Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 5, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #25,246 of 33,689
Of course it is good to tell the truth. I think it just bothered me because you said her name and it seemed like you could just get whatever you want for free. Maybe I am just envious. Plus I am annoyed that the $10 thing did not work out last night.
There was an error on the KB-EAR website. The actual discount price of the I4 is 56 USD.

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #25,247 of 33,689
no she contacted me here and asked me for my email, she wrote me there with a link to her store, because i already read that the earphone is good sounding i asked for that particular model, it is a lot more fun for me to write a review for earphone that i like

ah... so you were part of that deal. I know she contacted others asking for their email... which is probably against headfi rules. There was no need for her to ask for email addresses. We certainly do not want any more stores to get in trouble with head fi.

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #25,248 of 33,689
Yeah I respect your reviews @FastAndClean, especially since you buy most of your stuff and are not afraid to sound out your genuine opinion even for free audio stuff from companies (at the expense of not getting another freebie in the future haha).

I do that for audio and smartphone ( especially smartphone ). If your opinion is argued and "objective" the companies are open to this critics. I know few person which s*ck companies and some companies joke with me if this person because they bring nothing for them and they don't search a guy which are totally negative. The positive reviews on battery for companies but if these reviews are are not very technical or other they just add visibilities.

For example for me, I don't do a lot of view but my very technical and objective review ( for French ) are really appreciate. So I can have more easily review of lot of smartphone even if I don't do a lot of view.

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #25,251 of 33,689
I partially agree, but i even know some reviewers who have many super expensive stuff and totl IEMs, ans they always judge cheap stuff as bad just because it sounds worse.
Many of em just do not see value/money, and this is a thing that we (little reviewers with <100$ stuff) see and appreciate, and we will sure remember where we started and never forget the price/quality ratio.

Then, I would 'tag' for myself that reviewer as not interesting (when looking to cheaper equipment at least). There's a lot of good reviewers around that own very good stuff but keep purchasing cheaper gear or have proper perspective to talk about cheap gear comparing it to the same price range. And is very important too to identify reviewers whose reviews match what you hear.

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #25,253 of 33,689
Then, I would 'tag' for myself that reviewer as not interesting (when looking to cheaper equipment at least). There's a lot of good reviewers around that own very good stuff but keep purchasing cheaper gear or have proper perspective to talk about cheap gear comparing it to the same price range. And is very important too to identify reviewers whose reviews match what you hear.
Y that's sure.
I super agree on the last part of your message as well.

Aug 5, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #25,254 of 33,689
Now that the reviewers that feel the need for it has stated that they only do the right thing (although many other reviewers don't) and the people who can't be bothered to do reviews has made clear that they don't trust reviewers maybe we can go back to talk about some gear again.....

I can start with these :wink:

20190728_191100.jpg
20190728_193504.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #25,255 of 33,689
Now that the reviewers that feel the need for it has stated that they only do the right thing (although many other reviewers don't) and the people who can't be bothered to do reviews has made clear that they don't trust reviewers maybe we can go back to talk about some gear again.....

Like if we were speaking abour cars or fishing stuff lol

Aug 5, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #25,256 of 33,689
Like if we were speaking abour cars or fishing stuff lol

No you were talking about others and yourself, I don't find either particularly interesting or relevant in this thread lol.

The car talk is four pages back lmao

Aug 5, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #25,257 of 33,689

Any indication as to what the PowerDac V2 is going to cost, once it hits AE ?

Aug 5, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #25,258 of 33,689

I'm still assessing Ivan's equipment and it is very good. Far superior to the expensive (imo) Audioquest offerings

Aug 5, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #25,259 of 33,689
I'm still assessing Ivan's equipment and it is very good. Far superior to the expensive (imo) Audioquest offerings

Yes, I like them a lot as well. I still haven't had time to play around with the app and presets but my initial impressions of the sound quality from the devices are very favorable.

Aug 5, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #25,260 of 33,689
Any indication as to what the PowerDac V2 is going to cost, once it hits AE ?

To my knowledge it's not 100% confirmed yet but by all indications less than $100. Web page says target price $50 but the way I understand it it depends on volume produced and final cost of all the parts (naturally) so it may be higher than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back