Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 20, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #122 of 33,689
Sep 20, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #124 of 33,689
Classified information.

If I told you I'd have to kill you. Jkjk

I Google searched tfz series 7 and looked at images

I did the same thing, guess we just have to wait until they start showing up on AliEx or some of the other Chinese sights
wink_face.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #125 of 33,689
How about this KZ ZST, anyone have you bough it recently?
Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/n67ZrMZr

Bought it yesterday will compare to TFZ series 1 original when I get it and burn for 20 hours. Closest competition I have price wise, that and Piston 2.1. Maybe a three way shoot out? 

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #126 of 33,689
  Have those as well as KZ's new 2 pin silver plated cable ordered, even ordered one of those new snazzy silver KZ cases
wink_face.gif
I'm sure it will be next month before I can post my impressions but I'm used to the slow boat
rolleyes.gif

Link for the cable please, looks like it could be the weak link with the angled plug. Thanks. 

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #127 of 33,689
  Link for the cable please, looks like it could be the weak link with the angled plug. Thanks. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-KZ-Cable-0-75mm-2-Pin-Upgraded-Plated-Silver-Cable-2-PIN-Upgrade-Cable-Ues/32731735090.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.307.R4BBnc

beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #129 of 33,689
That's the ZS3 cable.
ZST is here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-KZ-ZST-Dedicated-Cable-0-75mm-2-Pin-Upgraded-Plated-Silver-Cable-2-PIN/1825606_32738979652.html

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #132 of 33,689
  That's the ZS3 cable.
ZST is here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-KZ-ZST-Dedicated-Cable-0-75mm-2-Pin-Upgraded-Plated-Silver-Cable-2-PIN/1825606_32738979652.html

THX Ewen, my fault Bob, I have both ordered and just pulled up the first one I saw from my past order
redface.gif
Outside of the angled connector they look pretty close to the same cable
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #134 of 33,689
Looking forward to it Vince, I cut a lot of boomy out with my Auvio's. I love the Series one but found no need to go with the 3 or 5 after reading many comments they all sounded very close in SS, then I fell for the hype on the 1S and to me they are not as nice sounding as my series 1's:xf_eek: However they do work well when operating lawn gear:wink_face:

:beerchug:

I believe you said it in PM but what was different about the two? I have the 1S and while it's good, something about the forward midrange sounds artificial or trying too hard to me

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #135 of 33,689

Hey Pastapipo from Tweakers. Man what a bummer after i ordered the VE monks everybody is raving about the TY Hi Z. I hope I won't miss the bass from the monks.

Hello Majin, nice to see you here too
beerchug.gif
. You need to upgrade your profile so I can admire your collection!

Bass is plenty, imo. I found the Hi Zs too bassy for my tastes.

Quote:
  Thanks for the suggestion. They seem to be pretty similar in looks to the Monks. Is there a review up for these babies?

Monk Plus, Good musical sound, big soundstage, thick mids, good tight bass punch also good imaging, but lacks extreme clarity, separation and resolution of that piston 2. But a keeper and using it double thin foam, different foams different sound.  
TY HIZ 32, bloated bass like or slow bass then monk, much more sub bass, decent mids and great soundstage, similar clarity but monk are smother, lacks imaging of monks, also resolution of pistons 2 but i think its the earbud problem.

Hmmm, I am not an earbud guy, they are just not comfortable for me. The mediocre fit in my ears may therefore cause some bass leakage, which may explain why my impressions differ from yours. Likewise. the monks were very bass light to my ears, while others find them balanced.
Maybe I should just stick to IEMs and Headphones instead of earbuds. 
gs1000.gif

I learned last night that a bump in bass via EQ can make the Vivo XE800 neutral instead of analytic/bright.  I know there were some others who recently bought them that weren't happy with their sound sig and would suggest playing with EQing the bass because they're quite good neutral earphones with some adjustment. 

I wrote a few lines about boosting the bass of the Vivo a few weeks back. EQ does the trick, but I prefer the use of a warm source like an iBasso D2/Dragonfly 1.5 since not all apps support EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back