Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 6, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #25,276 of 33,689
Looks interesting, thanks. I'll read a few reviews and maybe give it a shot.

I'm mainly looking for in-ears that have that typical universal IEM shape that fits nicely inside the ear and provides a secure fit when I'm flailing about on stage. Anything in that vein? I'd love something that's like a (significantly) cheaper SE425.
try the nicehck bro (also branded as **** ues)

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #25,277 of 33,689
I use the KZ ZS10 Pro occasionally for stage monitoring, and though it is V shaped rather than the neutral signature that u prefer, I find it quite good for this purpose.
It has good isolation, is comfortable, cheap (~35 USD), good separation of instruments and details.

Ahaha, I ordered a pair of ZS10 Pro about 2 minutes before your post. This just makes me feel glad I ordered them :).

I'm a bit wary of V signatures for actual monitoring, but if you say they're nice and clear I'll definitely give em a shot for stage use.

Thank you!

try the nicehck bro (also branded as **** ues)

That's got to be the worst name for a product ever... and so ugly with the big "BRO" scrawled across the shells. But the UE S is twice as expensive - why is that?

I'll definitely check 'em out though - if necessary I'll cover up the BRO with black paint :p. Big thanks to you also!

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #25,278 of 33,689
Ahaha, I ordered a pair of ZS10 Pro about 2 minutes before your post. This just makes me feel glad I ordered them :).

I'm a bit wary of V signatures for actual monitoring, but if you say they're nice and clear I'll definitely give em a shot for stage use.

Thank you!

Ya V shaped signature is not fully ideal for stage monitoring, but you can always EQ while monitoring anyway. And I would say that even though the mids are recessed, they are still quite detailed.

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #25,279 of 33,689
Got my Tennmak Trio today and they're good for what I paid ($28). Had them on for 10hrs and OOTB they have V shaped signature (black filters) which can be tweaked to mild V (default filters) and bright V shaped (red filters) signature by using filters.

Bass - Fast+punchy (with all three filters)but lacks sub-bass depth with red filters.
Highs - sweet but slightly rolled off. Perfect for treble sensitive folks
Mids - This is where the filters come into play as they only alter mids presentation which inturn changes the perception.

White - veiled but with decent presentation. Good for listening EDM where mids aren't that prominent

Black - more veiled than whites and at times make IEM sound dark/cold. Good for those who like such signatures

Red - bright and forward sounding. There's a shimmer to mids and lower highs which make IEMs sound bright. This is closest to neutral Trios can get.

Imaging - It is decent but not something that you can compare to KB100 which are my best imaging IEMs in this price bracket.

Soundstage - Wide but lacks depth. Perfect for casual listeners

Changeable faceplates add to cosmetics and are fun for those who prefer pretty IEMs

Overall, these IEMs are balanced but filters can alter signature as per one's convenience.

These are my impressions and not at all an analytical review and others may perceive it differently. Stock whirlwind tips were used and this was tested both wired+wireless via stock cable and TRN BT20S via my Redmi K20 Pro also known as Mi 9T Pro in Europe.

Bottom line - If someone asks me for a customisable IEM under $50 with detachable cables I'd recommend them if they prefer v-shape signature. Although, KZ ED9 will still be budget kings for IEMs with filters.

Will compare them later with Semkarch CNT1 which are enroute as well.

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #25,280 of 33,689
That's got to be the worst name for a product ever... and so ugly with the big "BRO" scrawled across the shells. But the **** UE S is twice as expensive - why is that?

I'll definitely check 'em out though - if necessary I'll cover up the BRO with black paint :p. Big thanks to you also!

7CE9BFF0-1963-45E8-91BD-8D2417DF5C9C.jpeg

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #25,282 of 33,689
OK, that's 4 IEMs in the mail total - should be enough to get me started. Thanks guys!

U have only reached the entrance of the rabbit hole. There's no going back.

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #25,283 of 33,689
Look what just arrived from Amazon!
IMG_20190806_164535.jpg

BLON BL-03, KZ ZS10 Pro, TRI i4 and TRN 16 core 2 pin cable. I'm going to be busy!

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #25,286 of 33,689
Aug 6, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #25,287 of 33,689
share impressions, do it now
Soon! I had to change the cables on all of them and install Spiral Dots in the BLON BL-03. Very quick comparison: ZS10 Pro: not unlike ZS7 but brighter in top end, wide soundstage. BLON BL-03: great bass, softer mids and treble well balanced. TRI i4: very impressive detail more neutral but refined (Knowles!). They're all burning in now!

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #25,289 of 33,689
Look what just arrived from Amazon!

BLON BL-03, KZ ZS10 Pro, TRI i4 and TRN 16 core 2 pin cable. I'm going to be busy!
Enjoy! Looking forward to your impressions on the Blons.
BTW, some nice words on that box ...
Belief
Letmusicburn
Oppoty
Nevergiveup
Annotation
Music and Driams

Who on earth driamed that up?
Can't wait to receive my "custom made female sockets with nut holder", lol ...

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #25,290 of 33,689
Enjoy! Looking forward to your impressions on the Blons.
BTW, some nice words on that box ...
Belief
Letmusicburn
Oppoty
Nevergiveup
Annotation
Music and Driams

Who on earth driamed that up?
Can't wait to receive my "custom made female sockets with nut holder", lol ...
Yes, that Chinglish is very weird but amusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back