Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 16, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #26,401 of 33,689
Side question, did you get your DB3 yet? Thoughts?

I did and I have had it burning in at my desktop for a couple of days. Because the C12 arrived one day later I have not had much chance to listen to the DB3. So, I have only listened to a few songs but it sounded great to me. That is all I can say for now. I have not even used it yet with any of my daps.

... and THAT is the problem with ordering multiple iems.

...plus a few earbuds....

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #26,402 of 33,689
Yep. A lot of my gear probably isn't even fully burnt in. I listen to a few tracks (the usual ones I use to assess) and then often put them to one side. I would particularly struggle to describe the sound of a TRN V80 as there is always something new, or just more impressive. Yet more arrives this week...

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #26,403 of 33,689
Yep. A lot of my gear probably isn't even fully burnt in. I listen to a few tracks (the usual ones I use to assess) and then often put them to one side. I would particularly struggle to describe the sound of a TRN V80 as there is always something new, or just more impressive. Yet more arrives this week...

What is wrong with us? LOL

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #26,405 of 33,689
I can't bear the thought that I am missing out on some ridiculously good moon on a stick £15 IEM that sounds like a £1000 IEM made of solid unobtanium and tuned by God himself (other deities available. Terms and conditions apply.)

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #26,406 of 33,689
I can't bear the thought that I am missing out on some ridiculously good moon on a stick £15 IEM that sounds like a £1000 IEM made of solid unobtanium and tuned by God himself (other deities available. Terms and conditions apply.)
Yep, I'm back here after my hiatus of listening to expensive gear. My impatience got the better of me since I really want them to have some time to perfect the IEM estat drivers that just came out. I figure I can bide my time with chifi until a suitably tuned set comes out for me, or chifi completely dominates. I'm totally happy with my r6 pro, fearless S8f, RHA cl2 for now, as my expensive gear I use for comparison.

If I can make it to December on those and chifi for variety,I can start dipping into next year's budget then rather than now.

Maybe I won't spend my yearly budget by the 1st of the year this year....

Right now I'm focused on finding a cheap bass cannon, with the bl03 and db3 being suitable candidates! Addiction is fun!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #26,407 of 33,689
The downside of course being the 1000s I've spent on audio gear over the last 25 years, the culmination of which being that I am listening to music right now using a mobile phone and £10.26 worth of IEM.

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #26,408 of 33,689
The downside of course being the 1000s I've spent on audio gear over the last 25 years, the culmination of which being that I am listening to music right now using a mobile phone and £10.26 worth of IEM.
Its all the same waste of time when it comes down to it. Wasting time is all there's ever been, so why be monogamous with audio gear?

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #26,410 of 33,689
something something MH755

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #26,411 of 33,689
To stop wasting not only your time but also your money for things that you don't need
To what end? It's ALL a waste of time.
Purpose is a construct of humanity. In the end is there really a difference between listening to a $15 IEM, which is one of 20 pairs you own, on your phone versus one $1000 pair on a high end DAP if it makes you the same amount of happy/occupied?

That's my way of saying I just ordered the db3 as well because the grocery list was shorter than I expected.

Does it ever feel like a waste to actually burn in a $10-$20 pair to anyone else? It's taking up valuable burn in space.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #26,412 of 33,689
something something MH755

Are these as good as the hype suggests? I'm eager to try them but worried about the billion fakes out there. How do they compare to what I already have?

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #26,413 of 33,689
Does it ever feel like a waste to actually burn in a $10-$20 pair to anyone else? It's taking up valuable burn in space.

It does. :) It’s a thrill to order an exotic looking / sounding IEM beauty, especially a cheap one, but it’s also a relief to let her go... and free up some space, limit our listening choices only to the best we already have.

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #26,414 of 33,689
Are these as good as the hype suggests? I'm eager to try them but worried about the billion fakes out there. How do they compare to what I already have?
I bought a pair from seller Kanoya on eBay as well as a recabled set here on Head-Fi. Their technicalities are solid, with great timbre, fully extended sub bass and no fatiguing treble spikes. The Blons (BL-03) are a pretty decent comparison but the Sonys are even smoother. For me the MH755 comfort isn't amazing unless you can wear them over-ear, and I have microphonic issues. And they ironically require quite a bit of juice even though they usually come with a little Bluetooth player. But I think everyone should have that type of budget benchmark in their collection.

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #26,415 of 33,689
It does. :) It’s a thrill to order an exotic looking / sounding IEM beauty, especially a cheap one, but it’s also a relief to let her go... and free up some space, limit our listening choices only to the best we already have.

...and here I sit enjoying Leonard Cohen with an $8 earbud ( NiceHCK B40) attached to mr Zishan DSD.

Some of you know how good this is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back