of the box. This is easily and entirely fixed with micropore tape (just stuck on top of the nozzle) which translates into a beefy, robust, V-shaped sound signature.

IMG_6969.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #18,427 of 33,689
Do these have a name ?:gs1000smile:
As far as my experience says (i did a previous post about that product like yesterday and it was deleted) the name of that product cannot be written here but if you go on audiobudget, the product is one of top notch headphones.

Sep 25, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #18,428 of 33,689
Not one that can used ‘round these parts, cowboy.

As far as my experience says (i did a previous post about that product like yesterday and it was deleted) the name of that product cannot be written here but if you go on audiobudget, the product is one of top notch headphones.

Thanks for the lead.. I am not touching that brand with a 10 feet pole. I remember the hype around their Four-in-One. One of my worst purchases. I was honestly so put off by my Chi-Fi purchases that year that I stayed away from Headfi for quite a bit.

Sep 25, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #18,429 of 33,689
Thanks for the lead.. I am not touching that brand with a 10 feet pole. I remember the hype around their Four-in-One. One of my worst purchases. I was honestly so put off by my Chi-Fi purchases that year that I stayed away from Headfi for quite a bit.

The web says their six-in-one which features actually other 2DD+2knowlesBA is actually good, but i was really curious about how could they make a so cheap earphone with such great hardware.

Sep 25, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #18,430 of 33,689
The web says their six-in-one which features actually other 2DD+2knowlesBA is actually good, but i was really curious about how could they make a so cheap earphone with such great hardware.

We don't know how big a presence they have in their home market. But if they are moving thousands of unit every month, they could have sourced the Knowles BA at wholesale prices. DD drivers don't really cost much.

Sep 25, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #18,432 of 33,689
To just add on to the AS10, usually at work i will use earbuds which is the PT15 and when i switch over to IEMs, they tend to sound horrible as i am brain burned but the earbuds.

So while my bosses were out today, i switched to the CM5 and mt god they suck xD (just at that moment) so i put back the PT15 and enjoyed myself to the tunes of Jacky Cheung and after awhile i told myself, "Why not the AS10?"

Then when i put them on, boy they dont suck, and are actually stellar. I think part of it stems from the fact that it has excellent depth that is airy (not buds kind airy), something like compact airy.

Idk how to describe it but both the CM5 and T2 has this vocals which makes u feel like u are listening in a room. But the AS10 makes u feel like u are listening in a hall. I wouldnt say which is better as sometimes it would feel more intimate in a room, and sometimes u just wanna enjoy music in a hall.

But then again, it feels good to be spoilt for choices xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back