Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 10, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #27,361 of 33,689
All you guys need to exercise a little self restraint. I might start a business, Headfi Anonymous. You come to me anonymously, I counsel you, you send me all your
IEMs and gear and I whittle it down to just ONE piece of gear in each category and send it back. For every new piece you buy, you replace the one you have with it and send it to me.
How's that sound? :wink:
I volunteer as co-founder :)

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #27,362 of 33,689
All you guys need to exercise a little self restraint. I might start a business, Headfi Anonymous. You come to me anonymously, I counsel you, you send me all your
IEMs and gear and I whittle it down to just ONE piece of gear in each category and send it back. For every new piece you buy, you replace the one you have with it and send it to me.
How's that sound? :wink:

That is a very well thought out plan. You might need to rent a truck and collect ours. I cannot carry it all the way to the post office.

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #27,363 of 33,689
I worry about this also... particularly with a couple of my daps that are known to have issues with the jacks. Some people buy short little extension leads to keep in the amp... sometimes called socket savers.

That's an interesting device, the socket saver. U got any link for it?
And does it in any way degrade the audio quality?

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #27,364 of 33,689
That's an interesting device, the socket saver. U got any link for it?
And does it in any way degrade the audio quality?

The one I have is discontinued but I will share a photo of what I am talking about. I was using this for a different reason. One of my daps did not like one of my iems that had a mic so this allowed it to just connect as though there was no mic. Later I found a setting that fixed the issue. I have another one similar to this that I do keep on my desk amp. It is a 6.35mm plug into the amp with 3.5mm socket for my iems and buds and headphones that use 3.5mm. I remove it for the rare headphone that only has a 6.35mm plug. I like having the short length of cable rather than just a solid adapter because I think there is less stress on the jack. I don't worry about sound degradation. I would rather not drive myself crazy with those thoughts.

515swgrjDYL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #27,365 of 33,689
Haha I cannot stick to 2 hours in a row with the same IEM. When a different music genre or different mood hits me, I have to whip out a different IEM that suits the situation. =(
I hope I don't spoil my amp's jack with the frequent IEM changes.

You guys are so lucky to have spouses that love your audio gear. My wife nags me to clear the CHIFI clutter. She sometimes uses my IEMs as paper weights =(

i used to be like that, listening sessions with more than one earphones on the table, keeps swapping and comparing to find different nuances in the mix. now I'm trying to limit it to one and just enjoy a full album or two. it's hard at first, but it's less frantic and more calming session :ksc75smile:

I worry about this also... particularly with a couple of my daps that are known to have issues with the jacks. Some people buy short little extension leads to keep in the amp... sometimes called socket savers.

I nag about the dinning room table all the time. I don't think the table ... and all the chairs... should be stacked with daps, iems, etc. Some people actually eat at their tables. We have not ordered Chinese food in a long time because it would take too long to clear the table. We did clear it in March just before my daughter visited from the States.... and then she proceeded to clutter it... lol.
Seriously though, clutter actually does depress me and something needs to change.

I could horrify you all by attaching a photo...

maybe it's time to invite Marie Kondo to the house? :dt880smile::dt880smile:

but honestly, a picture of piling audio gears won't horrify a Headfi members.. i think it would be more like a motivational nudge!

Oct 10, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #27,366 of 33,689
i used to be like that, listening sessions with more than one earphones on the table, keeps swapping and comparing to find different nuances in the mix. now I'm trying to limit it to one and just enjoy a full album or two. it's hard at first, but it's less frantic and more calming session :ksc75smile:

maybe it's time to invite Marie Kondo to the house? :dt880smile::dt880smile:

but honestly, a picture of piling audio gears won't horrify a Headfi members.. i think it would be more like a motivational nudge!

I would have to make it neater first:)

If I listened to Marie Kondo I would still have the audio gear and lots of stuffed animals and clocks but I would have almost no clothes. Nothing gives me "joy" when I clothes shop.

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #27,367 of 33,689
Wrong thread but does anyone know if planar headphones are affected by the magnets that are used for attaching the Antlion Modmic?

Oct 10, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #27,368 of 33,689
Oct 10, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #27,369 of 33,689
I would have to make it neater first:)

If I listened to Marie Kondo I would still have the audio gear and lots of stuffed animals and clocks but I would have almost no clothes. Nothing gives me "joy" when I clothes shop.

Agreed, I get rid of the audio gear that doesn't give me joy (unless I can't sell it). Hardly anything else gives me joy to be honest.

You and panda have a gear list that I'm sure most of us are both extremely jealous of and conversely makes us point to you and say, "SEE, at least I don't have THAT big of a problem!".

As a side note, my gear list is getting to the point where it can no longer exist in my signature.... Soon it will need a link. And also, I genuinely need it to keep inventory of what I have rather than JUST to brag and/or let people know what my reference points are.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #27,371 of 33,689
Oct 10, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #27,372 of 33,689
Where does drop ship their product from? is it the US? Can I contact them and tell them to write lower price on the package since my country charges an absurd amount of tax from it? If I buy the Thieaudio Phantom will they ship it right away or do I have to wait weeks before they even send it away?

https://drop.com/buy/thieaudio-phantom-planar-magnetic-headphones

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #27,374 of 33,689
Unfortunately Drop will not alter price on the package
Rip cuz then it will cost me around 400 usd which is more than aliexpress and linsoul. On that note does linsoul alter price on packages?

Oct 10, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #27,375 of 33,689
Rip cuz then it will cost me around 400 usd which is more than aliexpress and linsoul. On that note does linsoul alter price on packages?
You realize that you are repeatedly asking if company X will falsify customs records ?

In a very public forum

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back