Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 25, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #18,440 of 33,689
Any recommendations for a bluetooth IEM thats <$40? It's annoying that I keep forgetting a dongle for my phone so I'm just going to get a pair of bluetooths.

Thanks!
content_842.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/FB1-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphone-Earphone/dp/B07D9HHLWK
$ 39.99 :wink:

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #18,441 of 33,689
Sep 25, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #18,443 of 33,689
Sep 25, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #18,444 of 33,689
I for one actually like the NiceHCK HK6

The NiceHCK HK6 received a "euphoric" review here on Head-Fi. I had even commented that the review had been "euphoric". And now everybody is selling them fast? Makes no sense.

Sep 25, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #18,445 of 33,689
Any recommendations for a bluetooth IEM thats <$40? It's annoying that I keep forgetting a dongle for my phone so I'm just going to get a pair of bluetooths.

Thanks!
Another vote for a Fiio BTR model, so you can continue to use your current wired headphones. I picked up the uBTR since it was pretty inexpensive ($27.99 on Amazon US with Prime shipping). Also waiting for KZ's new BTE model to be delivered, a 1+1 hybrid setup. Judging by the rendered photos, it looks like it's using the same drivers as the ZS4 (just my opinion based on the funnel-like shape on the end of the 8mm dynamic driver). Time will tell if they sound the same.

Sep 25, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #18,446 of 33,689
The NiceHCK HK6 received a "euphoric" review here on Head-Fi. I had even commented that the review had been "euphoric". And now everybody is selling them fast? Makes no sense.
It's because they aren't as good as the review says. They aren't "bad", but not worth their msrp in my opinion. I bought mine off the classifieds here for 110.00, and they're good value at that price, but not the 260.00.

Sep 25, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #18,447 of 33,689
Somebody over on the sub-$100-Otto-banned-Chinese-thread wanted to know something about the Boarseman CX-98. From memory: superb build (metal housings; substantial haptic) with a horrible treble pierce out of the box. This is easily and entirely fixed with micropore tape (just stuck on top of the nozzle) which translates into a beefy, robust, V-shaped sound signature.

Thanks, that was me. Think I'll avoid those then since I don't want V-Shaped, just something with more of the clear flat sound I get with earbuds (but obviously IEMs needed because of their better isolation while commuting).

Sep 25, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #18,448 of 33,689
Sort of off-topic, but I'm already here and too lazy to go elsewhere, so two obscure questions.
Other than discomfort, are there any health effects to stretching one's ear canals regularly? #tripleflangeearrape

If a poor MMCX connection makes one side quieter, can putting foil or metal shavings in the female connector, and then forcefully plugging it in, fix the problem? At least until I decide I need to unplug it again.

Sep 25, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #18,449 of 33,689
To just add on to the AS10, usually at work i will use earbuds which is the PT15 and when i switch over to IEMs, they tend to sound horrible as i am brain burned but the earbuds.

So while my bosses were out today, i switched to the CM5 and mt god they suck xD (just at that moment) so i put back the PT15 and enjoyed myself to the tunes of Jacky Cheung and after awhile i told myself, "Why not the AS10?"

Then when i put them on, boy they dont suck, and are actually stellar. I think part of it stems from the fact that it has excellent depth that is airy (not buds kind airy), something like compact airy.

Idk how to describe it but both the CM5 and T2 has this vocals which makes u feel like u are listening in a room. But the AS10 makes u feel like u are listening in a hall. I wouldnt say which is better as sometimes it would feel more intimate in a room, and sometimes u just wanna enjoy music in a hall.

But then again, it feels good to be spoilt for choices xD

Fast fast buy Willsounds :p

Sep 25, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #18,450 of 33,689
Sort of off-topic, but I'm already here and too lazy to go elsewhere, so two obscure questions.
Other than discomfort, are there any health effects to stretching one's ear canals regularly? #tripleflangeearrape

If a poor MMCX connection makes one side quieter, can putting foil or metal shavings in the female connector, and then forcefully plugging it in, fix the problem? At least until I decide I need to unplug it again.

Please don’t do anything like that! The mmcx is + (via center pin) and - (via the barrel). If you try either of those, you will short it out, or wreck the mmcx totally, or both. The mmcx is extremely fragile.

You can try very gently tweaking the little locking washer ring on the male plug with pliers.

There’s a post somewhere around here where someone shows an awesome illustration of what to do. It was originally referring to a tin audio T2, but it will apply to other mmcx too. If you search for the post you will find it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back