Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 18, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #26,521 of 33,689
Guys I ordered the Audiosense T800 per your recommendation from AE. Wanted a high level of detail, similar to Andromeda. Can't wait for them to arrive, to listen to my first Chinese IEM. Thanks for all the recommendations again!

I think that I've read somewhere that if it does not cost similar to Andromeda, it can't sound similar by the law of proper profits:ksc75smile:

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #26,522 of 33,689
I think that I've read somewhere that if it does not cost similar to Andromeda, it can't sound similar by the law of proper profits:ksc75smile:
I think they call that astell and kerns law...

Sep 18, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #26,523 of 33,689
Now ranked (outright/bang for buck)
IEM - Sennheiser IE60 (2/4)- Blon BL03(1/2) - Semkarch CNT-1 (5/6)- Tin T2 (3/3)- KZ ZS10 (8/8) - TRN V80 (7/7)- KZ ED9 (6/5) - Blon BL01 (4/1) Unrated as yet - KBear F1 (generic) - ****
On Ear - Hifiman HE400i (1/1)- AKG K702 (2/2)- Mitchell and Johnson MJ1(3/4)- Sennheiser.
I don't understand your signatures iem rating system. :frowning2: Outright?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #26,524 of 33,689
Yeah. As in if all of the IEMs were exactly the same price. Purely judged on quality and fit etc. Example - I consider the BL-03 to be the best I own. The BL01 is not so good as the 03, the Senn or the Tin, but at less than half the price of any of the others it's downright amazing. The F1 and **** I've not listened to enough to judge yet.

Sep 19, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #26,525 of 33,689
I see you buy alotnof low fi mid fi stuff why not get a totl instead of 10 iems you are not happy whit
Along with everything else the others have said, I am also too afraid to use a single expensive iem. If that one dies then its going to hurt my wallet but with cheap iems if they die I will not feel like that.

Sep 19, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #26,526 of 33,689
Along with everything else the others have said, I am also too afraid to use a single expensive iem. If that one dies then its going to hurt my wallet but with cheap iems if they die I will not feel like that.
It sounds like you are paranoid. :wink: I have never had an earphone or headphone die on me.

Does your T800 just sit in the closet then? That's $400 in my country and would be considered expensive.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #26,527 of 33,689
It's easy to lose them or whatever. And in the days when fixed cable was the norm breakage could be a problem too. I got the KZ because taking 100+ worth of Sennheiser out worried me. (I've lost or had stolen a few pairs of cx400 in the past). The rest is history.

Sep 19, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #26,528 of 33,689

Thats why my expensive iems are stay at home, while I keep playing on budget section in order to have on the go iem with best sounding for the price without that paranoid feeling.

Sep 19, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #26,529 of 33,689
Listening to Moondrop KXXS with the BL and the sub bass is tickling my brains literally :D
KXXS paired with a non lizt up-occ pure copper cable... blacker background really helps.

Sep 19, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #26,530 of 33,689
It sounds like you are paranoid. :wink: I have never had an earphone or headphone die on me.

Does your T800 just sit in the closet then? That's $400 in my country and would be considered expensive.
I use T800 when I feel like it, switching around depending on the mood. And also I owned xiaomi piston 2, hybrids gen 1 and gen 2 and all of them died. With no sound through one ear

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #26,531 of 33,689

I've only been back in the hobby for about 3 years now and I've had 4 sets die on me in that time. 3 out of the 4 were 2-pin, one was mmcx, and ALL had to do with cable connections in one way or another....

I use my TOTL stuff only when I'm MOSTLY stationary as a result. If you have a TOTL pair die, it becomes an ordeal.... Especially shipping overseas.

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #26,532 of 33,689
Listening to Moondrop KXXS with the BL and the sub bass is tickling my brains literally :D
KXXS paired with a non lizt up-occ pure copper cable... blacker background really helps.

Sounds great, how does it compare to your king pro in bass ability?

I'm trying to figure out what current basshead set to buy in the midfi chifi category right now. Kxxs, tfz no3, tfz King ltd, and the non modern sony ex800st are all on my list.

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #26,533 of 33,689
Sounds great, how does it compare to your king pro in bass ability?

I'm trying to figure out what current basshead set to buy in the midfi chifi category right now. Kxxs, tfz no3, tfz King ltd, and the non modern sony ex800st are all on my list.

I don't have the others, but TFZ No. 3 is one level short of true basshead levels (in quantity of bass). Nevertheless, it has very good timbre and quality (great decay and movement of air). There is a slight midbass bleed, some people don't like it, but I feel it adds a bit of warmth to the lower mids and makes the music more full.

Sep 19, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #26,534 of 33,689
I don't have the others, but TFZ No. 3 is one level short of true basshead levels (in quantity of bass). Nevertheless, it has very good timbre and quality (great decay and movement of air). There is a slight midbass bleed, some people don't like it, but I feel it adds a bit of warmth to the lower mids and makes the music more full.
Have the No.3 and KXXS and can definitely say that the No.3 has better bass, maybe the same in quality but not in quantity (be it with EQ or not)

Sep 19, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #26,535 of 33,689
Hmmmm. Thanks, that sounds a lot like the tfz E5. I wish tfz would be a little better with their descriptions in English to help me figure out the right set of their current line. I don't mind using EQ and their sets always take it just fine... Midbass bleed generally bothers me but I can also EQ that away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back