1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. Slater
    No, the one you posted is the Queen Love Maxi My Prince 3.

This is the King Garden Pro Plus Exclusive Mini 2:

1F58591F-7F81-4774-982F-D1F39B66EBCC.jpeg

Notice the emphasis on ‘Mini’, as opposed to the non-mini version.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. jant71
    No, that is the Koss KDE251 Limited.

HungryPanda, DBaldock9 and Slater like this.
  3. redrol
    Mark my words. Guideray GR-i is gonna be popular if people realize how good it is.

Light - Man likes this.
  4. Slater
    The shell looks very much like a TRN IM2. I wonder if TRN helped make it?

9253506F-80DB-4D3C-87C5-810CEF2251D9.jpeg
    2FAD4488-6AC2-44FE-BAB5-B8B8BBCC2B58.jpeg

Light - Man likes this.
  5. lgcubana
    the Nicehck, C16-3 16 Cores High Purity Copper Cable, w/NX7 termination is a perfect fit for the TFZ No. 3
    (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000129870705.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.428d4c4dwB5IhH)

I posted pics in the TFZ thread

6. Slater
    I actually stumbled upon that the other day while looking at cables on Aliexpress. It’s the only 3rd party cable that’s fully compatible with the TFZ connector that I’m aware of!

7. redrol
    3 Hours later, haven't pulled the Guiderays out of my ears. These are the real deal. If I paid $250 for these I wouldn't be disappointed. The tuning is just right for my tastes.

8. baskingshark
    It looks really elegant. But I saw from some initial reviews that the lower treble is a bit harsh, u find it so on your pair?
    I'm not really a fan of the lower treble/upper mid peak, which seems to be a common tuning signature in CHIFI IEMs.

Light - Man likes this.
  9. DynamicEars
    same boat with you, because of harman target is peak on 3khz, but some follow harman target with modification, additional dip right on around 3khz, this type of signature suits me well.

baskingshark likes this.
  10. Otto Motor
    Stop the gardening! Real men and women use Blons.

Blon BL-03 Review .jpg

zachmal, CoiL, mbwilson111 and 3 others like this.
  11. Slater
    Supposedly, the reason that so much of ChiFi is tuned with elevated upper midrange is that Chinese audiophiles prefer this.

zachmal and baskingshark like this.
  12. lgcubana
    It would be interesting (and probably humbling) to find out what the ratio is between sales in China vs. world, for IEMs.

Slater, zachmal and baskingshark like this.
  13. baskingshark
    Actually i had some audiophile friends and earphone shopkeepers tell me these budget CHIFI companies purposely tune up the upper mid range to give an increased percieved amount of details.

I personally think that may be true for the earlier KZs like KZ6 but lately the CHIFI tuning is getting better in terms of details without needing to resort to this.
    Yeah i guess u are right about their local consumers preferring a bright upper midrange.

Slater, Otto Motor and DynamicEars like this.
  14. DynamicEars
    if 3khz boost = following harman target
    if 4khz boost = to perceive "fake details & clarity

i prefer a bit dip on 3khz section, a lot of TOTL iems company do this

15. loomisjohnson
    did the discovery thread just get closed?