Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 26, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #601 of 33,689
**** 4in1 impressions:

- WOOF are these hot on the treble. Like, pierce your eardrums with a sewing needle hot. 
- Sub-bass, not bad but it seems like everything after 20hz up to 200 is lacking. No worries about any sort of midbass hump here. 
- Switching to narrow bore tips (Trinity Kombi) helped tame some of the highs.
- After 30 hours of burning the sibilance I heard initially seems to have disappeared.
- Soundstage is above average, but sound is still "inside of the head" 
- I find myself constantly fiddling with the volume level. Usually due to too much sizzle in the treble on various tracks or not enough bass on others.
- With the cable included from NiceHCK these are a little harder to drive than the usual IEM. I'm up around 45-60 on my LG V10. Most IEMs I'm never above 40 or 45 on the volume.
- Acapella music is fantastic with these. I hear overtones that other headphones don't accurately reproduce.
- Dance Music just isn't any fun with these. I need more bass. 
- Rock...OUCH. I couldn't do it. The hi-hat and crash cymbals about sent me through the ceiling.
- Jazz...nice...very nice.
- Detail, instrument separation, aural texture, all are way above what I would expect for headphones that cost less than $30.

The **** 4in1 has all of the detail and treble of the Vivo XE800 without being so shouty in the mids.

Overall, if you aren't a bass head, and you can deal with some serious treble, I doubt you'll find a better headphone for you right now. If someone could take the clarity and detail of these, and match them with the bass and relaxed nature of the TFZ Series 5, I would have my end game IEM.

Is that volume level with the HIFI Amp trick or just regular HIFI DAC? Regular DAC I can't be less than 65/70 out of the 75. HIFI Amp I'm good with where it starts about 40-45.

Note that isn't for the 4in1. It's in general

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #602 of 33,689
  **** 4in1 impressions:

- WOOF are these hot on the treble. Like, pierce your eardrums with a sewing needle hot. 
- Sub-bass, not bad but it seems like everything after 20hz up to 200 is lacking. No worries about any sort of midbass hump here. 
- After 30 hours of burning the sibilance I heard initially seems to have disappeared.
- I find myself constantly fiddling with the volume level. Usually due to too much sizzle in the treble on various tracks or not enough bass on others.
- With the cable included from NiceHCK these are a little harder to drive than the usual IEM. I'm up around 45-60 on my LG V10. Most IEMs I'm never above 40 or 45 on the volume.
- Acapella music is fantastic with these. I hear overtones that other headphones don't accurately reproduce.
- Rock...OUCH. I couldn't do it. The hi-hat and crash cymbals about sent me through the ceiling.
- Detail, instrument separation, aural texture, all are way above what I would expect for headphones that cost less than $30.

The **** 4in1 has all of the detail and treble of the Vivo XE800 without being so shouty in the mids.

Overall, if you aren't a bass head, and you can deal with some serious treble, I doubt you'll find a better headphone for you right now. If someone could take the clarity and detail of these, and match them with the bass and relaxed nature of the TFZ Series 5, I would have my end game IEM.

So the 4in1 are on the same tier as the vivo xe800?

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #603 of 33,689
**** 4in1 impressions:

Might want to check your source. I tried these in my receiver and they were hottttt. Out of my dap they were niiiice.

These things have some pretty nice impact a d rumble. Wouldnt really recommend them to someone who likes a neutral sig.

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #604 of 33,689
Is that volume level with the HIFI Amp trick or just regular HIFI DAC? Regular DAC I can't be less than 65/70 out of the 75. HIFI Amp I'm good with where it starts about 40-45.

Note that isn't for the 4in1. It's in general

That's with the hifi DAC. Sorry, I just assumed that everyone rolled with that turned on. My fault.

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #605 of 33,689
Might want to check your source. I tried these in my receiver and they were hottttt. Out of my dap they were niiiice.

These things have some pretty nice impact a d rumble. Wouldnt really recommend them to someone who likes a neutral sig.

