1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. RikudouGoku
    Have the No.3 and KXXS and can definitely say that the No.3 has better bass, maybe the same in quality but not in quantity (be it with EQ or not)

baskingshark and SciOC like this.
  2. SciOC
    Hmmmm. Thanks, that sounds a lot like the tfz E5. I wish tfz would be a little better with their descriptions in English to help me figure out the right set of their current line. I don't mind using EQ and their sets always take it just fine... Midbass bleed generally bothers me but I can also EQ that away.

baskingshark likes this.
  3. baskingshark
    The TFZ line up is the most confusing of the CHIFI IEMs to me. Up to now I still dunno how they come up with their naming convention.
    There's TFZ King Ltd, King Pro, Exclusive King, King II, King III, King updated version?
    There's TFZ My Love Edition, My Love II, My Love III, My Love 2019, not to mention all the TFZ Series (which have subset special editions).

But I saw reviews in the dedicated TFZ thread that the TFZ T2 Galaxy is more basshead than the TFZ No.3.
    Whatever the case, no matter what they name their IEMs, the TFZ lineup generally has superbly tuned bass.

4. RikudouGoku
    Although I really hate the cables they use and the fact that you can not get a better cable to fit in perfectly, they will always stick up a bit and it is really annoying.

baskingshark likes this.
  5. baskingshark
    Yeah the TFZs have their own semi propetiary cable connector on their IEM, such that KZ para C and JC Ally cables cannot fit.
    I use para B type cables on them, they definitely stick up a bit though.

RikudouGoku and SciOC like this.
  6. superuser1
    I wouldn't really call either of them basshead.. i think the King Pro has tighter bass but an overall leaner presentation compared with the kxxs

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    SciOC likes this.
  7. SciOC
    I use the para A cables and just hope for a tight fit on tfz. I much prefer mmcx cables because of all the variation with 2 pin stuff and my experience with them loosening over time. Such a pain. The worst are the occasional 2-pin sets with the little notch (isine20 comes to mind).

baskingshark likes this.
  8. Slater
    I’m convinced that they use a TFZ random name generator:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cca-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.900149/page-79#post-15161029

9. SciOC
    They just need to have someone who speaks English evaluate the sets and provide a real English name. Something is being lost in translation.

I've been following them since the S5 and it's always completely random. Don't forget about their wireless air king. The new queen set is out too.

Slater and baskingshark like this.
  10. RikudouGoku
    I like mmcx cables for their simplicity, to not have to look if its compatible or not is so good. BUT I hate that you can spin them it is annyoing like reaaaaaaallllyyyy annoying.

baskingshark and zachmal like this.
  11. baskingshark
    I like MMCX connectors for their easy compatibility too, but from feedback from others, it seems they ain't as durable compared to 2 pin connectors?

12. SciOC
    I think if you're constantly swapping cables (connecting and reconnecting) that may be true but I think they're much better for durability if you move around a lot. They don't bend/flex/loosen like 2 pin. That's my personal experience at least. I've had a lot of 2 pin connectors get looser over time on the IEM itself....

RikudouGoku and baskingshark like this.
  13. Slater
    Oh, I haven’t forgot about those.

Or the new King Garden Pro Plus Exclusive Mini 2 coming out! Haha

HungryPanda and Ziggomatic like this.
  14. redrol
    GuideRay GR-i Series.

My review: VERY Good for $50. Probably my favorite cheapish IEM ever.

Bass: well extended, textured, great!
    mids, full, warm but not excessive, great vocals and texture
    treble, extended pretty perfectly for enjoyment, not sharp or harsh or sibilant at all. winner!

Soundstage. Great, better than most and less than some. Overall, I'd give it a medium soundstage which is impressive for the price. By this I mean sounds seem to come from outside your head, somewhere out in front of you.

fit/finish, way better than $50 should be. The cable is holy crap nice actually. They are light and fit perfectly. Whats not to love!

[edit] Do I like them more than the KZ 'terminators' ZSX YEP. Much more. They just have a better tuning for my ears.
    IMG_20190919_165242.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  15. jant71
    That's this one right?
    upload_2019-9-19_19-8-32.png

zr0dfx and HungryPanda like this.