Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 12, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #27,391 of 33,689
Here are actual quotes from BLON BL-03 reviews regarding the stock cable.

"Detachable 3.5 mm stock cable - not too ergonomic for most headfiers and myself. It tends to yank the IEM out of the ear, so a cable change is strongly advised"
"The stock tips and cables were not optimal IMHO."
"Indeed if you didn't give up with the BLON BL-03's stock tips and cables department, a magical experience will be revealed with your persistence!"
"The stock cable also is not too optimal for the BLON BL-03 as it is stiff and tends to yank the IEM out of the ears."
"If you would put in the effort to tiproll and get another aftermarket cable, you will be rewarded with it's magical coherent sound signature."
"So-so cable"
"you need longer tips, you can change the cable too, isolation is avarage"
"Cables are not great"
"The cable is too tightly coiled over the ears with a heatshrink that is on the thick side that gets uncomfortable for me (with glasses). Others reported the ear hook rotating the earphones out of their seal."

Obviously not everyone likes the stock cables.
What are some good inexpensive alternatives?

Oct 12, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #27,392 of 33,689
I read the reviews here...
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/blon-bl-03.23894/reviews
...and many of the reviewers complained about the stock cable.
For hopefully a better cable, I care about comfort, sound quality, and of course, price.

the only thing that's a bit finicky about the stock cable for me is the plastic guide tubing being too rounded, but that only a bit of a hassle when putting it on. when it's on, it's very comfortable, at least for my ears. if it's still a hassle, just reshape the tubing with heat, or remove it. other aspect of it (cable material, jack, connector, etc) i think it's a good cable. soundwise (if you believe that sort of thing) , i like the Blon sound with thinner cable/less braids, so the stock cable is good for me.

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #27,393 of 33,689
I think I might get a Blon BL-03 for 11/11.
What is a very inexpensive and comfortable cable to replace the crappy stock cable?
(A link or what words to search for would be nice.)
To get an idea of how cheap I am, I like this cable for my KZ ES4:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32981135983.html
Thanks!

I don't think the stock cable is crappy, but the stock tips is different story.

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #27,394 of 33,689
me too. I just find that stock cable isn't great but what do you expect from a $30 set? they are very usable actually, just some of us want thicker cable, or inner material preference cable (be it copper, silver plated, pure silver, gold silver, etc) and of course fancy look.
Just buy the BLON first, you can buy the cable later on.

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #27,395 of 33,689
me too. I just find that stock cable isn't great but what do you expect from a $30 set? they are very usable actually, just some of us want thicker cable, or inner material preference cable (be it copper, silver plated, pure silver, gold silver, etc) and of course fancy look.
Just buy the BLON first, you can buy the cable later on.

Or better yet, make it wireless ;P

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #27,396 of 33,689
It's not a great cable, but it's useable. It's on par with the trn cable that came with the v20 imo. Lightweight and comfortable. My main beef is that there is no cinch. I like those.

The tips are horrible though. Same tips that came with ep10. I never throw tips in the trash can, but I threw them away. They were useless on ep10, and they were useless here. Auvio tips work great here for me.

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #27,397 of 33,689

Most .78 2-pin will work, some more elegantly than others.

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #27,398 of 33,689
Here are actual quotes from BLON BL-03 reviews regarding the stock cable.

"Detachable 3.5 mm stock cable - not too ergonomic for most headfiers and myself. It tends to yank the IEM out of the ear, so a cable change is strongly advised"
"The stock tips and cables were not optimal IMHO."
"Indeed if you didn't give up with the BLON BL-03's stock tips and cables department, a magical experience will be revealed with your persistence!"
"The stock cable also is not too optimal for the BLON BL-03 as it is stiff and tends to yank the IEM out of the ears."
"If you would put in the effort to tiproll and get another aftermarket cable, you will be rewarded with it's magical coherent sound signature."
"So-so cable"
"you need longer tips, you can change the cable too, isolation is avarage"
"Cables are not great"
"The cable is too tightly coiled over the ears with a heatshrink that is on the thick side that gets uncomfortable for me (with glasses). Others reported the ear hook rotating the earphones out of their seal."

I use a cheap $13 8-core copper cable. Any cheap 8-core cable will do.

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #27,399 of 33,689
Oct 13, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #27,400 of 33,689
Oct 13, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #27,401 of 33,689
Oct 13, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #27,402 of 33,689
But a BT wire on the eymotic and you will know why :)

but i do that all the time :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

20190627_100204-01.jpeg

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #27,403 of 33,689
Oct 13, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #27,404 of 33,689
Thank you!
I'll do some research later and see if I can find something suitable.
Look into NiceHCK 8 core copper...about £8 and always decent

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #27,405 of 33,689
So, I decided to get a second pair of BLON BL03 in "gun metal" instead of the CNT1, which I can live without. They are just blowing me away as an IEM with a single DD driver per side! I haven't heard a single DD unit that can compare to the BL03 for such a rediculously low price!...It is insane!

In my personal experience, this has been an interesting month for me:

BLON BL03: Outstanding dynamic drivers that has no business in such a low price range!

CCA C12: Somebody got it right at this company! Incredible sonic-like sound signature with great balance and details!

LZ A6mini: The true essence of what micro-details suppose to truly sound like!

Magaosi DQ4: Finely, a tuning switch that really makes sense!

-Clear

Hi, Clear
I see you have both BL03 and LZ A6mini
Would you care to make a comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back