Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 1, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #961 of 33,689
  every iem has their own strengths and weaknesses, hence subjective to each one of us.
flc8s having 36 configurations is an iem to find your desired sound so you can lock in and upgrade in your desired direction. it helps me a lot in identifying the sound i crave

While I haven't tested the FLC8s yet, I can see how it would be helpful in that situation.

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #962 of 33,689
  While I haven't tested the FLC8s yet, I can see how it would be helpful in that situation.

technically flc8s covers almost every sound signature. the resolution of it is close to uerm. i still regret trading mine away.
frown.gif

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #963 of 33,689
I do not own the 4in1, not sure why you brought it Anways. So I have never endorsed it besides saying "hey this a new popular one, check out some impressions." I'm starting to think certain sellers are selling an inferior product since supplies went low bc of the hype. Or many just can't handle strong treble.

PMV I do not own hence never recommended.

You on the other hand recommend the Havi and Sirius every other post it seems. Are you sponsored by them?

Simply rephrasing your original statement to "I've heard the PMV and I believe that the Havi is still a better choice" sounds a lot less douchey. Also add the fact the PMV has indeed gotten good impressions, except you apparently. Some find the 4in1 good, others including you find it bad. The way your statements comes off based on this is that you are right and everybody who says its good is wrong.

TwinACStacks says the Havi is complete garbage, so with your logic they are indeed garbage. He's right and the rest of you are wrong.

I don't want this to turn into a pissing match and close this thread. Please think about the way you are wording your opinions and recommendations.
English may not be his first language.

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #965 of 33,689
Anyone want to trade an early batch 4in1 with me for testing purposes? Will swap back afterwards.

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #966 of 33,689
Anyone want to trade an early batch 4in1 with me for testing purposes? Will swap back afterwards.

After reading the comments about the 4in1 and further listening myself I'm inclined to believe that the difference is likely music choice, source and treble sensitivity. There have been a couple of times when the highs became edgy for me but it's only on certain tracks/albums. 

Having said that, I'd still be interested in your swap results if you can do it.

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #967 of 33,689
  After reading the comments about the 4in1 and further listening myself I'm inclined to believe that the difference is likely music choice, source and treble sensitivity. There have been a couple of times when the highs became edgy for me but it's only on certain tracks/albums. 

Having said that, I'd still be interested in your swap results if you can do it.

could it be the mastering of recordings? i use mine with DSD & FLAC files only

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #968 of 33,689

This is what I think is the simple truth. Since every criticism has been about the harshness in treble but nobody has complained about their detail retrieval, which has been stated as their strong point. So we don't have two conflicting views on the same subject, but two different views on two different subjects that are highly linked with each other.

I plan on buying one tonight. I'll work on creating a treble insensitive playlist of songs till I receive them. :p

And I've been lurking and reading all posts in this thread for several months now, checking in almost everyday and to me it seems Audio123 just doesn't have the same sound preference as a lot of people here which is quite a normal thing. And then his words come across a bit offensive hence all the chaos.
Audio is a subjective hobby. No need to have word wars over every little thing said (sorry for the bad pun)

Have a nice day, and looking forward to reading about the next budget gem that fits my sound preference. :)

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #969 of 33,689
Right now I am listening music with 4in1 and honestly am strange why some peoples are complaining about the treble and some are complaining about the sub bass, for me they have very good amount of sub bass as for the treble they have excellent sparkle which is very exciting but their is absolutely no hint of harshness for me and I am using the narrow bore tips which even enhance the upper frequencies.

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #970 of 33,689
Right now I am listening music with 4in1 and honestly am strange why some peoples are complaining about the treble and some are complaining about the sub bass, for me they have very good amount of sub bass as for the treble they have excellent sparkle which is very exciting but their is absolutely no hint of harshness for me and I am using the narrow bore tips which even enhance the upper frequencies.

Right. So you may be a person who has a low treble sensitivity, and may have a good source pairing with the 4-in-1. However, I'm getting the feeling that there is more here than simple differences in preference. I think that there is likely a shift in quality between batches, something I really wouldn't put past a budget Chinese OEM.

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #971 of 33,689
  Right. So you may be a person who has a low treble sensitivity, and may have a good source pairing with the 4-in-1. However, I'm getting the feeling that there is more here than simple differences in preference. I think that there is likely a shift in quality between batches, something I really wouldn't put past a budget Chinese OEM.

You are right maybe I am not that treble sensitive and I like the sparkle in highs but again I know very well the difference between sparkle and harshness, 
Second,  i am in the group of very early buyers,  maybe from the first batch. 

Oct 1, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #972 of 33,689
My 4in1 arrived yesterday and when I listened to it yes there was this treble harshness. I started tip rolling and with all stock tips I had similar issues. I found some wide bore small tips which gives deep insertion and once you get this right highs seems right. Also the mids came bit forward, with stock tips they were recessed and bass and highs were dominating the mids. So all those who have treble issues with 4in1 try all tips you have. Play with insertion depth.
http://rinchoi.blogspot.de/2010/05/how-deep-do-you-insert-you-er4.html
http://rinchoi.blogspot.de/search/label/The%20Effect%20of%20Ear%20Sleeves

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #973 of 33,689

This is what I think is the simple truth. Since every criticism has been about the harshness in treble but nobody has complained about their detail retrieval, which has been stated as their strong point. So we don't have two conflicting views on the same subject, but two different views on two different subjects that are highly linked with each other.

I plan on buying one tonight. I'll work on creating a treble insensitive playlist of songs till I receive them. :p

And I've been lurking and reading all posts in this thread for several months now, checking in almost everyday and to me it seems Audio123 just doesn't have the same sound preference as a lot of people here which is quite a normal thing. And then his words come across a bit offensive hence all the chaos.
Audio is a subjective hobby. No need to have word wars over every little thing said (sorry for the bad pun)

Have a nice day, and looking forward to reading about the next budget gem that fits my sound preference. :)

When doing a blind A/B between FLAC and 320 kbps MP3 versions of the same song, i.e. download the FLAC and convert to 320, it was hard to tell what was FLAC and what was 320 with the 4in1. With my friend's SE535 and my own DBA-02 MkII, it was a bit easier. I don't know if you call this analytical or detail retrieval but I'm just putting it out there. Same for the LZ-A2S, hard to tell detail in that circumstance.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #974 of 33,689
  You are right maybe I am not that treble sensitive and I like the sparkle in highs but again I know very well the difference between sparkle and harshness, 
Second,  i am in the group of very early buyers,  maybe from the first batch. 

So......trade for my new batch 4in1 and swap back?

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #975 of 33,689
I also have some JVC Spiral Dots on order, perhaps that will help with the treble sensitivity.

Though, coming from DD IEM's, all the BA treble in the 3 different BA IEMs I just recently acquired are all definitely harsher than any DD I've had before, so it's been an adjusting period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back