1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. mbwilson111
    Of course this is the correct answer.

2. SciOC
    Yeah. I just thought to myself, hey, I need to order some kz starlines because I'm running out of good ones so I'll stop on by this thread to see what's going on.

Spent $70 plus very likely $65 more for those tri i4's.... It adds up, but at least you get a lot of stuff.

Side question, did you get your DB3 yet? Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  3. mbwilson111
    I did and I have had it burning in at my desktop for a couple of days. Because the C12 arrived one day later I have not had much chance to listen to the DB3. So, I have only listened to a few songs but it sounded great to me. That is all I can say for now. I have not even used it yet with any of my daps.

... and THAT is the problem with ordering multiple iems.

...plus a few earbuds....

George Taylor, HungryPanda and SciOC like this.
  4. Tonymac136
    Yep. A lot of my gear probably isn't even fully burnt in. I listen to a few tracks (the usual ones I use to assess) and then often put them to one side. I would particularly struggle to describe the sound of a TRN V80 as there is always something new, or just more impressive. Yet more arrives this week...

SciOC likes this.
  5. mbwilson111

What is wrong with us? LOL

HungryPanda and SciOC like this.
  6. FastAndClean
    it is called addiction

ShakyJake, 1clearhead, KevDzn and 3 others like this.
  7. Tonymac136
    I can't bear the thought that I am missing out on some ridiculously good moon on a stick £15 IEM that sounds like a £1000 IEM made of solid unobtanium and tuned by God himself (other deities available. Terms and conditions apply.)

8. SciOC
    Yep, I'm back here after my hiatus of listening to expensive gear. My impatience got the better of me since I really want them to have some time to perfect the IEM estat drivers that just came out. I figure I can bide my time with chifi until a suitably tuned set comes out for me, or chifi completely dominates. I'm totally happy with my r6 pro, fearless S8f, RHA cl2 for now, as my expensive gear I use for comparison.

If I can make it to December on those and chifi for variety,I can start dipping into next year's budget then rather than now.

Maybe I won't spend my yearly budget by the 1st of the year this year....

Right now I'm focused on finding a cheap bass cannon, with the bl03 and db3 being suitable candidates! Addiction is fun!

9. Tonymac136
    The downside of course being the 1000s I've spent on audio gear over the last 25 years, the culmination of which being that I am listening to music right now using a mobile phone and £10.26 worth of IEM.

jibberish likes this.
  10. SciOC
    Its all the same waste of time when it comes down to it. Wasting time is all there's ever been, so why be monogamous with audio gear?

11. FastAndClean
    To stop wasting not only your time but also your money for things that you don't need

12. steviewonderbread
    something something MH755

Slater likes this.
  13. SciOC
    To what end? It's ALL a waste of time.
    Purpose is a construct of humanity. In the end is there really a difference between listening to a $15 IEM, which is one of 20 pairs you own, on your phone versus one $1000 pair on a high end DAP if it makes you the same amount of happy/occupied?

That's my way of saying I just ordered the db3 as well because the grocery list was shorter than I expected.

Does it ever feel like a waste to actually burn in a $10-$20 pair to anyone else? It's taking up valuable burn in space.

14. Tonymac136
    Are these as good as the hype suggests? I'm eager to try them but worried about the billion fakes out there. How do they compare to what I already have?

15. lazner
    It does. :) It’s a thrill to order an exotic looking / sounding IEM beauty, especially a cheap one, but it’s also a relief to let her go... and free up some space, limit our listening choices only to the best we already have.

Viajero and SciOC like this.