Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 27, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #18,481 of 33,689
While I have never heard UE900, I have to share a review I saw once because it made me laugh. The person said “cymbals sound like you’re crashing 2 trash can kids together” haha

I’m not saying they are good or bad. It’s just funny the colorful way some people describe some of this stuff.

I think the average consumer just isn’t used to a flat reference type signature, and it turns them off because it’s not what they expected. I think that was the case with that person, because they complained that it had no bass as well.

My own opinion? If I was going to drop $1k on IEMs, I would be an idiot not to get CIEMs. Then it would sound exactly the way I wanted it to, fit exactly perfectly for me, etc. But that’s just me.

The Andromeda is tempting even at $1k. Plus if you're willing to go through an agent, Hisenior and some other chi-fi company can make a CIEM for you for less than 200 bux :

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...Qmrbe&id=566608121626&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #18,482 of 33,689
That's a perfect example: i was talkin with a guy about the tin audio t2, which i personally don't have, but many people says it lack in the bass region.
I'm sure if i'll buy it one day i will be disappointed by the lower part of the spectrum as i always used to love dat minor bump on the bass.
So that means, like we usually say, that everything is personal and kz just let us get habitude with a v-shaped signature we can maybe not hear in other chi-fi headphones, but our ears are just feeling little lacks somewhere.

Heard many good things about zircon's bass.
I can advice the MEMT x5, the bass region is stellar imho.
The Tinaudio T2 has a realistic bass...so-called audiophiles like it...but it does not have this artificially enhanced bass we are used to. The Rock Zircon has no midrange and a monster bass. Very vulgar sounding to me...

Sep 27, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #18,483 of 33,689
Does Knocking the treble down means limiting the highs extension, which people say it's the muscle of those headphones (i'm speaking with hypotesis based on what people say in this forum)?
Or am i wrong?

no, not the extension, but the volume or amount. use the mod to decrease the size of the bore tube (reducing treble volume and not messing with the extension much) instead of putting dampening material like foam, etc on the nozzle (which decreases the extension and warms up the overall tone)

Sep 27, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #18,484 of 33,689
for the sake of balancing the opinions, i have the T2, and i never find them lacking in bass. what they have is too much treble peak while the bass and mids are about the same level. knock those trebles down, then you'll have an outstanding iem.
You will surely dislike the T2 Pro, in that case :p

Sep 27, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #18,485 of 33,689
Hi guys,

Any recommendations (from your personal experience) for a
balanced, neutral (or neutral warm), yet musical and definitely natural sounding UIEM which outclass the following I tried and liked???

- Simgot EN700Pro
- Rose Mini4 and Mini6
- Etymotic ER4-SR
- Toneking T4

Price bracket: up to InEar Prophile 8 but not necessarily that high

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #18,486 of 33,689
Hi guys,

balanced, neutral (or neutral warm), yet musical and definitely natural sounding UIEM which outclass the following I tried and liked???

- Simgot EN700Pro
- Rose Mini4 and Mini6
- Etymotic ER4-SR
- Toneking T4

Thanks.
I don't own many but have tried out loads of great iems and think the ostry kc09 is tremendous value with the right tips (very tip sensitive for me) at around £75. You can make them from very midbassy to completely flat and to some reviews it goes toe to toe with the simgot en700 pro, maybe even better. Has great great build and generally has a weighty, energetic but none fatiguing sound to it. Layering and separation is from a high class but the only downside for me is the treble that has good body and energy but lacks a bit of excitement and quantity (some may like this though).

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #18,487 of 33,689
Hi guys,

- Simgot EN700Pro
- Rose Mini4 and Mini6
- Etymotic ER4-SR
- Toneking T4

Thanks.

Dita Answer's single DD sounds quite natural, brilliant balance (I particularly like the bass speed, quick despite being a DD).

I don't own many but have tried out loads of great iems and think the ostry kc09 is tremendous value with the right tips (very tip sensitive for me) at around £75. You can make them from very midbassy to completely flat and to some reviews it goes toe to toe with the simgot en700 pro, maybe even better. Has great great build and generally has a weighty, energetic but none fatiguing sound to it. Layering and separation is from a high class but the only downside for me is the treble that has good body and energy but lacks a bit of excitement and quantity (some may like this though).

he does want something that outclasses the EN700, not just toe-to-toe. InEar Prophile 8 also goes for $1000+ so I reckon tremendous value isn't high on the priority list:L3000:

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #18,488 of 33,689
Dita Answer's single DD sounds quite natural, brilliant balance (I particularly like the bass speed, quick despite being a DD).

he does want something that outclasses the EN700, not just toe-to-toe. InEar Prophile 8 also goes for $1000+ so I reckon tremendous value isn't high on the priority list:L3000:
Well... It's not easy to state 'what is better' because I know of a headfier that prefers the tin audio T2 (£25) over everything he has, including a lot more costly iems he has tried. It's not about price but about the actual sound quality and sound tuning (for me atleast). I went into my local headphone store with the ostrys as reference and can safely say that it swept out most of the competition clean and even alot more expensive iems for my tastes. I don't care about what anyone else says, but I even preferred it more than the Andromeda's!!! But maybe a completely different outcome for someone else's ears. Everyone has different expectations bro, it's not an easy hobby to just go and recommend something but a very costly hobby indeed!!!

