Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 4, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #1,081 of 33,689
received the hidizs ap60 today. must say the SQ is excellent for the price. in terms of sound, they sound like campfire audio nova tonally.

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #1,082 of 33,689

4in1

Unbearable highs, eh ?
eek.gif

(mine is still at customs office)

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,085 of 33,689
cool.gif
Just got the New KZ Hybrid. Let me cut to the Chase real fast. OOTB they are a complete Fail. By comparison the original Xiaomi Hybrid is much better.

Seriously, is there really a B/A driver in there?  KZ you really need to step up your game, your own ATE Destroys this effort.

NOT AT ALL WHAT I EXPECTED.

Well, they are off to 200 Hours burn in. Maybe some MAGIC will Happen....

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #1,086 of 33,689

Just skipping song after song , normally people say bass bleeds into mids, here I would say treble bleeds into mids and lows.

Not a good news for me (had high hopes) 
triportsad.gif

I just hope it's a QC issue and mine are the ones from the earlier batch (supposed to be ones with silver plated nozzle) that got rave reviews (initially) 
tongue.gif

#WithFingersCrossed

(BTW, I have ordered mine from AK store)

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #1,087 of 33,689
I heard these were quite well received in the Russian community. How did you came to the conclusion to buy them?

I literally just chanced it because all my iem with a mic were broken and i thought why not try a hck new arrival, especially for the cheap price, i expected less but i got a lot more, i find they are better than all my budget kz and lz, i do like to gamble now and then and on this occasion it has worked out for me.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #1,088 of 33,689
I literally just chanced it because all my iem with a mic were broken and i thought why not try a hck new arrival, especially for the cheap price, i expected less but i got a lot more, i find they are better than all my budget kz and lz, i do like to gamble now and then and on this occasion it has worked out for me.

Could you give us a comparison with your IEMs. They do include quite a lot of accessories right?

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #1,089 of 33,689

Thank you very much for your feedback. I now ordered XE800 since I value clarity more than bass. :) I will try to EQ to boost bass if it is desired. Hope it does maintain clarity while boosted bass on EQ...

i think you'll like them just the way they are--imo they're on a higher level

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,090 of 33,689
I was about to hit buy on the sennheiser M2 in ears and then came across a KZ ZS3 review that alerted me to the cheaper end of the market and now I have found myself here... Very confused by all the products in this price range to be honest. KZ's line-up has so many models and that is just the first brand I came across. Help would be much appreciated.

I listen to electronic mostly so I need bass quality + quantity, sub-bass, and hopefully without that compromising the rest of the soundstage too much.

Will be a commuter earphone so need good isolation and paired with smartphone so needs to be easily powered (seems odd to me to buy budget and then spend more than the earphone on a portable amp - would rather just spend more on a good easily powered earphone if I have to)

Occasional gym use and sometimes like to go to bed with earphones so if you can have them in lying on one side that would be ideal! (Read in the verge's article that the zero audio carbo tenore is good for that but gather there are better options now)

Any recommendations welcomed. A few posts about the KZ ZS3 needing an amp have put me off that for now.

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #1,091 of 33,689
  I was about to hit buy on the sennheiser M2 in ears and then came across a KZ ZS3 review that alerted me to the cheaper end of the market and now I have found myself here... Very confused by all the products in this price range to be honest. KZ's line-up has so many models and that is just the first brand I came across. Help would be much appreciated.

I listen to electronic mostly so I need bass quality + quantity, sub-bass, and hopefully without that compromising the rest of the soundstage too much.

Will be a commuter earphone so need good isolation and paired with smartphone so needs to be easily powered (seems odd to me to buy budget and then spend more than the earphone on a portable amp - would rather just spend more on a good easily powered earphone if I have to)

Occasional gym use and sometimes like to go to bed with earphones so if you can have them in lying on one side that would be ideal! (Read in the verge's article that the zero audio carbo tenore is good for that but gather there are better options now)

Any recommendations welcomed. A few posts about the KZ ZS3 needing an amp have put me off that for now.

ZS3 has good reports so far but I don't have them myself. I can recommend the Tennmak Pro:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Tennmak-Tenmk-Pro-Dual-Dynamic-Driver-Professional-In-Ear-Sport-Detach-Earphone-Headphones-with-Microphone-Remote/1183804_32624020655.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.0.8JXHjM

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #1,094 of 33,689
  Unbearable highs, eh ?
eek.gif

(mine is still at customs office)

Just skipping song after song , normally people say bass bleeds into mids, here I would say treble bleeds into mids and lows.

Please do tip-rolling and if You have - use JVC Spiral Dot tips! 

Originally Posted by mebaali /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not a good news for me (had high hopes) 
triportsad.gif

I just hope it's a QC issue and mine are the ones from the earlier batch (supposed to be ones with silver plated nozzle) that got rave reviews (initially) 
tongue.gif

#WithFingersCrossed
(BTW, I have ordered mine from AK store)

You should be fine if You use correct tips... based on what You say about modded 808 and mutemath. To me modded 808 is about same as 4in1 with "right" tips or even slightly harsher in highs.
That`s all of course IF we have same quality and production 4in1.

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #1,095 of 33,689
My 4 in 1 is coming today, hope they are my end game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back