Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 26, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #18,466 of 33,689
It's just 4 BA drivers in cheap housings with a couple of cheap cables I don't see why you'd need to spend 1K before it can be beaten by chi-fi technically.

As for the tonal balance, it's truly awful IMO with that deep valley from 3 to 6kHz, certainly not a benchmark for me, it doesn't sound good with rock, it doesn't sound good with EDM, not sure if it sounds good with anything really, nearly everything else I have beats them on that front.

While I have never heard UE900, I have to share a review I saw once because it made me laugh. The person said “cymbals sound like you’re crashing 2 trash can kids together” haha

I’m not saying they are good or bad. It’s just funny the colorful way some people describe some of this stuff.

I think the average consumer just isn’t used to a flat reference type signature, and it turns them off because it’s not what they expected. I think that was the case with that person, because they complained that it had no bass as well.

My own opinion? If I was going to drop $1k on IEMs, I would be an idiot not to get CIEMs. Then it would sound exactly the way I wanted it to, fit exactly perfectly for me, etc. But that’s just me.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #18,467 of 33,689
While I have never heard UE900, I have to share a review I saw once because it made me laugh. The person said “cymbals sound like you’re crashing 2 trash can kids together” haha

I’m not saying they are good or bad. It’s just funny the colorful way some people describe some of this stuff.

I think the average consumer just isn’t used to a flat reference type signature, and it turns them off because it’s not what they expected. I think that was the case with that person, because they complained that it had no bass as well.

It's not a flat reference type of tuning, it's only the bass region that's flat and then you've got a small plateau a few dB lower and then a massive dip of all the "clarity region" (3 to 6 kHz) followed by a 9/10kHz peak. It's really a weird sound sig and one that's not very pleasant to me. It sounds bright without feeling very clear and at the same time sounds dark/thick/bloated while not being bassy. I believe Etys, EX-1000 or even A15 Pro are much "reference" than those and they also are much more pleasing to me, especially the latter.

Sep 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #18,469 of 33,689
It's just 4 BA drivers in cheap housings with a couple of cheap cables I don't see why you'd need to spend 1K before it can be beaten by chi-fi technically.

As for the tonal balance, it's truly awful IMO with that deep valley from 3 to 6kHz, certainly not a benchmark for me, it doesn't sound good with rock, it doesn't sound good with EDM, not sure if it sounds good with anything really, nearly everything else I have beats them on that front.
Read the Head-Fi reviews (UE900S not UE900):
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lo...g-earphones-newest-2014-version.20102/reviews

The statement was that the UE900S will be improved on by 1000-200 Euro earphones (Chifi or not...).

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #18,470 of 33,689
My own opinion? If I was going to drop $1k on IEMs, I would be an idiot not to get CIEMs. Then it would sound exactly the way I wanted it to, fit exactly perfectly for me, etc. But that’s just me.

And I want a $1 K earphone for $179. That's why I got the UE900S.

Sep 26, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #18,471 of 33,689
Sep 26, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #18,472 of 33,689
Read the Head-Fi reviews (UE900S not UE900):
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lo...g-earphones-newest-2014-version.20102/reviews

The statement was that the UE900S will be improved on by 1000-200 Euro earphones (Chifi or not...).

Hey Otto, how do you prevent that tiny little hole in the nozzle from getting clogged up?

The size of the small hole is 0.2mm, which is incredibly small. And once it gets clogged, it can't be unclogged.

6898622.jpg

Sep 26, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #18,473 of 33,689
Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #18,474 of 33,689
No idea! Why shouldn't it be uncloggable?

Apparently, this could be the new Slater mod:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ue-900-mods.749768/

From what I could tell, even the smallest of items wouldn't fit into the hole. As one member stated "I tried to unblock mine to increase the bass but even a needle was too large to fit in the hole".

And even if you could find something so small it would fit into the hole, it would simply force the earwax/dirt deeper down into the hole.

Sep 26, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #18,475 of 33,689
From what I could tell, even the smallest of items wouldn't fit into the hole. As one member stated "I tried to unblock mine to increase the bass but even a needle was too large to fit in the hole".

And even if you could find something so small it would fit into the hole, it would simply force the earwax/dirt deeper down into the hole.
My friend says:
Prevention: keep ears clean!

Cure: one strand of thin stranded electrical wire (30 gauge or thinner, each strand is around 0.1 mm or less), very carefully!

Sep 26, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #18,476 of 33,689
guys whats the most bassheavy iem you heard .. I dont search for a good iem with a good signature it can be a bit muddy or recessed.. if only bass matters and subbass.. what do you guys think.. my most bassheavy iem is z5000 right now searching something similar budget 30 bucks max

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #18,477 of 33,689
guys whats the most bassheavy iem you heard .. I dont search for a good iem with a good signature it can be a bit muddy or recessed.. if only bass matters and subbass.. what do you guys think.. my most bassheavy iem is z5000 right now searching something similar budget 30 bucks max
Rock Zircon.

Sep 27, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #18,478 of 33,689

That's a perfect example: i was talkin with a guy about the tin audio t2, which i personally don't have, but many people says it lack in the bass region.
I'm sure if i'll buy it one day i will be disappointed by the lower part of the spectrum as i always used to love dat minor bump on the bass.
So that means, like we usually say, that everything is personal and kz just let us get habitude with a v-shaped signature we can maybe not hear in other chi-fi headphones, but our ears are just feeling little lacks somewhere.

Heard many good things about zircon's bass.
I can advice the MEMT x5, the bass region is stellar imho.

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #18,479 of 33,689
That's a perfect example: i was talkin with a guy about the tin audio t2, which i personally don't have, but many people says it lack in the bass region.
I'm sure if i'll buy it one day i will be disappointed by the lower part of the spectrum as i always used to love dat minor bump on the bass.
So that means, like we usually say, that everything is personal and kz just let us get habitude with a v-shaped signature we can maybe not hear in other chi-fi headphones, but our ears are just feeling little lacks somewhere.

Heard many good things about zircon's bass.
I can advice the MEMT x5, the bass region is stellar imho.

for the sake of balancing the opinions, i have the T2, and i never find them lacking in bass. what they have is too much treble peak while the bass and mids are about the same level. knock those trebles down, then you'll have an outstanding iem.

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #18,480 of 33,689
for the sake of balancing the opinions, i have the T2, and i never find them lacking in bass. what they have is too much treble peak while the bass and mids are about the same level. knock those trebles down, then you'll have an outstanding iem.
Does Knocking the treble down means limiting the highs extension, which people say it's the muscle of those headphones (i'm speaking with hypotesis based on what people say in this forum)?
Or am i wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back