Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 20, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #108 of 33,689
How about this KZ ZST, anyone have you bough it recently?
Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/n67ZrMZr

Have those as well as KZ's new 2 pin silver plated cable ordered, even ordered one of those new snazzy silver KZ cases
wink_face.gif
I'm sure it will be next month before I can post my impressions but I'm used to the slow boat
rolleyes.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #109 of 33,689
The TFZ really aren't far off in terms of sound signature. The higher the number, the less bass there is.

I find the Series 5 to be the best of the bunch. They have a very high end sound to my ears.

You were my # 1 instigator out here buddy and you are trying to be coy with this one but I'm very happy with my 1's and to be honest I think that ring on the face plate makes the 5 ugly (OK, nobody flame me as I am a slightly visual person and that's just how me/myself and I feel about them)
wink_face.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #112 of 33,689
  Thanks for the suggestion. They seem to be pretty similar in looks to the Monks. Is there a review up for these babies?

I actually posted a mini-review on them, but all my reviews are mostly in the old Chinese thread.
redface.gif

Ok so here we are in the thread reactivation! :smiley: one general remark to some of you boys: "music has charms to soothe the savage breast" so go and listen more! :smiley:

waiting for kz zst and, in the meantime, for more 1clearhead's impressions :smiley:

@fonkepala monks are a must-have, 4in1 seem to be great so yeah why not, as for KZ, wait for reviews of kz zst and then choose your model

Unfortunately, the KZ ZST hasn't improved much with 2 more days to go. For example, on the first day, the soundstage was wide and gave me plenty of hope, MIDS and vocals were sounding pretty forward and realistic, while bass impact was promising. But, from 2nd to 3rd day the sound quality was becoming more mediocre and disturbing; more like artificial and grainy, especially the lower MIDS with the treble rolling-off just a bit too much. So far, I don't see them surpassing KZ's Top models like the ZS3, ATE, ED9, or ED11....and others not mentioned. This is just my personal observation, so far. Others may differ against my results because of their own personal taste and preference.

So far.....

PROS:
Wide soundstage, MIDS and vocals are forward and realistic, plus the bass impact is quite good.

CONS:
Sounds artificial and grainy at times, especially the lower MIDS with the treble rolling-off just a bit too much.

OTHER RESULTS:
Tried many tips for better results, but comply tips seems to work the best.

....This is all I have so far. I'll continue testing for at least 2 more days until my final results.

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #113 of 33,689
I'm not twisting your arm, brother.

You gotta say though, seldom have I steered you in the wrong direction...

Me never, my wallet though
eek.gif
LOL A 7, say what I mean where?

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #116 of 33,689

Ooh, Goldfish (Silver in this case) for the ear
bigsmile_face.gif
What's with the triple stack at the MMCX? Insertion grip? Now I got to go shopping, are these Hybrid's? Why am I asking, I'm sitting at my keyboard
rolleyes.gif

I stand corrected, they are Silver Whales
beerchug.gif

Now we can have a WHALE of a good time
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #117 of 33,689

Hmm depends what kind of music you listen to and what kind of sound signature you prefer. Whats end game for one can be boring for another. I am going to be honest and say that no the dolphins don't go toe to toe to TOTL flagships costing thousand dollars or more, but thats just it though. You are getting pretty darn close for a fraction of the cost :)  I have seen too many chinese iems being branded end game only to be torn apart when new toy syndrome wears off and others get their hands on it. So I am electing to be a bit more cautious in that regard.

Having said all that, the Dolphin's performance is definitely quite a bit beyond what its price would suggest. IMO and IME you would have to spend quite a bit more to get something better (I am talking about similar sound signatures here). 

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #118 of 33,689
Hmm, this shot leads me to believe the housings on the Series 7 are all plastic
frown.gif

Not that would be the end of the world but metal would really bring them up a notch IMO
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back