Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 18, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #26,491 of 33,689
I give all the credit to @peter123, they are really a steal for the A6mini version at such a low price! :beerchug:

One of my colleagues in our Shanghai office will buy one for me to pick up the next time I go there. If it's even close to the full featured A6 original it'll be perfect for use when out and about for that price :wink:

Sep 18, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #26,492 of 33,689
One of my colleagues in our Shanghai office will buy one for me to pick up the next time I go there. If it's even close to the full featured A6 original it'll be perfect for use when out and about for that price :wink:
Will be waiting for your impressions! I'm hoping to get it at 11/11

Sep 18, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #26,493 of 33,689
Will be waiting for your impressions! I'm hoping to get it at 11/11

I will most likely get my pair a few days before that the way things looks right now.

Sep 18, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #26,494 of 33,689
I'm really curious about the mini too, and would love it as a travel/beater iem, if it's similar to the A6. My main concern is the lack of the 4 BA's, as the mids and treble on the A6 are my favorite part, and that's what the BA's are responsible for. I'm skeptical that they can replicate those frequencies without the BA's. I look forward to your thoughts on them Peter!

Sep 18, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #26,495 of 33,689
Is there anyone that has the PeacockAudio P1 and the Audiosense T800? Are their sizes similar? judging by pictures they seem to have the same form at least.

Sep 18, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #26,496 of 33,689
I’m not joining any more hype trains....until this one comes out. NF Audio single Dynamic. Sounded great to my ears and under $200 (said the guy at the audio show). Liked it better than the Kanas’s tuned towards their flagship. Warm lush with detail. And...it was very pretty. Don’t know what it’s called, don’t know when it’ll come out. Don’t know much...but I know I looove you!!!! Sung with giant mole on head.

Looking forward to the NA1 as well.

^ Called the NA1 :) I read less than 1000Yuan so that is $141 as of today. Seems like it is at the Spring 1 $130-ish but what will that be for domestic and higher on Ali and Penon and such?? We'll see :)

I'm liking the color of the DK-2001... Just don't need that big adapt a plug. Hope there is a standard cable version.

I think it was on preorder for 899 CNY and retail is 999 CNY --- good price regardless.

I think they're going full force with that modular plug. I have suggested to them that they provide an option for a standard cable, but ultimately it is not my opinion that matters, but the Chinese audiophiles', and they want modularity.

Sep 18, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #26,497 of 33,689
I'm really curious about the mini too, and would love it as a travel/beater iem, if it's similar to the A6. My main concern is the lack of the 4 BA's, as the mids and treble on the A6 are my favorite part, and that's what the BA's are responsible for. I'm skeptical that they can replicate those frequencies without the BA's. I look forward to your thoughts on them Peter!

Hey,
May I ask what your favorite setting is for the MaGaosi DQ4?

I unexpectedly got one today :wink:

They sure look beautiful:

20190918_173608.jpg
20190918_173803.jpg
20190918_173733.jpg

Sep 18, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #26,498 of 33,689
Hey,

Where did you get it from and how? Lol I am in AE hell right now over those things. I ordered em a month ago, and they are still not shipped as they don't exist and no stock remains, but hey we keep your money until Nov2.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #26,499 of 33,689
Hey,

Congrats! You are the proud owner of No.0097 :beerchug:

Yours looks like "piano black". ...Nice!

Here are my favorite tuning...

4 OPTION TUNING SWITCH:
Magaosi DQ4
1. High Resolution :point_left: Third favorite
2. Enhanced Low Frequency :point_left: Fourth favorite
3. Enhanced Voice :point_left: Second favorite
4. Enhanced Sense of Atmosphere :point_left: My favorite

-Clear

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #26,500 of 33,689
Where did you get it from and how? Lol I am in AE hell right now over those things. I ordered em a month ago, and they are still not shipped as they don't exist and no stock remains, but hey we keep your money until Nov2.

They're a review unit from Penon Audio.

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #26,501 of 33,689
Congrats! You are the proud owner of No.0097 :beerchug:

Yours looks like "piano black". ...Nice!

Here are my favorite tuning...

4 OPTION TUNING SWITCH:
Magaosi DQ4
1. High Resolution :point_left: Third favorite
2. Enhanced Low Frequency :point_left: Fourth favorite
3. Enhanced Voice :point_left: Second favorite
4. Enhanced Sense of Atmosphere :point_left: My favorite

-Clear

Thanks for sharing!

I've spent the whole day with the A6 in my ears at work today so when I first put the DQ4 in my ears they sounded a bit weird to me. They sure are very different sounding from each other.

After a first extremely short listening to each setting I settled on the High resolution mode so will move on from there :)

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #26,502 of 33,689
Hey,

Congrats Peter, I hope you like them! I listen to them in high resolution mode. They're VERY tip dependant and also a little bit tricky to get the perfect fit. I really, really liked them until I got the A6, but now it's hard to give them much ear time. The A6 changed the game for me, lol.

Sep 18, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #26,503 of 33,689
Hey,

I got one few days ago. Couldn't get used to the form / fit somewhat and the cable. Besides that, the sound was nothing phenomenal, both my P1 and KXXS sounded better to my ears. Ended up selling these at less than 1/2 of the price. Someone else will enjoy them :)

Sep 18, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #26,504 of 33,689
Thanks for sharing!

I've spent the whole day with the A6 in my ears at work today so when I first put the DQ4 in my ears they sounded a bit weird to me. They sure are very different sounding from each other.

After a first extremely short listening to each setting I settled on the High resolution mode so will move on from there :)
Give them some time to burn in and get them settled. They really are well made especially in the tuning department, which does a pretty good job in setting different tuning moods. I still use them occasionally besides having many others in my possession. I think these are quite good and competitive for their price, a Magaosi product well done, IMHO.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #26,505 of 33,689
Is there anyone that has the PeacockAudio P1 and the Audiosense T800? Are their sizes similar? judging by pictures they seem to have the same form at least.
I see you buy alotnof low fi mid fi stuff why not get a totl instead of 10 iems you are not happy whit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back