Carrot Titta
Havi B3P1
Audio Texhnica IM02
Fidue A73
VE Duke
NiceHCK DZ9

Who can add to this list?

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #737 of 33,689
Can anyone provide a comparison between Tennmak Pro and Havi B3 Pro 1?

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #738 of 33,689
@smy1 check out the review of the super audio 6.
Peter has taken the time to write a great review of them
and has described their sound signature in a way that if you read
it you'll know how he hears them. A little Google and you'll find it.

Really want to get it but i am saving up for some end game iem :/

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #739 of 33,689
Hi everyone, a local shop here just got the zst a few days back and I was able to compare the zs3 and zst. I don't know if those are burned in so take my impressions lightly.

Zs3 has more bass, goes deeper, bleeds ever so slightly to the mids. ZST has better control on the bass but doesn't have the same impact as the Zs3.
Zs3 has slightly recessed mids, sounds organic (or natural, I don't know how to describe it). ZST has good midrange buuuut at some songs it sounded artificial or forced. It just doesn't seem quite right to me.
I can't describe the treble much but the ZST has better treble.
Soundstage Zs3 > ZST, small difference only.
details Zs3 < ZST

I hope I helped people out. :D

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #740 of 33,689
Tennmak Pro is thought to need a little boost in the mids to be better, based on one of the reviews on head-fi. Doesn't that imply slightly recessed mids?

Just got my Pros yesterday. They are indeed midcentric. Even more so are the TFZ 1S. They have such a forward mid that appears to have more clarity but IMO sounds unnatural.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #741 of 33,689
Just got my Pros yesterday. They are indeed midcentric. Even more so are the TFZ 1S. They have such a forward mid that appears to have more clarity but IMO sounds unnatural.

A lot of people said that the tennmak improved after burn in. I didn't try my tennmak pro long enough(only a few songs) out of the box so I don't really know. Just started using it after 70 hours + and it doesn't sound midcentric to me.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #742 of 33,689
A lot of people said that the tennmak improved after burn in. I didn't try my tennmak pro long enough(only a few songs) out of the box so I don't really know. Just started using it after 70 hours + and it doesn't sound midcentric to me.

Maybe depends on source. Right now they are running straight out of my Fiio M3. They've only had JLabs burn in test the past 24hrs. About to throw them on music, Drum and Breaks station on Spotify. Maybe they aren't really midcentric, but I don't find the mids reccesed. Elevated bass may give that impression though. Midrange has a ton of detail to my ears without being harsh or shouty

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #743 of 33,689
Maybe depends on source. Right now they are running straight out of my Fiio M3. They've only had JLabs burn in test the past 24hrs. About to throw them on music, Drum and Breaks station on Spotify. Maybe they aren't really midcentric, but I don't find the mids reccesed. Elevated bass may give that impression though. Midrange has a ton of detail to my ears without being harsh or shouty

Midrange can be detailed but still recessed. In fact, my favorite IEM for mids, the Pisces BA, has the mids recessed behind the treble. That doesn't mean that they are smudgey, just that they are less loud than the treble.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #744 of 33,689

Yes, they are really detailed. Tho I used different tips, did the bass port mod, and the upgrade cable(maybe just expectation bias on the cable or placebo) to reduced the mids bass bump.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #745 of 33,689
Midrange can be detailed but still recessed. In fact, my favorite IEM for mids, the Pisces BA, has the mids recessed behind the treble. That doesn't mean that they are smudgey, just that they are less loud than the treble.

Personally I feel the mids are in front of the highs, not by much but enough. Bette 10mm I find the mids behind the treble

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #746 of 33,689
Yes, they are really detailed. Tho I used different tips, did the bass port mod, and the upgrade cable(maybe just expectation bias on the cable or placebo) to reduced the mids bass bump.

Just put on my stock cable from my banned iems and might be placebo but I swear it gained a bit of clarity and the soundstage got wider. Gonna try the silver plated 4 core I have on those iems

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #748 of 33,689
Sep 29, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #749 of 33,689
Here

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32726602233.html?aff_click_id=6bbc0eca5ff14f8c8bc3dd19a44f8ded-1474024513174-00332-FM3F2FmYn&aff_platform=y

Users who are viewing this thread

Back