Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 14, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #1,532 of 33,689
MuZo2 beat me to it.  With a 5.1 setup your can approximate a 360 soundstage.  But with stereo IEM units, that really is not going to happen.  Now you can have a great open sound that approximates a live concert venue or the the recording studio soundstage, but that is not necessarily 360. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #1,533 of 33,689
It is impossible to get 360 degrees soundstage except binaural recordings.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/12/8021733/3d-audio-3dio-binaural-immersive-vr-sound-times-square-new-york

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #1,534 of 33,689
LIEDCHEN MARK III Headphones HIFI Monitor Headband With MIC Ultra Bass Stereo 3.5mm Plug For PC Game Video
http://s.aliexpress.com/NzYjuUrq
(from AliExpress Android)

Freaking big!
smily_headphones1.gif

Big and beautiful. Love that steampunk design! Added to my wishlist.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #1,535 of 33,689
I'm not a drummer, although I have a drumset, (as well as a 10 guitars and a bass guitar and a dozen mostly guitar tube amps) but I guess I never noticed before today that drummers generally don't use the ride cymbal much when the other instruments are playing "thick" parts. I tend, as a listener to pay attention to the ride cymbal for a sense of air, separation, and clarity. This is also one of the places where I notice hybrid IEMs really stand out. I'm listening to some experimental progressive metal jazz fusion, and finally hearing some ride cymbal at times to hear exceptional separation that good IEMs (KZ ATE and ED9) can't quite show the detail that the good hybrid 4in1, YHS 002, and HSLX 808 can  properly relay. I'm sure there are pure dynamics I don't own like the MEE Pinnacle that can portray this, but not at the under $40 price the Chinese hybrids can do.

Oct 15, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #1,536 of 33,689
Have anybody here ever experience a true 360 degree soundstage from a iem,  doesn't matter in any price range,  pure BA or DD or Hybrids... 

Check out, not an iem but something special. I'm waiting for my early bird purchase... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/248983394/ossic-x-the-first-3d-audio-headphones-calibrated-t

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #1,537 of 33,689
  My personal preference is for a bright earphone so 4in1, the RT10 is a very good IEM though.

On that list my preference would be

4in1
ZS3
RT-10
ZST
Hybrids

--> I'm with you 'Vidal'.
beerchug.gif

I rather have a clear sounding IEM, MID to HIGHS where I can tone down the clarity, if needed.....then to own a MID to BASS sounding IEM, which I can't even bring out more details.

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #1,542 of 33,689
  RT10 doesn't have piercing treble

I have all of those here with me now apart from the ath im50, well the the wife uses the Hybrids.

RT10 is not piercing at all, in fact compared to the 4in1 it's a little dark.

Is there a specific thing you're looking for?

well I just recently tried the rt-10 versus the kz-ate, zs3, tennmak pro and so far I think the rt-10's sq is what I've been looking for all along. I just wanted to know how it compares to those other famous good sounding iems.

and yes, I liked that the rt-10 does not have a piercing treble, it made me think twice if should get one or not but for now I'll stick with zs3 and upcoming zst.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,545 of 33,689
  RT10 doesn't have piercing treble

I have all of those here with me now apart from the ath im50, well the the wife uses the Hybrids.

RT10 is not piercing at all, in fact compared to the 4in1 it's a little dark.

Is there a specific thing you're looking for?

cool.gif
Vidal, then either you aren't treble sensitive at all OR I had a defective pair, because my RT10's had highs that actually made me wince, they were simply like sticking a pencil in my eardrums. Admittedly I'm a little treble sensitive, but I'm not that treble sensitive.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back