Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 2, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #991 of 33,689
glad to see criticisms of 4 in 1 rolling in which means I am right to say that treble is harsh in the first place. some are scared to voice out criticism for fear of backlash however the truth must be spoken.
we can now confirm the 4 in 1 is a legitimate hype train.

I agree that the treble on the 4in1 is harsh and in general too much for me to enjoy. But I don't think it's fair to write it off as hype. The 4in1 still has better clarity, imaging, and separation than almost any other $28 IEM. It just doesn't have a sound signature I happen to enjoy. That doesn't mean it's all hype.

Oct 2, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #992 of 33,689
I know these arent really chinese, but how does the carbo tenore sound? Or any recommendations for me, i lsiten mainly to the top 40 charts, edm and acoustic music, budget would be below $100 and im currently looking at the brand Zero audio right now, suggestions are welcomed , thanks guys!!

Oct 2, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #993 of 33,689
I decide to go for MusicMaker TK13s do you recommend it for Metal - Punk mostly but other genres too?
Also there are differences in the sound on MusicMaker TK13 and MusicMaker TK13s or the only difference is detachable cable?
I read many positive comments for tk13 but i like the detachable cable .
i bought the havi b3 but i returned it because i didn't like the sound (maybe they was defective).
My source is xduoo x3 (mostly without amp but i have topping nx1 and fiio q1 and i use them when i listen music at home ).
Sorry for my bad english .

Oct 2, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #994 of 33,689
Received my 4in1 5 days ago. First impression was "Wow". Highs seemed a little ephasised, but tip rolling fixed that for me. Bass is punchy and accurate. They somewhat remind me my broken Vsonic Vsd3S. Also I would say, that different tracks produce different impressions, so mastering matters alot, 'cause 4in1 are quite unforgiving. Also, they may not fit evreyone's ears, because they are a little wide. The sound quality, detalisation and sound stage are superb, I am really satisfied with them.

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #995 of 33,689
Received my 4in1 5 days ago. First impression was "Wow". Highs seemed a little ephasised, but tip rolling fixed that for me. Bass is punchy and accurate. They somewhat remind me my broken Vsonic Vsd3S. Also I would say, that different tracks produce different impressions, so mastering matters alot, 'cause 4in1 are quite unforgiving. Also, they may not fit evreyone's ears, because they are a little wide. The sound quality, detalisation and sound stage are superb, I am really satisfied with them.

Congratulations to have a great iem, 
and I am 100% agree with your impressions,  4in1 are  exactly sounded for me as you described.. 

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #996 of 33,689

Have to delete my iTunes Rock/Metal Collection cause their mastering was terrible. The 1st Press works wonderfully 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #997 of 33,689
I decide to go for MusicMaker TK13s do you recommend it for Metal - Punk mostly but other genres too?
Also there are differences in the sound on MusicMaker TK13 and MusicMaker TK13s or the only difference is detachable cable?
I read many positive comments for tk13 but i like the detachable cable .
i bought the havi b3 but i returned it because i didn't like the sound (maybe they was defective).
My source is xduoo x3 (mostly without amp but i have topping nx1 and fiio q1 and i use them when i listen music at home ).
Sorry for my bad english .

What kind of drivers inside musicmaker tk13 and tk13s?

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #999 of 33,689

Bedding in the drivers over a few days will make the highs sweeter. Also I find listening at lower volumes improve the frequency balance between DD and BA.

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,000 of 33,689
  My 4in1 arrived yesterday and when I listened to it yes there was this treble harshness. I started tip rolling and with all stock tips I had similar issues. I found some wide bore small tips which gives deep insertion and once you get this right highs seems right. Also the mids came bit forward, with stock tips they were recessed and bass and highs were dominating the mids. So all those who have treble issues with 4in1 try all tips you have. Play with insertion depth.
http://rinchoi.blogspot.de/2010/05/how-deep-do-you-insert-you-er4.html
http://rinchoi.blogspot.de/search/label/The%20Effect%20of%20Ear%20Sleeves

Finally someone who bothers to play with tips! For me, JVC Spiral Dot S size was best and gave same results that You are mentioning.

Quote:

Same here. Out of laptop and phone 4in1 shows immense difference between higher quality sources (like my modified Aune T1 and iBasso DX5X).
I mostly listen HQ great mastering progressive rock.
What tips are You using?

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #1,001 of 33,689
I know these arent really chinese, but how does the carbo tenore sound? Or any recommendations for me, i lsiten mainly to the top 40 charts, edm and acoustic music, budget would be below $100 and im currently looking at the brand Zero audio right now, suggestions are welcomed , thanks guys!!

I have both the Tenore and 13. The Tenore is great for what it is, relaxed simple listening. The 13 is a way more refined detailed sound. The 13 plus Spiral Dot tips are my 2nd favorite IEM

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #1,002 of 33,689
Hmm, delete music because the iem is unforgiving? I don't think it's the right path.

Music collection is more important. Maybe just buy another iem for those tracks.

I have the XE800 too, but that doesn't seem to work, the distortions, sibilance still there. There's a huge difference between the original tracks and remastered tracks. The remastered ones sound louder, but compressed while the original tracks sound more dynamic and musical. Take the "Back in Black" by AC/DC for example. The best version is the one by Albert Productions – CD 431046. The SICP-1707 is the newer release, sounds much louder, compressed

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,004 of 33,689
I will be playing with tips on the 4in1 once I get my spiral dots and comply isolation foams. I do find the stock wide bore to be much more pleasing than the stock narrow bore.

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,005 of 33,689
Anyone here can compare the 4in1 to the Auglamour R8, i have $40 to burn, i care more about a headphone having good bass and wide soundstage 1st.

The R8 has a narrow soundstage from what I read.

Another option is the Tennmak Pro. About $30 then you can always buy an upgraded cable for about $10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back