Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 2, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #1,021 of 33,689
Thanks to loomisjohnson I now have a pair of remax rm-600 and they are pretty good. Flat-ish response with a high-mid/treble emphasis, sounds a little more forward than etymotics, probably because of the high-mids where etymotics tend to extend on the extremes of high frequencies.

It can deliver more sub-bass when EQed. I'm very happy with these little ones, the form factor means I can stash in a jacket pocket and not worry about them too much. I'm using the stock tips. They are smaller then I expected, probably similar to e107.

The casing seems well made but the cable is a bit meh with the shrinking over the twisted cable showing some twist/ripples. It also has considerable cable noise.

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #1,022 of 33,689
I decide to go for MusicMaker TK13s do you recommend it for Metal - Punk mostly but other genres too?
Also there are differences in the sound on MusicMaker TK13 and MusicMaker TK13s or the only difference is detachable cable?
I read many positive comments for tk13 but i like the detachable cable .
i bought the havi b3 but i returned it because i didn't like the sound (maybe they was defective).
My source is xduoo x3 (mostly without amp but i have topping nx1 and fiio q1 and i use them when i listen music at home ).
Sorry for my bad english .

Anybody who knows if sound is same on MusicMaker TK13 and MusicMaker TK13s

I like them very much for PowerMetal (e.g. 'Sabaton - The last stand' is pure epic on them, driven by the Wolfson WM8740 iHifi812v2, to my taste even better than the Shockwave III for this particular music genre). They like higher power though, on a Sansa Clip+ they do no shine. The iHifi812v2 is a powerhouse in this regard with 450mW@16Ohm).

thank you

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #1,024 of 33,689
  Thanks to loomisjohnson I now have a pair of remax rm-600 and they are pretty good. Flat-ish response with a high-mid/treble emphasis, sounds a little more forward than etymotics, probably because of the high-mids where etymotics tend to extend on the extremes of high frequencies.

It can deliver more sub-bass when EQed. I'm very happy with these little ones, the form factor means I can stash in a jacket pocket and not worry about them too much. I'm using the stock tips. They are smaller then I expected, probably similar to e107.

The casing seems well made but the cable is a bit meh with the shrinking over the twisted cable showing some twist/ripples. It also has considerable cable noise.

I wear the cables up over my ears with the E107 helps keep the cables secure and noise free.

I have some cable guides knocking around I'll send you some if you want (free), always get sent odd bits from suppliers - assuming London is UK, London.

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #1,026 of 33,689
  Anyone who bought the LZ A2S at the bargain price I have good news, based upon the weight of the earpiece and sound quality coming from them I'm 99% certain that they're genuine.

Wow that is interesting. Similar to the XE800s. At that price I would actually consider them a good buy. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #1,027 of 33,689
I take it you mean the price drop rather than the sound?

I'm thinking stock was sold off and people thought they were the old A02 and priced accordingly, I'm glad I got a couple of pairs as I'll sell one and keep a pair for my collection. I think I'm going to need a bigger case

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #1,028 of 33,689
  Anyone who bought the LZ A2S at the bargain price I have good news, based upon the weight of the earpiece and sound quality coming from them I'm 99% certain that they're genuine.

Thanks for the heads-up
beerchug.gif
 (bought it for 18 US$)

ATM, mine is at the Mumbai Customs office (will surely take a week or two to get cleared from them, though
redface.gif
)

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #1,029 of 33,689
I wish I had tried picking it up at that price, but it's not a huge loss.

For those with experience with Penon Audio, should I be concerned that an order placed on the 6th went through Hong Kong Air Mail Center on the 12th, and I haven't heard a thing since?  I would assume if it went through an air mail center, it shouldn't take that long to cross to the US.

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #1,030 of 33,689

@1clearhead has also one with golden rings, his was one of first and also directly from ****.

Actually, you mean I have the silver rings
ksc75smile.gif

4in1 is great at its price. But I think it has the weaknesses that is common for single BA driver's. So you caannot expect too much. For 1 DD with 1 BAs, it may not be better than single DD. 4in1s did a good job IMO.

That can be questionable and more about preference. 

More BA's might not necessarily mean the best in better coherency or quality of sound, for they all have to travel through that same narrow nozzle from the earphones and through our ear canals for us to make judgement on the sound and preference to what we like the most.

I've auditioned some of the best, like the ADEL 64 AUDIO 12 BA's per-side and the newest AKG "one dynamic" per-side in-ear monitors that "stunned me" even more! Better yet, the single knowles 30042 BA plays just as good dynamically as combining "two" 30017 and they both benefit differently from crossovers, when applied.

So, it's more about preference and quality of inner parts (including crossovers) than actually adding more BA armatures, which to me personally doesn't necessarily mean better.

Remind you, the **** 4in1's inner parts is a "30042 BA and a beryllium dynamic driver". To me? That's saying something from a company that's asking for such a low price.
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #1,035 of 33,689
Somic V4s are still impressing me after a week of usage. Soundstage is wide, clear mids, treble is rarely sibilant (very few hints of sibilance sometimes) while being crisp and detailed. Instrument separation is better than IEMs I've heard at $18 IMHO. Bass is a bit too much for my taste, I EQ the bass down and they become killer neutral IEMs. Works for most genres of music, an all-rounder hidden gem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back