Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 29, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #766 of 33,689

I really wanted to buy the XE800 but a lot of people say soundwise the 4in1 is a tier above.

no 4in1 here, but comparing **** UEs and Vivo XE800, i'd say UEs are fuller and more complete overall, but the quiz is they have different signature. you don't get the vocals of xe800 in the UEs, for example, nor that airy sensation. i love both.

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #767 of 33,689

Get both! Just different sound signatures.....I enjoy listening to both!  
etysmile.gif

Or use the money to get 1 high(er) end IEM? choices choices I am still waiting for the VE monk plus to come in and then evaluate from there.

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #768 of 33,689

Any comparison between these. The 1More Triple Driver has been on my list a really long time, but after reading about them being bass heavy i've shied away from them. The VSD3S has been high on joker his list and besting out the Havi.

Vivo XE800
Vsonic VSD3S
HLSX 808
1More Triple Driver

If you want to try a 1More hybrid that isn't bass heavy, the C1002 (Capsule) is worth a look. Sub-bass rolls off a little early, but it's tight and punchy and far from overpowering. Lots of treble detail with good extension. Very clear mids. Good balance overall, if slightly tilted towards upper frequencies. I find the cable is really noisy though, an issue I came across with the Piston 3 using the same cable. 

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #769 of 33,689

Any comparison between these. The 1More Triple Driver has been on my list a really long time, but after reading about them being bass heavy i've shied away from them. The VSD3S has been high on joker his list and besting out the Havi.

Vivo XE800
Vsonic VSD3S
HLSX 808
1More Triple Driver

They're all very good and were on heavy rotation at some point during the last half year. As I said I homed in slowly but surely on my preferred sound signature (and this will probably change even more as I gain experience), I started liking earphones with a balanced sound with good clarity and separation in a believable soundstage. You'll find supporters for all four earphones but for me at this moment if I have to make a choice it would be: XE800>Vsonic VSD3S>1More Triple Driver>HLSX 808. For my sound preference I do indeed find 1more triple driver has too much bass but I'm sure others think otherwise.

I find it difficult to start A/B-ing them next to each other as the sound signatures are so different. You have to live for a considerable time with an earphone in order to assess its real strengths and weaknesses.

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #770 of 33,689
As a past owner of the K4 it was good. Not great. Had good clarity and detail, nice warm sound but male vocals were a bit too thick and did not sound good to me. Plus fit was a pain in the ass, ended up having to super glue medium spin fit tips on them bc they were the only tips that sounded good on them but they would come off easy in my ear

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #771 of 33,689

etysmile.gif

+1
XE800 for Vocal
4in1 for everthing else 
etysmile.gif

For those who find the 4in1 harsh, especially some recent tracks. I'd recommend you guys doing some research about "loudness war". The 4in1 really shines with high dynamic range tracks but can be very harsh and fatiguing when fed with low DR tracks.
P/s: I mainly listen to metal, hard rock. I'd avoid remastered and iTunes (or Spotify, ...) tracks, because most of them are remastered with low dynamic range, boosted vol, clipping, distortion, ...
The best quality you can expect from an album is the Vinyl release. They're the best !

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #772 of 33,689
Received my Rock Zircon, the build quality is incredible for a pair of $10 iems; very nice and light housings.

My early impressions about the sound: very warm but fun sounding; recessed mids with a boosted (boomy) bass. Typical V shaped curve I would say. Reminds me a lot of the Piston 2.0. Due to the design of the housing, insertion and position is critical, move it a little bit and the sound becomes all muffled and pretty bad. Stock tips are pretty average, I'll try another type of tips later.

For $10 it's a great iem for the gym, bus, heavy bass lovers and really (at least for me) any situation when you don't need critical listening. I'm liking them a lot with EDM, more than my Philps SHE3590. Just don't expect a neutral or flat sounding iem here hehe.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #773 of 33,689
Has anyone found any upgraded cables for Zs3?

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #774 of 33,689

+1
XE800 for Vocal
4in1 for everthing else

For those who find the 4in1 harsh, especially some recent tracks. I'd recommend you guys doing some research about "loudness war". The 4in1 really shines with high dynamic range tracks but can be very harsh and fatiguing when fed with low DR tracks.
P/s: I mainly listen to metal, hard rock. I'd avoid remastered and iTunes (or Spotify, ...) tracks, because most of them are remastered with low dynamic range, boosted vol, clipping, distortion, ...
The best quality you can expect from an album is the Vinyl release. They're the best !

