1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. snip3r77
    There’s a chance also that after buying X number of chifi , we might be better off buying just a branded Y iem.

lazner likes this.
  2. DynamicEars
    I agree. There are good chifis, there are bad chifis. Same with branded iems, there are good ones, there are bad ones (aka overprice ones)

3. SciOC
    Fearless s6rui and S8f are both better than standard issue Andromeda in my opinion. I don't know if I'd jump on the Roland bandwagon yet, the S8f is a very solid IEM. If you MUST have that dynamic driver bass impact and the latest tech, then go ahead, but I don't think the sounds signature is very similar to the Andromeda like the s6 or s8 is.

zachmal and lazner like this.
  4. lazner
    Cool, thanks for another suggestion to my Chinese IEM exploration list.

5. baskingshark
    Hi this is my amateur review on the Hisenior B5+ IEM: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hisenior-b5.23688/reviews#review-22637

TL;DR - it is a very midcentric IEM, so it is excellent for vocals, acoustic, jazz genres (which are the usual genres I listen to). Basshead and trebleheads stay away (unless you wanna consider EQ). EDM lovers also won't enjoy it I feel. If you know what genres and sound signature this IEM shines with, then it is worth a punt.

6. DynamicEars
    believe it or not, every your description about iems more or less are match my impressions, and you have honest unbiased review. Keep it up! B5+ is more like the BA version (or more expensive version) of tinaudio T2.

baskingshark and SoundChoice like this.
  7. ozziecook
    Of course. There are no guarantees in anything. Including the fact that a branded iem is any better. Or even if it is, that you’re search for the holy grail is over.

The sad fact is, most people here don’t stop at one branded IEM any more than a cheap Chinese one.
    Look at the amount of times you see an Andromeda for sale, or any other equivalently priced Iem, and you’re left wondering if this hobby is less about the music or finding the ‘best’ iem/SQ and more about the process, the obsession and the discussion. Which of course is fine (if you can afford it and you accept you’re hooked into something else entirely).

I could tell you of two IEMs I have that to me sound as good as, or better than, any £1000 plus IEMs I’ve heard/owned, but it would be pointless. You probably wouldn’t agree and It would take the fun away wouldn’t it? :wink:

8. DynamicEars
    very true!

I have to admit, sometimes i cant stop listening to the iems, not to the music, obsession to listen to what these iems can offer, where is the strength point, what is their cons, how is the soundstage etc, more like busy auditioning rather than enjoying the music and always found something missing. Its an addiction.

9. FastAndClean
    Great review, I love my B5+, it is so musical and cozy sounding, so rare those days, the interesting thing is that my HQ10 sound very similar, even fuller and with more bass but will be congested for some

HungryPanda and baskingshark like this.
  10. baskingshark
    Thanks for your recommendation on the Hisenior B5+, I got it based on yours and @loomisjohnson 's reviews. It's a keeper for me. I can understand that others who have different music preferences/genres may not like it though.

FastAndClean likes this.
  11. SoundChoice
    Given it’s good for mids (vocals) and has good isolation, will it be your new go-to for stage?

baskingshark likes this.
  12. Pablovi
    Yeah, this hobby is not about music at all. It’s about gear.

If it were about music you’d buy the best you can afford and be done with it, for years, until it dies, or some new technology comes out, etc...

I’m not an audiophile, I like music, and I like good sound quality, but I’m going to spend what I can and I’m willing to spend, not a penny more, that’s why I like to try budget gear, like this ChiFi IEMs, Yeah, maybe some other IEM sound better, but not at a price I can afford and I’m willing to spend.

Yeah, I bought a very expensive DAP Sony NW-WM1A, but I bought it because it was cheaper here, about half the price new. But just because I bought that, I’m not going to start spending $500+ USD to get “better” IEMs, when the ones I’ve got are enough for me. I don’t get the need to buy something “better” all the time.

I haven’t bought audio equipment in 9 years till a week ago. And the one I’ve got form 2010 is a budget home system, I’ve got the least expensive Rotel pre-amp combo(RB06-RC06), the second least expensive B&W monitors 685, the cheapest at the time Music server and cd ripper in one, Olive 03HD($1,000 USD), and the most expensive thing is my turntable Music Hall MMF-5.1 SE (€1,500). And I haven’t changed that in 9 years, and don’t plan to, until it stops working.

I bought the DAP and the IEMs, because I resurrected my old Minidisc, and I love it, I think the SQ is enough for me, and I love to record to it, not just transfer music, but record, in real time, but carrying around 10-20 discs is not ideal, so I begun searching for a portable player, I was going to buy a regular Sony A55, or wait for the Sony A105, but reading I learned the WM1A was much better than my iPhone 8+, unlike the other 2, and since it was $640 USD, I bought it. And then I have people telling me those IEMs won’t be good enough for the DAP.

ozziecook and Light - Man like this.
  13. Tonymac136
    Possible but in my experience not true. My Sennheiser IE60 cost about the same as all my other IEMs put together. My Blon BL-03 are just downright better than the Senns, but also my BL-01s (better treble and better resolved if smaller soundstage), T2 (better treble and more detail) and Semkarch (better bass) all have characteristics that are an improvement on the Senns. Given the choice of selling those 4 or the Senn it would be a no brainer.

That's not to say that I'm touting the Senn as the best cheapish branded IEM, I'm sure there are far better for the £100 ish that they now cost. But the brand isn't a guarantee of a great sound, any more than a noname Chinese IEM for a quarter of the price is guaranteed to be terrible.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  14. baskingshark
    Pray tell, what are these 2 holy grail IEMs that are as good as a 1K IEM???
    You've perked my curosity!! No doubt our music preferences and hearing are subjective, but I'm nevertheless very interested in your opinion and impressions!

15. LaughMoreDaily
    What hatched first NiceHCK EP10 or Blon BL01?

Which is better?

baskingshark likes this.