Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 1, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #946 of 33,689
explain **** 4 in 1 which has many good impressions and now there are tons of criticisms about it. i based my comparison based on resolution and details which is objective as compared to sound signature which is subjective.

I do not own the 4in1, not sure why you brought it Anways. So I have never endorsed it besides saying "hey this a new popular one, check out some impressions." I'm starting to think certain sellers are selling an inferior product since supplies went low bc of the hype. Or many just can't handle strong treble.

PMV I do not own hence never recommended.

You on the other hand recommend the Havi and Sirius every other post it seems. Are you sponsored by them?

Simply rephrasing your original statement to "I've heard the PMV and I believe that the Havi is still a better choice" sounds a lot less douchey. Also add the fact the PMV has indeed gotten good impressions, except you apparently. Some find the 4in1 good, others including you find it bad. The way your statements comes off based on this is that you are right and everybody who says its good is wrong.

TwinACStacks says the Havi is complete garbage, so with your logic they are indeed garbage. He's right and the rest of you are wrong.

I don't want this to turn into a pissing match and close this thread. Please think about the way you are wording your opinions and recommendations.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #947 of 33,689
Had some time fiddling with the Magaosi K1 just now. Still can't really decide between black and grey filters. When i'm with the black ones often i found the lower midrange to be lacking or sounded slightly thinner than i would prefer especially when listening to acoustic male vocal songs then i will find myself reaching for grey filter again. The midrange is definitely more forward after listening side by side with the 4in1, more like the UEs which IMO also has a forward midrange signature though the UEs sounded much more thinner and brighter as compared to K1 which has a lush and smooth sound. For now I will have no problem deciding between the K1 and the 4in1 though the banned one is still a league above and still my most favourite yet.

BTW i just discovered that the Sendiy M2 filters can actually fit into the K1 so i guess there's more options now. But it looks to me the filters are actually the same as the M2 just a little design difference not sure how its gonna affect the sound though till i try it.

Very interesting, I also own the UEs so comparison to them are valuable information to me. I also agree on your comments about both their midrange being slightly forward and them being on the thin side in general. Your comments in addition to the shells being confirmed as metal makes me very optimistic about theses :)

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #948 of 33,689
I do not own the 4in1, not sure why you brought it Anways. So I have never endorsed it besides saying "hey this a new popular one, check out some impressions." I'm starting to think certain sellers are selling an inferior product since supplies went low bc of the hype. Or many just can't handle strong treble.

PMV I do not own hence never recommended.

You on the other hand recommend the Havi and Sirius every other post it seems. Are you sponsored by them?

Simply rephrasing your original statement to "I've heard the PMV and I believe that the Havi is still a better choice" sounds a lot less douchey. Also add the fact the PMV has indeed gotten good impressions, except you apparently. Some find the 4in1 good, others including you find it bad. The way your statements comes off based on this is that you are right and everybody who says its good is wrong.

TwinACStacks says the Havi is complete garbage, so with your logic they are indeed garbage. He's right and the rest of you are wrong.

I don't want this to turn into a pissing match and close this thread. Please think about the way you are wording your opinions and recommendations.

ok thanks for your advice. will learn to phrase properly.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #949 of 33,689
ok thanks for your advice. will learn to phrase properly.

. Why did you edit out the part accusing me of trying to help sell iems? You realized how ridiculous the accusation was?

Have a good day bro

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #950 of 33,689
  glad to see criticisms of 4 in 1 rolling in which means I am right to say that treble is harsh in the first place. some are scared to voice out criticism for fear of backlash however the truth must be spoken.
we can now confirm the 4 in 1 is a legitimate hype train.

Meh? Pardon me, but try to be OBJECTIVE for a once!
Fear of backlash? Geesh. 
We? You meant YOU and few others. I`ve been reading much more positive comments on 4in1 than negative and as we and some others are suspecting - there might be production/SQ difference in later batches. That does NOT give YOU the right to say that 4in1 is "legitimate hype train". 

Quote:
The PMV sounds bad to "YOU" so nobody should buy it and instead go with what sounds go to "YOU". The Audio King has spoken guys.

explain **** 4 in 1 which has many good impressions and now there are tons of criticisms about it. i based my comparison based on resolution and details which is objective as compared to sound signature which is subjective.

