1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. steviewonderbread
    I bought a pair from seller Kanoya on eBay as well as a recabled set here on Head-Fi. Their technicalities are solid, with great timbre, fully extended sub bass and no fatiguing treble spikes. The Blons (BL-03) are a pretty decent comparison but the Sonys are even smoother. For me the MH755 comfort isn't amazing unless you can wear them over-ear, and I have microphonic issues. And they ironically require quite a bit of juice even though they usually come with a little Bluetooth player. But I think everyone should have that type of budget benchmark in their collection.

Viajero likes this.
  2. mbwilson111
    ...and here I sit enjoying Leonard Cohen with an $8 earbud ( NiceHCK B40) attached to mr Zishan DSD.

Some of you know how good this is.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Pablovi, jibberish, ozziecook and 2 others like this.
  3. Tonymac136
    Absolutely. Which is why I now have a pair coming from Kanoya to supplement my KZ ED9, Blon BL-01, and incoming KZ EDR1. Super budget ChiFi showdown time.

4. lazner
    It must sound pretty good. It’s awesome a good SQ became affordable.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  5. mbwilson111
    It helps to have good music:)

ShakyJake and peter123 like this.
  6. lazner
    Absolutely. Just wanted to say the same thing,

mbwilson111 likes this.
  7. lazner
    Chinese IEM noob’s question: Is there an IEM from China that is comparable to Andromeda in SQ?

8. Makahl
    "Budget" I'd say Audiosense T800 (there are some comparisons to CA Andromeda on Audiosense's thread btw) then you have TOTL qdc offerings that seem solid as well but pricier.
    https://crinacle.com/ranking-list/

9. lazner
    Cool. Thanks a lot! Might give the T800 a try.

10. Slater
    There is no spoon. We’re all living in the Matrix anyways lol

696BB96F-1C9F-4100-AC6B-8D83044E4C67.jpeg

11. snip3r77
    I read from audiosense thread that a lot of tweaking are required
    Cables , filters etc

Also be careful of such list . Most of it is inaccurate

lazner likes this.
  12. Cevisi
    No there are no tweaks needed its good to go if you are not treble sensitiv

13. lazner
    Thanks a lot guys for the recommendations. I will try to listen to Audiosense T800 or possibly Fearless Audio Roland. Should be very good with the electrostatic drivers, probably exceeding Andromedas in SQ, while matching them in price.

14. Slater
    Nah, that stuff isn’t required. It’s just basic tweaking, like putting upgrade cables or tip rolling KZs etc.

When used with a quality source, they sound awesome as-is.

Of course, if someone is treble sensitive or not used to sensitive/highly resolving IEMs they might not like them.

ShakyJake, Luis1316, zachmal and 2 others like this.
  15. ozziecook
    Plenty. It’s a question of what you believe and how much you can separate reality from hype. Don’t put too much faith in graphs and other’s opinions.
    But a better question would be is there an iem from China that is as enjoyable (or more so).

mbwilson111, SoundChoice and lazner like this.