Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 20, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #91 of 33,689
Agree on the power of EQ, disagree about the part about ears not being different. Try getting in my shoes for a day--you release a shiny new EQ profile based on tuning a pair of earphones with your own ears to perfection, then someone complains that the profile took away all his bass. Well yeah you did purposely scoop out lots of midbass to clean up the sound. So you redo a custom profile for that someone, adding back almost all the midbass you took away as well as lots of subbass you have no use for, to the tune of almost 10dB. "Well is it any good?" "Yeah I added a bit more bass and now it's my favorite profile!"
blink.gif

Interesting; I'd still argue that what you're describing seems more like a preference than an anatomical difference, though.  Maybe the person had damaged hearing?  I'm saying that if you went to an audiologist's office and asked them to do a tone test on 100 people, the differences in ability to hear test tones across the spectrum would be small across a sample of folks with normal hearing. 

I had a Porta Corda back in the day!  Ironically, I think I bought it trying to coax bass out of a pair of Shure E4Cs instead of just using EQ.   

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #92 of 33,689
Agree on the power of EQ, disagree about the part about ears not being different. Try getting in my shoes for a day--you release a shiny new EQ profile based on tuning a pair of earphones with your own ears to perfection, then someone complains that the profile took away all his bass. Well yeah you did purposely scoop out lots of midbass to clean up the sound. So you redo a custom profile for that someone, adding back almost all the midbass you took away as well as lots of subbass you have no use for, to the tune of almost 10dB. "Well is it any good?" "Yeah I added a bit more bass and now it's my favorite profile!" :blink:

Whatever , I just love the way eq enabled me to tuned till to my liking .
Personally , I can't live with my genres of music without eq .
But having said that , not all eq , players I had experience with give me satisfactory results .
I don't get very good results with onkyo and neuron . No matter how hard I try with them , I couldn't get satisfactory out of them .
That also the same for me with those countless of apps player with their in build eq .

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #93 of 33,689
Shoot! I don't even need a DAP but I just ordered.
Got me with USB DAC, Apt-X & $6 seller discount.
Didn't even finish reading item description!
Bad thread! Bad thread!
:)

I hope you wont be disappointed with your snappy decision (purchase)......This looks so nice than the nano 6g like M1,which has fully occupied screen in the front.And its also interesting how hidizs come up with an ultra-portable dap that fits everyone's budget (pocket too :wink: ) with most of the bells and whistles what the normal size daps have. I will wait for my plastic card to regain its strength while I wait for some impressions on these.The rich looking 3.5mm out golden ring is also worth mentioning.

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #94 of 33,689
For my experience of using EQ setting, some standard IEMs even used with EQ there sound still worst.
Such as single dynamic drive due to high pitching treble from the EQs can't solve at all.
So if the good IEM to used with EQ should be helps much airy sound to suit for personal reference

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #95 of 33,689
For my experience of using EQ setting, some standard IEMs even used with EQ there sound still worst.
Such as single dynamic drive due to high pitching treble from the EQs can't solve at all.
So if the good IEM to used with EQ should be helps much airy sound to suit for personal reference

Yes I second that , but to be very frank , I didn't got that luxury of being Having own a large collection of various iem , headphones to do a better comparison .
But fortunately , those iem which I owned currently, china made single dynamic , or America made hybrid all amazingly react well to my various of preferred eq settings I had thrown at them .
All across my various collection genre of music , English , Chinese , Cantonese songs , live , acoustic , studio band and many others as well .
I couldn't enjoying them without having eq ing out of them

I'm a eq worshipper , believer too .

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #96 of 33,689
Yes I second that , but to be very frank , I didn't got that luxury of being Having own a large collection of various iem , headphones to do a better comparison .
But fortunately , those iem which I owned , china made or America made currently all amazingly react well to my various of preferred eq settings I had thrown at them .

I have nothing against EQ, it's just that I use different sources, which can't easily be EQ'd in a uniform manner, so if I can do without it it's better..

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #97 of 33,689
But fortunately , those iem which I owned currently, china made single dynamic , or America made hybrid all amazingly react well to my various of preferred eq settings I had thrown at them .
All across my various collection genre of music , English , Chinese , Cantonese songs , live , acoustic , studio band and many others as well .
I couldn't enjoying them without having eq ing out of them

Yes I was agreed with you too.
EQs just like professional tuning in the studio, would be quite for fun when adjusted from EQd to tunes as your own sounds.

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #98 of 33,689
So whos next in line to test another high end chinese headphone? Someone get the 12BA eternal for $721 and report back :wink:

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #99 of 33,689
I have nothing against EQ, it's just that I use different sources, which can't easily be EQ'd in a uniform manner, so if I can do without it it's better..

Well bro , it's a open discussion , a healthy one , no one has against anything , personally I say it's just personal preference really , if one could enjoy or could live without having to eq hell of it , then it's good , like wise if one could enjoy the music having to eq a hell out of it , good for him too .
We're all in the same shoes in search of our liking .

Even if the entire world love eq , that doesn't mean I have to follow them to love eq , if we find that enjoyment experience with our setup , go ahead to enjoy it .
Can't be bothered about what others think of what we're enjoying with our stuff .

It's always good to keep sharing and post personal experiences , and it's good to know that there's ppl out there enjoying music without the help of eq , but I couldn't live without eq ha

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #100 of 33,689
Brand new thread - a continuation of the old one (which was locked because it started getting out of hand).

Original thread - http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs

Rules

1. Please acquaint yourselves with the Head-Fi posting guidelines - http://www.head-fi.org/a/posting-guidelines
  2. The majority of the discussion in this thread is likely to center around budget to mid-range IEMs, so please don't come here suggesting to people that they should be buying TOTL instead. The posters here are here for a reason (looking for the best value for money to come out of China/Asia)
  3. Be respectful of everyone's right to have an opinion, and realise it may differ with your own
  4. Be careful with claims of fact - realise many of them are actually subjective opinion
  5. Try not to hype things up too much - be realistic
  6. If you find you are getting too intense in your discussions (if things are getting heated) - step away from the keyboard for a while, do something else (listen to some music!), and come back with new perspective at a later time.
  7. If there are issues, don't add to them by getting into big debates - report the offending post, and don't reply and escalate (please)

Above all enjoy sharing your finds.

Excellent decision,

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #102 of 33,689
Yes I was agreed with you too.
EQs just like professional tuning in the studio, would be quite for fun when adjusted from EQd to tunes as your own sounds.

I still yet to demo that 2 dd 2 ba martian , I hope to have a go with them soon before Chinese New year in jan .

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #104 of 33,689
I have a Chinese earphone with me today, the TFZ series one.

It's a little boomy and bassy but overall not too shabby.

Review will be up soon.

Looking forward to it Vince, I cut a lot of boomy out with my Auvio's. I love the Series one but found no need to go with the 3 or 5 after reading many comments they all sounded very close in SS, then I fell for the hype on the 1S and to me they are not as nice sounding as my series 1's
redface.gif
However they do work well when operating lawn gear
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back