Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 3, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #1,051 of 33,689
Nice impressions! :smile:

By the way, did you receive the whole package from **** when you ordered the 4in1's? And, if you did? Did you receive the extra black silicone tips, which he include in the package? They help to balance out the 4in1's v-signature. Actually, I'm wondering how many people ordered the whole package.
I got the whole package minus the box.

I swapped to the extra black silicone tips and went back to the wide bore. The narrow bore black tips accentuated the bass and the treble, whereas I was trying to tame both of them to make the sound signature less v-shaped.

Unless there were a third set of silicone tips that besides the 3 narrow bore and the 1 stock wide bore?

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #1,052 of 33,689
Oct 3, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,053 of 33,689
Quick update on my **** 4 in 1 journey.

I figured what the heck and threw a little eq onto them. What I can say is that they take eq'ing VERY well.

14k down less than 1.
3k down about 2-3db.
900 up 2 db
250 up 1-2 db
60 up 1 db

These sound great now. I always felt like it was never a matter of them being bad, just not my taste in sound signature. This proved that out for me.

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #1,054 of 33,689
Has anyone compared between XE800 and VSD1S? I am keen to purchase either of them and not sure what the differences are in terms of sound signature....  
confused.gif

If I understood correctly, VSD1S is smooth and airy IEM and XE800 is detailed and analytical. Have I understood correctly? 

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #1,055 of 33,689
Has anyone compared between XE800 and VSD1S? I am keen to purchase either of them and not sure what the differences are in terms of sound signature....  :confused:  

If I understood correctly, VSD1S is smooth and airy IEM and XE800 is detailed and analytical. Have I understood correctly? 
u r right. Xe800 treble is more grainy though.

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #1,056 of 33,689
I know I'm pushing my luck here, but are there any recommendations for bluetooth non-iems in the sub $40 range?  I like the idea of iems, but have never yet found a pair I find comfortable. 

I've tried scanning through the threads but there are so many pages and most of it seems to be talk about wired iems. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #1,057 of 33,689
I know I'm pushing my luck here, but are there any recommendations for bluetooth non-iems in the sub $40 range?  I like the idea of iems, but have never yet found a pair I find comfortable. 

I've tried scanning through the threads but there are so many pages and most of it seems to be talk about wired iems. 
bluetooth earbuds?

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #1,060 of 33,689

Bluetooth and Headfi don't go well together, most people here are stacking 2-3 audio gear on top of another. Do this, Google search "Best iPhone 7 bluetooth earpuds" change the date from "anytime" to "past month" your answer will be there

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #1,062 of 33,689
  Bluetooth and Headfi don't go well together, most people here are stacking 2-3 audio gear on top of another. Do this, Google search "Best iPhone 7 bluetooth earpuds" change the date from "anytime" to "past month" your answer will be there

Ahh, iPhones! I forgot they were now bluetooth only.
Might make the search a little easier, thanks. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #1,064 of 33,689
Ahh, iPhones! I forgot they were now bluetooth only.
Might make the search a little easier, thanks. 
You can always get one of these budget IEMs that are MMCX connected and then a cheap MMCX Bluetooth cable as well.

Oct 3, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,065 of 33,689
Anyone know any good truly wireless BA Bluetooth iems?
There's those 300 dollar ones but maybe some cheaper ones?
I'm ready to sacrifice some range for pure portability. Maybe I can use em at work.
It would be a dream come true and I might try to mod an ambient sound vent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back