I don't know that it's the source. The LG V10 is pretty capable.

There's definitely rumble, but it's all subbass, once you get out of 20-30hz there's not much there. Mind you, I like the bass of the TFZ line, so I'm not necessarily a bass head, but I do like a lot of oomph on the low range.

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #607 of 33,689
My wallet hurts again, thanks head-fi!
After an extended absence of buying new IEMs for the past months I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger.
Vivo XE800 was a no-brainer for me. I hope that I would really enjoy the fit as my VSD1S were my favorites, especially the moving nozzles. Also I have never tried the GR07, despite the fact that they ticked all the boxes.
So now I'm wondering if KZ ZS3 are also a worth buy for ~$8

I just purchased my third pair. They are very much worth the 8 dollars and then some. Clear detailed sound, Great instrument placement and imagery. Strong well controlled bass with no bleed over. For the money you won't find better IMO...

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #608 of 33,689
I don't know that it's the source. The LG V10 is pretty capable.

There's definitely rumble, but it's all subbass, once you get out of 20-30hz there's not much there. Mind you, I like the bass of the TFZ line, so I'm not necessarily a bass head, but I do like a lot of oomph on the low range.

I feel you.  I thought my receiver had a pretty nice sound but these IEMs hated it. 

True.  The bass does seem to fade away when its higher up the freq curve.

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #609 of 33,689
Sorry, but what's the Celeste?
FLC Celeste by FLC who made the famous FLC8S

So the 4in1  couldn't get a position in your rating list :cold_sweat::sob:
yeap in all honesty, the truth hurts but the 4 in 1, I dont rate it but its better than xe800 at least.

Price wise yes. Performance wise, IMHO they're not even close. The **** is well above the xe800 in bang for the buck.
yeah this is true. Dont know why the xe800 has such a great status due to the massive hype.

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #610 of 33,689
I just purchased my third pair. They are very much worth the 8 dollars and then some. Clear detailed sound, Great instrument placement and imagery. Strong well controlled bass with no bleed over. For the money you won't find better IMO...

I believe that I could like them, I have some thoughts on the cable but I can bear it if the sound is right. As I own and enjoy KZ ATE I don't know if they could be an upgrade or sidegrade, (At the same time I'm eyeing the ATR since they cost almost nothing and could be a possible replacement when/if ATE die)

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #611 of 33,689
That's with the hifi DAC. Sorry, I just assumed that everyone rolled with that turned on. My fault.

No, there is a trick where when you plug in a headphone Extender then your headphones and it tricks it into thinking it's an AUX and uses the HIFI amp for more power. Same happens when plugging in 50ohm and higher gear straight into the jack

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #614 of 33,689
Yes, I have the hifi everywhere hack enabled.

Nope. Still different. Plug in an AUX cable and it will say AUX like in my pic, normal headphone will say Normal Audi Device HIFI. You can also achieve this by plugging in a headphone Extender first then connecting your headphone to that.

Now this pic below is directly connecting my AKG 7xx which are over 50ohm. Either way you enable a HIFI amp on top of the HIFI DAC. You get a ton of power.

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #615 of 33,689
  My XE800 arrived today. The fit is very good and this iem is very comfortable to wear. After initial listening and A/B against other IEMs and full size headphone, i am left underwhelmed. Technically, this IEM offers better clarity than the cheaper KZ IEMs, but there is something artificial in the tonality. Vocal is not natural sounding and is worse than some of the cheaper iems.

Compared to full sized can like XPT100, which is a clone of Fischer FA-003, sound is inferior in almost every department, most noticeably in sound separation and tonality.

That's unfortunate. Could you share the link where you got them?

yeap i have been saying the xe800 is severely hyped. very mediocre sounding for the price, better off with havi b3! glad that you r extremely honest in your views

I'll stand by my opinion that I find the XE800 very good, not only for the price. But as always, this is my opinion based on my preference.
Also the XE800 is $18 and the Havi B3 $46,55. Not exactly the same league in this budget segment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back