Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 24, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #18,406 of 33,689
Yes i was thinking about the color swapping.
Maybe the color swap changed something in the production that's causing these defects now.
A TRN beta tester on audiobudget facebook page said trn has 1 defective pair out of 5.000 average, and this is strange considering here on the forum we were 3 people and one more on the facebook post comments.
So 4 out of 20k actually? I don't know, something has happened, i'm just trying to understand if it depends on the type of colore (glossy or matte).

If the last one you're mentioning is what i think around 50$, it's out of my budget sadly.
Is that in ear really using knowles drivers?
It's incredible i mean, 2x knowles drivers cost 50$ and that headphone costs like 50$.
How can it be possible?

1 out of 5,000 defects? I highly doubt that. That is is a 200ppm defect rate; an extremely low number even for the best and most advanced manufacturing companies on earth. It is possible, but I personally don’t believe it.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to prove it. I mean, just on HF we’ve had numerous people who had the nozzle fall off their v80. Do you really think for every 1 of those HF people, there were 5,000 others with absolutely zero issues - not even a channel imbalance or driver wired out of phase?

To your 2nd comment, I would say the per-unit cost of Knowles drivers could be low if you buy in sufficient quantities. If you buy 25k drivers at a time, you’re going to get a much lower price than buying 2 drivers.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #18,407 of 33,689
Yes i was thinking about the color swapping.
Maybe the color swap changed something in the production that's causing these defects now.
A TRN beta tester on audiobudget facebook page said trn has 1 defective pair out of 5.000 average, and this is strange considering here on the forum we were 3 people and one more on the facebook post comments.
So 4 out of 20k actually? I don't know, something has happened, i'm just trying to understand if it depends on the type of colore (glossy or matte).

If the last one you're mentioning is what i think around 50$, it's out of my budget sadly.
Is that in ear really using knowles drivers?
It's incredible i mean, 2x knowles drivers cost 50$ and that headphone costs like 50$.
How can it be possible?
Having weak or no glue on the nozzle does not make them defective, just poorly put together.

Sep 24, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #18,408 of 33,689
Having weak or no glue on the nozzle does not make them defective, just poorly put together.
Just ordered the os v3 and am absolutely buzzing for this one! :)

Btw, what tips do you use for your queens? I feel the sound is a bit soft in its articulation with the default tips. It's a pleasant trait for some but I would like a bit more energy.

Sep 24, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #18,409 of 33,689

Agreed.

When the nozzle falls off and tears the wires off the BA drivers though, that’s when it goes from the “poorly put together” category to “defective” IMO.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #18,410 of 33,689
Just ordered the os v3 and am absolutely buzzing for this one! :)

Btw, what tips do you use for your queens? I feel the sound is a bit soft in its articulation with the default tips. It's a pleasant trait for some but I would like a bit more energy.
I use one of my goto fat black doughnuts. XL, wide bore, shallow fit.

doughnuts.jpg

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #18,411 of 33,689

similar to spiral dot? do you have the link where to buy them?

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #18,412 of 33,689
Sep 24, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #18,413 of 33,689
similar to spiral dot? do you have the link where to buy them?

I was just about to ask the same.
Whenever I go to my local 7/11 store I have a quick look at their throwaway IEMs and I'll often buy one if I see extra large tips in the box. I got into the habit because the eartips that come with 9/10 IEMs are too small for my ears.

There is a very similar one that came with the BGVP DMG but it's about 0.5mm smaller. Occasionally you can find similar ones with Chi-Fi IEMs. Some others that come to mind are the Brainwavz Jive, Shozy Zero, TFZ Balance 2M etc.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #18,414 of 33,689

One of the reviewers of the os v3 has just told me that he feels the midbass is fatter and leaks more into the mids then the queen's. This doesn't sound right to me at all from some of the reviews I've read.. Im hoping its more of a defective unit rather than the actual tuning so would like to confirm with you as you have both of them and i still have time to cancel my order just incase.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #18,415 of 33,689
I didnt see it mentioned yet but it looks like Meizu released a budget friendly version of the EP52 which are pretty highly regarded as far as bluetooth headphones go. They are also relasing a bluetooth adaptor(turn any headphone into a wireless headphone) that looks very much like xiaomi's but with better specs and a similiar price from what i can see.

https://gizchina.it/2018/09/meizu-live-15-ep-52-lite-powerbank-3/

Sep 24, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #18,416 of 33,689
One of the reviewers of the os v3 has just told me that he feels the midbass is fatter and leaks more into the mids then the queen's. This doesn't sound right to me at all from some of the reviews I've read.. Im hoping its more of a defective unit rather than the actual tuning so would like to confirm with you as you have both of them and i still have time to cancel my order just incase.
That's not how I hear them but YMMV. I doubt his unit is defective, it's more likely how each of us hears them. Different ears, different eartips, different source, different music etc. Take a look at my measurements of each one. Which one looks to have the fatter mid-bass and more rececced mids to you?

OSV3-2.jpg
TFZ-Quuen.jpg

Sep 24, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #18,417 of 33,689
I didnt see it mentioned yet but it looks like Meizu released a budget friendly version of the EP52 which are pretty highly regarded as far as bluetooth headphones go. They are also relasing a bluetooth adaptor(turn any headphone into a wireless headphone) that looks very much like xiaomi's but with better specs and a similiar price from what i can see.

https://gizchina.it/2018/09/meizu-live-15-ep-52-lite-powerbank-3/

Other than the various blue colors, I wonder what they really changed for the EP52 Lite. The normal EP52 was pretty Lite to begin with. I am very happy to see the price decrease though (~$18). I hope they fixed the issue where the cable is real iffy where it exits the headband, causing sound cutouts. I've had 3 pairs so far, and all 3 have done the exact same thing including 2 right OOTB.

Sep 25, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #18,418 of 33,689
That's not how I hear them but YMMV. I doubt his unit is defective, it's more likely how each of us hears them. Different ears, different eartips, different source, different music etc. Take a look at my measurements of each one. Which one looks to have the fatter mid-bass and more rececced mids to you?

I see your point, thanks for the clarification and the graphs. Whilst I 100 percent agree with what your saying, I also stumbled upon that whole nicehck hk6 saga where it had inconsistent tuning and some people eventually were put off by them. I just hope that the os v3 won't be like that as I read another review which sounded very different compared to the more consistent ones.

Sep 25, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #18,419 of 33,689
I see your point, thanks for the clarification and the graphs. Whilst I 100 percent agree with what your saying, I also stumbled upon that whole nicehck hk6 saga where it had inconsistent tuning and some people eventually were put off by them. I just hope that the os v3 won't be like that as I read another review which sounded very different compared to the more consistent ones.
Well, I didn't believe that either. It was more like the HK6 didn't live up to the hype so someone started making excuses. Notice how nobody has so much as mentioned it since the hype was debunked? (until you did just now that is) :p Up until that point, it was the greatest IEM in the world if you believe everything you read...

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #18,420 of 33,689
Well, I didn't believe that either. It was more like the HK6 didn't live up to the hype so someone started making excuses. Notice how nobody has so much as mentioned it since the hype was debunked? (until you did just now that is) :p Up until that point, it was the greatest IEM in the world if you believe everything you read...
Hahaha soo true!!!
And notice how some people were quick selling them aswell... Hmmmm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back