Totally agree!

Just listened to Puscifer live album What is Puscifer 16/44 FLAC and Steven Wilson - Get all You deserve HDDVD 16/48 FLAC on my DX5X - amazing SQ and dynamics! I could pinpoint ppl in crowd saying things, caughing, clapping etc. and also instruments are very transparent and layered, with feel like hearing it live in real life (not been on those concerts though).

I will definitely get another 4in1 soon... and I will open them to compare to my early-hype unit inner parts to see if we are dealing with "downgrade" units lately.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #775 of 33,689

If you want to try a 1More hybrid that isn't bass heavy, the C1002 (Capsule) is worth a look. Sub-bass rolls off a little early, but it's tight and punchy and far from overpowering. Lots of treble detail with good extension. Very clear mids. Good balance overall, if slightly tilted towards upper frequencies. I find the cable is really noisy though, an issue I came across with the Piston 3 using the same cable. 

Yea, I tried these several months ago, sounds pretty good, but on the pricey side. Though, there best features for me personally is how these can be some of the most comfortable earphones I've ever worn 'till now.

They're all very good and were on heavy rotation at some point during the last half year. As I said I homed in slowly but surely on my preferred sound signature (and this will probably change even more as I gain experience), I started liking earphones with a balanced sound with good clarity and separation in a believable soundstage. You'll find supporters for all four earphones but for me at this moment if I have to make a choice it would be: XE800>Vsonic VSD3S>1More Triple Driver>HLSX 808. For my sound preference I do indeed find 1more triple driver has too much bass but I'm sure others think otherwise.

I find it difficult to start A/B-ing them next to each other as the sound signatures are so different. You have to live for a considerable time with an earphone in order to assess its real strengths and weaknesses.

When I did an A/B comparison with the 1More Triple Driver VS the HLSX-BK50 at my friends AKG headphone shop (which they carry other brands), I'd say I'll choose the BK50 over them any day --> bass sounds more natural, vocals are way better and realistic, highs and details impressive, and a wider soundstage. ....just my 2 cents.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #776 of 33,689
  HLSX 808

It is noticeably more V-shaped than 4in1 and its bass is "sloppy" compared to 4in1, especially without mods. 808 needs port closing and "special" extra wide bore tips to "shine" and tighten bass/percussion. With mods they are great hybrid, though, imho better options available by now. Even with mods, 808 sound very slightly "recessed" in mids. 4in1 mids are great and natural to my ears, slightly above neutral (with tennmak upgrade cable and spiral dot tips).

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #777 of 33,689
  When I did an A/B comparison with the 1More Triple Driver VS the HLSX-BK50 at my friends AKG headphone shop (which they carry other brands), I'd say I'll choose the BK50 over them any day --> bass sounds more natural, vocals are way better and realistic, highs and details impressive, and a wider soundstage. ....just my 2 cents.

BK50 are great and organic smooth sounding in highs and mids. Great hybrid for ppl very sensitive to highs region but still getting all the details in highs.
Imo, they are better than LZ A2S, especially in soudstage and imaging.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #778 of 33,689
  Totally agree!

Just listened to Puscifer live album What is Puscifer 16/44 FLAC and Steven Wilson - Get all You deserve HDDVD 16/48 FLAC on my DX5X - amazing SQ and dynamics! I could pinpoint ppl in crowd saying things, caughing, clapping etc. and also instruments are very transparent and layered, with feel like hearing it live in real life (not been on those concerts though).

I will definitely get another 4in1 soon... and I will open them to compare to my early-hype unit inner parts to see if we are dealing with "downgrade" units lately.

YES!....The inner workings of the 4in1's!  
tongue_smile.gif

"Can't wait!" 
etysmile.gif

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #779 of 33,689
  BK50 are great and organic smooth sounding in highs and mids. Great hybrid for ppl very sensitive to highs region but still getting all the details in highs.
Imo, they are better than LZ A2S, especially in soudstage and imaging.

I agree on the BK50s. They have brought me nothing but pleasure are what keep me from purchasing the 4in1s. I am just not sure they would bring me enough benefits to justify the purchase. You have both don't you @CoiL ? What are your thoughts?

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #780 of 33,689
Is there anyway to make vocals in 4in1 thicker or at least softer and easy on ears, upgrade cable, tips, anything, what about eq. i tried eq settings in poweramp to pop but it distorts other sounds, did similar in my laptop but got better results. the vocals are the only problem with my 4in1. Will post a newbie review soon. Got to say, burning these really made the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back