Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 15, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #1,546 of 33,689
Keep telling you they weren't fitting you right. The RT10 need some treble sparkle :) They are a bit rolled and smooth. You are in the minority like 7 to 1 of owners say they lack some treble brightness. They are difficult to fit right even if you think you might, you may not.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #1,547 of 33,689

I've heard they spent ages refining the sound, eventually they managed to get the hollow eerie sound that you get at Old Trafford on match day. 

cool.gif
Personally, I'm not jumping on the trending "More is Better" BA driver Bandwagon. Even with the Noble 10's, although they are a Stellar definition and Soundstage Earphone, (Yes I have auditioned them), they simply LACK the Bass IMPACT, (I'm not certain of the word here), having all BA drivers that a B/A--D/D complement has. The BAs (to my ears) just lack that certain something, (Dynamics?
biggrin.gif
), that is afforded by a larger dynamic Bass driver. Ultimate would be like 2 11mm Dynamics and 10 BA with Crossover networks. They might be too large to insert in your ears though....

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #1,548 of 33,689

cool.gif
 Vidal, then either you aren't treble sensitive at all OR I had a defective pair, because my RT10's had highs that actually made me wince, they were simply like sticking a pencil in my eardrums. Admittedly I'm a little treble sensitive, but I'm not that treble sensitive.

cool.gif
cool.gif
 TWIN

Hi mate, I find the 4in1 at the top end of my treble acceptance but the RT-10 are a lot darker in comparison. Looking at Hisoundfi's review he said this about the treble: -

"Treble
Treble response does take a small step forward from the midrange, but is still on the more neutral side of things. It is a snappy and accurate treble with good PRaT. I think it’s in a really good spot to round out a very entertaining and non-fatiguing tuning that many will really appreciate."

That mentioning of non-fatiguing seems to indicate he found the treble fairly relaxed as well, you must have had a defective pair. I know the Macaw use a carbon fibre diaphragm which Hisoundfi mentions was previously used in a pair of JVC's that he found too bright. Maybe your pair was missing a bit of gauze or something.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #1,549 of 33,689
  Keep telling you they weren't fitting you right. The RT10 need some treble sparkle :) They are a bit rolled and smooth. You are in the minority like 7 to 1 of owners say they lack some treble brightness. They are difficult to fit right even if you think you might, you may not.

cool.gif
You may be right jant. I can only call my impressions as they worked for me. Remember, I also had trouble with another very popular Visonic earphone that everyone raves about but I heard as very Small and Tin-ish. I could NOT get them to fit.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #1,550 of 33,689
Just in case anyone misses it my comment regarding the 8BA relates to the fact they have Man United on the side. A British football (soccer) team who has a rivalry with my own team. Old Trafford is a huge stadium but is famous for being a bit quiet  on match day unless United are playing well.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #1,551 of 33,689

Hi mate, I find the 4in1 at the top end of my treble acceptance but the RT-10 are a lot darker in comparison. Looking at Hisoundfi's review he said this about the treble: -

"Treble
Treble response does take a small step forward from the midrange, but is still on the more neutral side of things. It is a snappy and accurate treble with good PRaT. I think it’s in a really good spot to round out a very entertaining and non-fatiguing tuning that many will really appreciate."

That mentioning of non-fatiguing seems to indicate he found the treble fairly relaxed as well, you must have had a defective pair. I know the Macaw use a carbon fibre diaphragm which Hisoundfi mentions was previously used in a pair of JVC's that he found too bright. Maybe your pair was missing a bit of gauze or something.

cool.gif
Vidal, It could be also like jant said, I may not have been able to get them to Fit properly due to my personal ear anatomy. THIS is the main reason I prefer down-cable type of Earphones as I know I have a propensity for not getting the best fit from all universal Over-Ears.

I also can't get Foam Eartips to work consistantly, and I have tried every technique possible for insertion.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #1,552 of 33,689
BTW, I recommend the Penon hybrid tips for the RT10 as they are a stupid picky phone for tips to get the best sound out of them. They are good tips regardless. I got the gray/orange and they are very nice tips.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #1,553 of 33,689

cool.gif
Personally, I'm not jumping on the trending "More is Better" BA driver Bandwagon. Even with the Noble 10's, although they are a Stellar definition and Soundstage Earphone, (Yes I have auditioned them), they simply LACK the Bass IMPACT, (I'm not certain of the word here), having all BA drivers that a B/A--D/D complement has. The BAs (to my ears) just lack that certain something, (Dynamics?
biggrin.gif
), that is afforded by a larger dynamic Bass driver. Ultimate would be like 2 11mm Dynamics and 10 BA with Crossover networks. They might be too large to insert in your ears though....

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

BA´s are useful in a hearing aid imo, nothing more. Never heard anything that convinced me. The 8mm driver of the KZ ATE on the other hand pumps bass and subbass quite nicely! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #1,556 of 33,689

cool.gif
biggrin.gif

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

The only multi BA driver earphone I've used is the 1More Triple Drivers - I find these have too much bass for my liking normally and I EQ both the sub (slight) and mid (a lot) down.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #1,557 of 33,689
Hello,
 I'm looking for an earphone under $30.....I listen to almost every genre( mostly Rock, Pop, R&B, Vocal...).......I love the sound signature of Ate, But I'm looking for something better like Warm & detailed......I was thinking of Tennmak pro or piano or **** 4in1 .....Which is the better? & has more bass?......Also, are there any other option which I can consider?.....Please help me to choose!

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #1,558 of 33,689
Hello,
 I'm looking for an earphone under $30.....I listen to almost every genre( mostly Rock, Pop, R&B, Vocal...).......I love the sound signature of Ate, But I'm looking for something better like Warm & detailed......I was thinking of Tennmak pro or piano or **** 4in1 .....Which is the better? & has more bass?......Also, are there any other option which I can consider?.....Please help me to choose!
The senfers are awesome indeed! You said you'd like something a little warmer...the senders IMHO are a little sparkly but can be tamed by eq'ing. Haven't tried the tennmak

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #1,559 of 33,689
  Hello,

I don't see the Pro as a significant step up from the ATE. The 4in1 is a significant step up 'but' as many have said they're a bit bright. I work in GBP so some of these maybe above the $30 but only just: -

1. **** 4in1 (bright), DT2 (less bright, less bass) or UEs (balanced)
2. Urbanfun (Balanced)
3. BK50 (Warm + detailed)
4. Tennmak Banjo (Bass)
5. Audiosense AS20 (slightly v-shaped)
6. Mannhas C190 (cheaper) - my favourite single dynamic driver (apart from the Tingo copy of a very expensive earphone)

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,560 of 33,689

The only multi BA driver earphone I've used is the 1More Triple Drivers - I find these have too much bass for my liking normally and I EQ both the sub (slight) and mid (a lot) down.

Those are hybrids though, 2 ba's and 1 dynamic, which would be for the bass. And I think he was referring specifically to multi ba only sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back