Tons? Really? Take a look how many positive comments and impressions 4in1 has. Especially early units and impressions - all positive.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #951 of 33,689
. Why did you edit out the part accusing me of trying to help sell iems? You realized how ridiculous the accusation was?

Have a good day bro

yea which is why i edited it out. cheers mate, happy listening

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #953 of 33,689
Come on guys we do not have to go through this again lets not lock this thread down too okay? A clean slate is a clean slate lets not bring up history and just move on. Audio123 also agreed to work on his phrasing so lets just use this thread for its purpose alright :) peace

As you can see we worked it out. This wasn't a pages long argument. Now it's on him if he will change. It's obvious it hasn't since the last thread

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #954 of 33,689
As you can see we worked it out. This wasn't a pages long argument. Now it's on him if he will change. It's obvious it hasn't since the last thread

i will change and work on my phrasing to make it sound more positive instead of totally negative like for example this iem is very bad to this iem has some flaws in certain departments etc.

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #955 of 33,689
cool.gif
Whoa. I didn't say the Havi is complete garbage. It's just not for me. I will admit it has an Impressive soundstage and frequency balance. Here are my BEEFS with it:

It's over Ear only. (this is personal, I prefer down-cabling MUCH more),  As with MOST micro drivers it doesn't take Bass boosting or amping well, The Havi (to me) lacks Bass, so in order to remedy this I used a Bass boost from my E12 Fiio. The Reason I was using my FIIO BTW is that the HAVI are extremely Hard to drive to Volume. When I did this they Distorted.

This is the easiest way to get me to sell or throw an IEM in the Drawer--- Distortion. Well made Drivers, even 5mm ones do not distort even at volume levels that most would consider dangerous.

The other beef is the aforementioned channel imbalance. To me It was very slight but nonetheless noticeable.

These are the reasons why I sold mine in less than a Month.

YMMV

Now let's all have a Group Hug and make up.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #956 of 33,689
:cool: Whoa. I didn't say the Havi is complete garbage. It's just not for me. I will admit it has an Impressive soundstage and frequency balance. Here are my BEEFS with it:

It's over Ear only. (this is personal, I prefer down-cabling MUCH more),  As with MOST micro drivers it doesn't take Bass boosting or amping well, The Havi (to me) lacks Bass, so in order to remedy this I used a Bass boost from my E12 Fiio. The Reason I was using my FIIO BTW is that the HAVI are extremely Hard to drive to Volume. When I did this they Distorted.

This is the easiest way to get me to sell or throw an IEM in the Drawer--- Distortion. Well made Drivers, even 5mm ones do not distort even at volume levels that most would consider dangerous.

The other beef is the aforementioned channel imbalance. To me It was very slight but nonetheless noticeable.

YMMV

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

My bad Keith, I got a bit into it and exaggerated. I should have said that have your issues with it. Apologies man!

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #957 of 33,689
My bad Keith, I got a bit into it and exaggerated. I should have said that have your issues with it. Apologies man!

cool.gif
No problems my dear friend Justin. I too can get my hackles up in the heat of the moment. It's an argument you just can't win, as we have discussed in another place.
biggrin.gif

wink.gif
wink.gif
TWIN

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #958 of 33,689
I miss my Havi. Dead after 3 years or so. Much abuse from use and channel imbalance. Had the soundstage but not enough bass unless I massively boosted from EQ.

The 4 in 1 is great, but again only if you EQ. The overdone midbass from 100hz-500hz and peaky treble hurt it for normal use, but EQ corrects it, making a highly competent IEM for the money. It beats the LZ-a2 in a few areas like soundstage and treble extension.

Still haven't found an IEM that I can really leave untouched without EQ that makes me happy. I would need to hit the $300+ range for that, and I just don't have the money or the desire to bring a $300+ IEM on my commutes and gym workouts. If I was gifted one, that's a different story :)

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #959 of 33,689
:cool: Whoa. I didn't say the Havi is complete garbage. It's just not for me. I will admit it has an Impressive soundstage and frequency balance. Here are my BEEFS with it:

YMMV

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

FYI I listen to them cable down without any problem.

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #960 of 33,689
every iem has their own strengths and weaknesses, hence subjective to each one of us.
flc8s having 36 configurations is an iem to find your desired sound so you can lock in and upgrade in your desired direction. it helps me a lot in identifying the sound i crave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back