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #18,489 of 33,689
The Tinaudio T2 has a realistic bass...so-called audiophiles like it...but it does not have this artificially enhanced bass we are used to. The Rock Zircon has no midrange and a monster bass. Very vulgar sounding to me...

Some people just want to have their ears tickled by that boom boom. Hence why Beats are so popular with the general public.

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #18,490 of 33,689
Well... It's not easy to state 'what is better' because I know of a headfier that prefers the tin audio T2 (£25) over everything he has, including a lot more costly iems he has tried. It's not about price but about the actual sound quality and sound tuning (for me atleast). I went into my local headphone store with the ostrys as reference and can safely say that it swept out most of the competition clean and even alot more expensive iems for my tastes. I don't care about what anyone else says, but I even preferred it more than the Andromeda's!!! But maybe a completely different outcome for someone else's ears. Everyone has different expectations bro, it's not an easy hobby to just go and recommend something but a very costly hobby indeed!!!

If its something you "prefer", yeah sure, I won't argue with that. All the T2 praise and I much preferred the Tin Audio T1.

technical performance in terms of the sound signature that they were aiming for? that's a quite a bit harder to dispute. I won't deny that the T2 was more technically proficient, I just liked the T1 more.

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #18,491 of 33,689
Dita Answer and Dream are in a different league IMO. very different!

Sep 27, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #18,493 of 33,689
Some people just want to have their ears tickled by that boom boom. Hence why Beats are so popular with the general public.
I partially agree.
Partially because there are people (like me) who like that little more bass because of the genres that are liked.
In my case i listen a lot of hard/heavy edm genres which are pumped and compressed till distortion many times, plenty of 808s basses, many subs and much power out of the sub-bass themselves.
So having a linear bass earphone just puts me nervous because i don't feel the rumble i need to push the rumble around me.
That is a just a point of view obviously, and that's again obvious a prefer a linear bass (maybe pushed by covering the vents or using foam tips, or equalizing) than a overwhelming bass that puts everything behind and rudely hot, knocking down the natural feel of the voices and so on.
An example can be the AKG 321, to me they sound a lot harsh, sibilant and piercing in the upper region, too much boost on the lower frequencies ans mids that sound artificial and behind everything. The treble even knock down the bass making the listening not enough satisfying and coherent.
My memt x5 has a stellar bass with a good amount of detail in the treble region, and even if mids are MUCH recessed, they sound clear and natural. I have to be sincere, as soon as i get a tinaudio t2 on my hands, first thing will be putting blue tack on the vents or a piece of black tape, except if i would use them for monitoring and tracking purposes.

Beats anyway are a great company if we have to speak about how they work.
They found a big market when they can sell low res headphones and make very big money just pushing the products to people who really care about status symbols and tendences.

In your case I have to say a little thing. Like we've already said many other times on the thread, the problem is not what is better and what can be compared in terms of costing.
The curious thing is how the technology pushed us forward: now we're able to make stellar earphones for a few bucks.
The problem is not so which headphones is better between a 10$ one and a 1k$ one, but how much money are you gonna spend to have enthusiast gear and how much do you gain in terms of coherence, detail, general quality..

This world is freakin incredible, time ago i would never thought we could reach this level of quality/price ratio but then, we're here babies.

Sep 27, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #18,494 of 33,689
Hi guys,

- Simgot EN700Pro
- Rose Mini4 and Mini6
- Etymotic ER4-SR
- Toneking T4

Thanks.
One of my all time favourites is the DUNU DK-3001. You might have heard that some people had comfort issues with it so I'd recommend trying before buying. Having said that, with the right tips I can use it all day long no problem. The DK-4001 is about to hit the market too but nobody has heard it yet.

Sep 27, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #18,495 of 33,689
Dita Answer and Dream are in a different league IMO. very different!

Thanks.
Read some reviews in the meantime.
Think IEM this can be one answer :beyersmile:
Taking the reviews I have the idea the Answer might be tonality comparable to the Pinnacle P1.
Could you guys maybe compare these if you have or had both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back