Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 12, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #24,151 of 33,689
Yes, No.3/Ti sounds interesting. But @Hawaiibadboy seems to consider the Ti a waste of the extra money for the difference by sounds of it...unless I've misunderstood his post?

...just to clarify my previous comment, that post from @Hawaiibadboy was actually on the Moondrop thread...not here.

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #24,152 of 33,689
Who knows.......

.......a bass-lite AS10??

.......a bass-lite BA10??

CCA A10

Peaks are different here as well:

Should be an interesting listen.

Wondering how the A10 (5BA) differs from the AS10 (5BA) and BA10 (5BA).
These curves are weird as they go from 20 to 24,000 Hz.

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #24,153 of 33,689
These curves are weird as they go from 20 to 24,000 Hz.

There is nothing weird about it, if you playback at 48kHz samplerate, you render audio up to 24kHz (nyquist theorem) and can measure it as he certainly does.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #24,154 of 33,689
You are no joke man, I tried the TFZ No. 3 Ti and i was skeptical at first and when i tried it im blown away, @audio123 is right afterall.
What differences did you hear between the ti version when compared to the kanas pro and regular no.3? I'm just not sure now how much the sound is an improvement over the the regular tfz no.3.

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #24,155 of 33,689
There is always something around the corner, it's true. But not always better. You know what, I had to interject here...and I know it's a bit off topic...but I went back to my old Aurisonic Harmonys which have been laying around at the back of a drawer. (their bigger bro, my ASG 2.5's are out on loan)...and I kid you not, old as they are, they knock the spots off anything I've heard since. The sheer visceral quality of the bass, the clarity and detail, the upfront but smooth mids...the detailed, sparkly treble. And the airiness of the soundstage is to die for. Maybe it's just going back from Chi-Fi to something else...honeymoon period. But listening right now, it makes KPE, DM6, Crescent, 9 Tails, CCA C16, even EX800 (to a point...though they're superior to the others imho!)...and all the recent stuff seem a little...well, dreary.
Don't have a measuring device to graph them, so apologies to the techies for that. And apologies for the subject hypey adjectives. But had to say.
So..no, new isn't always better. Shame Aurisonic were taken over by Fender...not sure they will ever reach those glorious heights again.

I hear you, recently I've been using the ASG 1PLUS for the first time in a very long time (and the first time ever balanced) and they're definitely very sweet and highly competitive even to this day.

I agree 100% on your Fender comment as well :)

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #24,156 of 33,689
What differences did you hear between the ti version when compared to the kanas pro and regular no.3? I'm just not sure now how much the sound is an improvement over the the regular tfz no.3.
That sound difference is only due to shell material which could make slight differences in resonances and cable (hopefully someone measures their impedance difference), other than that - same driver and same sound. Would I pay 190$ more for shell and better cable?
Me not. I have KPE but really would like to get regular No.3. IMHO @Hawaiibadboy is NOT talking shjiiit and he analyzes sound with MUSIC basically same way I do, except my "CoiL`s gauntlet" list is wayyy longer. I don`t care if I get discredited because I trust his ears.
Want to spend more money because of some reviewers saying "Ti version clearly better", be my guest, Your money not mine! :wink: I`ve been dealing with modding and customizing IEMs long enough that I know pretty well what differences to expect from plastic vs. metal shells - 190$ is no justification for such thing, imho.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #24,157 of 33,689
That sound difference is only due to shell material which could make slight differences in resonances and cable (hopefully someone measures their impedance difference), other than that - same driver and same sound. Would I pay 190$ more for shell and better cable?
Me not. I have KPE but really would like to get regular No.3. IMHO @Hawaiibadboy is NOT talking shjiiit and he analyzes sound with MUSIC basically same way I do, except my "CoiL`s gauntlet" list is wayyy longer. I don`t care if I get discredited because I trust his ears.
Want to spend more money because of some reviewers saying "Ti version clearly better", be my guest, Your money not mine! :wink: I`ve been dealing with modding and customizing IEMs long enough that I know pretty well what differences to expect from plastic vs. metal shells - 190$ is no justification for such thing, imho.

20 minutes of the attached file...
Oh, boy....

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #24,158 of 33,689
I will just share these links & translations here. More opinions are better. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

https://digital.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=28143863
Capture.PNG

http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55752975.html
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

https://itw01.com/UUNS3ES.html
Capture4.PNG

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #24,159 of 33,689
Jun 12, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #24,160 of 33,689
I`ve been dealing with modding and customizing IEMs long enough that I know pretty well what differences to expect from plastic vs. metal shells - 190$ is no justification for such thing, imho.

So wait, I don’t really follow TFZ.

Lemme get this straight...they’re charging $190 more for literally the same thing only in a metal shell vs plastic shell? Like a KZ ZS5 vs ZS6 kind of situation?

You could buy a complete 2nd IEM for $190 (something nice too)!

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #24,161 of 33,689

Lemme get this straight...they’re charging $190 more for literally the same thing only in a metal shell vs plastic shell? Like a KZ ZS5 vs ZS6 kind of situation?

Actually... it's kind of controversial atm.

audio123 and some Asians reviewers are reporting the SQ on Ti version is definitely better than the plastic one, also there's an "upgrade" cable to justify the price. However, BGGAR couldn't spot major differences between the stock and Ti also both measure identical. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #24,162 of 33,689

i haven't tried the ZS6 yet, but from what I've read here and KZ forum, they're different sounding? is the ZS6 really has the same sound as the ZS5?

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #24,163 of 33,689
i haven't tried the ZS6 yet, but from what I've read here and KZ forum, they're different sounding? is the ZS6 really has the same sound as the ZS5?

Well they’re different sounding because the shells are slightly different (the vents are very different).

The main point I was making was that there only a $20 or so price difference in the plastic vs metal shells. Granted, the ZS6 is aluminum and the TFZ is a titanium alloy, but I’ve had custom aerospace-grade titanium parts made at a machine shop, and I know what titanium material and manufacturing costs (and it isn’t $190 for an IEM shell).

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #24,164 of 33,689

This is the current hot topic of TFZ no 3 @Slater
TFZ no 3 has ccame out like half a year, got me off my radar too but recently they released TFZ no 3 TI (just like Nvidia GTX 1080 TI), and hyped out there because these no. 3 TI said technically better than Moondrop Kanas Pro and Tanchjim Oxygen in almost every aspect. Bass texture, extension, decay, cleanness, better mids clarity, engaging, better extension highs, bigger soundstage, etc. The TI is hyped because of that but cost $300
and the regular no 3, is just priced at $109. Many of us believe that differences between regular and TI version is just the shell and cable, but thus made the sound really good. I never experienced it myself but i'd like to.
And just yesterday BGGAR uploaded comparison between TFZ no 3, TFZ no 3 TI and Kanas Pro. And he prefer the regular no 3 because similar to Kanas Pro but with more bass punch, and he said TI version not worth because of 3X price of regular one.
Still controversial, but I'm really curious and couldn't hold any longer since I like the sound signature and technical abilities of Kanas Pro so much, I bought the no 3 regular to try out.

Actually... it's kind of controversial atm.

audio123 and some Asians reviewers are reporting the SQ on Ti version is definitely better than the plastic one, also there's an "upgrade" cable to justify the price. However, BGGAR couldn't spot major differences between the stock and Ti also both measure identical. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Makahl beat me to it, he is the better journalist

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #24,165 of 33,689
he prefer the regular no 3 because similar to Kanas Pro but with more bass punch, and he said TI version not worth because of 3X price of regular one.

his review that got me thinking that the No.3 TI is basically similar to the Regular Kanas. can anybody who has/tried both of them confirm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back