Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 5, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #25,261 of 33,689
This is why I have so many... I get curious... and I like music. Honestly, I could say my favorite is whatever is in my ears at the time.... as long as I am happily enjoying my music. I have seen some people say that a certain iem is not for enjoying music and that confuses me. What is the point if not to enjoy the music?

I have been told by a couple of people that my impressions don't count because I don't graph and measure.

HORSE HOCKEY!

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #25,262 of 33,689
HORSE HOCKEY!
horse_hockey_8tj3u.jpg

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #25,263 of 33,689
Especially once you start to see certain "reviewers" only give positive feedback and say no negatives. How can all these headphone be the "best value"?

Positive reviews are quite common. I try to post reviews that highlight some imperfections that are otherwise glossed over. One day, I’ll post a glowing review, and if that day ever comes, it would hopefully stand out from my baseline of pessimism, or be a signal that my account is hacked or I’m in duress. Cheers!

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #25,264 of 33,689
New kid "DIY" on the block...:yum:

I am trying a new DIY earphone, which I bought through taobao: BCD HIFI micro-drivers.

So, the story goes; A few weeks ago I received a head-fi email from an unknown member telling me that he's a reviewer from the Ukraine. He claims that the BCD HIFI can outperform many single dynamics in the lower price range and can compete with more expensive ones costing up to 1000. Now, he never mentions if it's in dollars, but I can only assume, since he knows I'm a reviewer from America, but living in China. For the price, they are "dirt-cheap" here in China only costing me 53 RMB ($7.67 US dollars)!
...They are not the loudest, but so far they outperformed most of my Chi-FI IEM's with an incredible balanced sound signature! :cry:...what?

Sub-bass: Incredible
Midrange: Clear and beautiful
Treble: Clearly detailed and clean
Soundstage: Awesome!

I will write a review on them maybe by next week...!

So far, the shirt clip, which comes in the package keeps the earphones from falling downward and does it justice...!

:point_left::smile:

Currently, for overseas purchase, I only found them on "Ebay". But, though the price is a little high, they are well worth it, IMHO!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Performance-Hifi-BCD-Earphones-/232970334653

:point_right: Thanks to Slater! He currently posted that they can be found here...
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/TWtrcwc

Finally, I actually thanked the guy from the Ukraine, but I haven't heard from him yet.

-Clear :ksc75smile:
i am beginning to like them . After a few days listening they seem to get a bit louder in volume and more pronounced ... and changing the eartips to ones from other IEMS seem to help in soundstage.
Is this correct?

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #25,266 of 33,689
i am beginning to like them . After a few days listening they seem to get a bit louder in volume and more pronounced ... and changing the eartips to ones from other IEMS seem to help in soundstage.
Is this correct?
Yup!...they definitely get better! In sound alone, they're well worth more than the asking price, IMHO!

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #25,267 of 33,689
No you were talking about others and yourself, I don't find either particularly interesting or relevant in this thread lol.

The car talk is four pages back lmao

Not gonna comment anymore
We were just speaking about reviewers in general, but someone always have to annoy others.

Let' go back to more interesting stuff then, sorry boss.

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #25,268 of 33,689
@crabdog are the tri i4 treble smooth and does it have good detail retrieval? And easy to drive? Is the soundstage average? Or bigger

Interested in this as well.
Should receive this at the end of august but cannot wait ahaha

Aug 6, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #25,269 of 33,689
Hey guys, what're the current go-to recommendations for NEUTRAL Chi-Fi IEMs? I have a CCA C10 and a cheap KS on order, and if they're decent I'd like to get something for actual live on-stage use (mostly guitar and vocals).

Up until now I've been using UE Super.Fi 3 Studios which sounded great to me on stage because they're super balanced and neutral - analytical rather than musical. Do you guys have any recommendations for me?

Price range is up to about $100, but cheaper is always better so I can buy tons of them and stash them everywhere as backups.

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #25,270 of 33,689
I've published review of the Blon BL-03 and KBEAR KB06 if someone is interested.

https://www.audio-monkeys.com

This is a new website that we'll keep improving, follow us if you're interested.

Aug 6, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #25,271 of 33,689
Aug 6, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #25,272 of 33,689
Cool stuff, but you're really aping on Glassmonkey's style; https://audioprimate.blog

He's been using that logo/theme for years...

Oops, didn't know about this website.
I have found this image on a free commercial images website for a temporary image
Seems like we should search for something else very fast :D

Thanks for this Scrambler!

Aug 6, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #25,273 of 33,689
Hey guys, what're the current go-to recommendations for NEUTRAL Chi-Fi IEMs? I have a CCA C10 and a cheap KS on order, and if they're decent I'd like to get something for actual live on-stage use (mostly guitar and vocals).

Up until now I've been using UE Super.Fi 3 Studios which sounded great to me on stage because they're super balanced and neutral - analytical rather than musical. Do you guys have any recommendations for me?

Price range is up to about $100, but cheaper is always better so I can buy tons of them and stash them everywhere as backups.

Tin Audio T2 ($45)

Aug 6, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #25,274 of 33,689
Looks interesting, thanks. I'll read a few reviews and maybe give it a shot.

I'm mainly looking for in-ears that have that typical universal IEM shape that fits nicely inside the ear and provides a secure fit when I'm flailing about on stage. Anything in that vein? I'd love something that's like a (significantly) cheaper SE425.

Aug 6, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #25,275 of 33,689
Looks interesting, thanks. I'll read a few reviews and maybe give it a shot.

I'm mainly looking for in-ears that have that typical universal IEM shape that fits nicely inside the ear and provides a secure fit when I'm flailing about on stage. Anything in that vein? I'd love something that's like a (significantly) cheaper SE425.

I use the KZ ZS10 Pro occasionally for stage monitoring, and though it is V shaped rather than the neutral signature that u prefer, I find it quite good for this purpose.
It has good isolation, is comfortable, cheap (~35 USD), good separation of instruments and details.
In fact, one of my band members bought a whole lot of the ZS10 Pro to gift the other members and most of us use it now.
It was my go to pair for stage monitoring until I got the Audiosense T800, which is on another level, but is way more expensive. But I still use the ZS10 Pro now and then and it hasn't let me down.
I don't own the SE425 but I have the westone W30, and the ZS10 Pro can give me about 80 - 90% of the sound quality of the W30 at 10x lesser cost.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back