Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 13, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #24,181 of 33,689
then again he also said he can't really find the difference between the plastic and TI version.. now we need more data to make conclusions :sweat_smile:[/
It`s marketing and bullsh**-hype so ppl could say " I have definitely better and more expensive than Yours".

I`m rather with that last part.

Second that.

Anything can be said for marketing hype and some things can get lost in translation too.
Facts:
1) Ti and No.3 measure basically same.
2) Ti has "better" cable (more expensive one) that could provide "more detail" due to impedance difference.
3) Ti has metal shells (more expensive) that could affect resonances.
4) Design is same.

...to me, thinking logical & rational way, this is just "we take more money from You just because we say it is better".

If I had both versions in my hand, I would open them up and look if drivers look exactly same.

@Hawaiibadboy when You do sound comparison test - please use SAME cable and SAME tips @ same positioning on both versions.

somehow i believe they're using same driver, because on promotional page, They wrote the spec and drivers exactly the same, they only make the TI as an option, like a color option.
Maybe TI stands for (TI)tanium, its the no. 3 with titanium shell, but comes with better cable too. They can sound better, but the magic isn't hidden, its just the shell and the cable. Some people got money and want the best even not very value price wise, some people want to get the best value one. Nobody is wrong here. If someone is handy enough, make a custom shell using titanium alloy and buy better cable maybe can get better no 3 with cheaper price than the TI. but yeah for me the $190 differences is so steep.

Jun 13, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #24,182 of 33,689
Is the rumor true that the Moondrop Crescent is 50% the quality of the Kanas Pro?

I've heard the crescent. although it is good for the price, the price jump to the Kanas is justified; increase of SQ, built, cable, etc. if i want to buy inexpensive iem with good SQ, i rather get the MH755 than the Crescent

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #24,184 of 33,689
It`s marketing and bullsh**-hype so ppl could say " I have definitely better and more expensive than Yours".

Second that.

Anything can be said for marketing hype and some things can get lost in translation too.
Facts:
2) Ti has "better" cable (more expensive one) that could provide "more detail" due to impedance difference.
4) Design is same.

...to me, thinking logical & rational way, this is just "we take more money from You just because we say it is better".

If I had both versions in my hand, I would open them up and look if drivers look exactly same.

@Hawaiibadboy when You do sound comparison test - please use SAME cable and SAME tips @ same positioning on both versions.

Sure I will use same cable. I believe they simply added "Ti" to the name because that is what they did. Tuning is identical. Very good tuning :)

@Hawaiibadboy is it possible to review the tfz t2 and give a comparison between tfz t2 and tfz no.3 .. .do you have the tfz t2 ? u dont review budget iems lately

I can get in a week or so.

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #24,185 of 33,689
What about the TFZ No.3 vs. the Updated King?
Has anyone compared them, especially with regards to clarity / stage/spaciousness / instrument separation (even in busy tracks)? TIA!

(I feel like pulling the trigger on a nice set of single DD IEMs these days, either one of those above or the Kanas Pro).

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #24,186 of 33,689
What about the TFZ No.3 vs. the Updated King?
Has anyone compared them, especially with regards to clarity / stage/spaciousness / instrument separation (even in busy tracks)? TIA!

(I feel like pulling the trigger on a nice set of single DD IEMs these days, either one of those above or the Kanas Pro).

I owe you detail comparison ZS10 pro to kanas pro but yeah Kanas Pro still technically superior, especially in clarity section if you're after that one, and sound more smooth all across frequency (more polished / mature sound, not shouty). don't pull the trigger yet , my TFZ no 3 is arriving anytime soon, will post my impressions in comparison with Kanas Pro as 2nd opinion as @Hawaiibadboy currently prefer the TFZ no 3 (He always loved Kanas Pro)

Jun 13, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #24,187 of 33,689
I owe you detail comparison ZS10 pro to kanas pro but yeah Kanas Pro still technically superior, especially in clarity section if you're after that one, and sound more smooth all across frequency (more polished / mature sound, not shouty). don't pull the trigger yet , my TFZ no 3 is arriving anytime soon, will post my impressions in comparison with Kanas Pro as 2nd opinion as @Hawaiibadboy currently prefer the TFZ no 3 (He always loved Kanas Pro)
Thanks buddy! I'll wait for your impressions of the No.3. before I come to a final decision. The reason I included the Updated King is that someone I don't remember preferred them over his KPE?!

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #24,188 of 33,689

Just caught this looking for impressions and reviews. Thanks for the writeup. It's pretty on par with my impressions of the Nicehck F3's. I actually found that the Auris Amplify BT amp does a good job driving them and made my listening much more enjoyable. Tip rolling was a must though and I don't feel I've found the right tips for them yet. Still mulling over selling these or keeping them. I like the sound, but the brightness does become fatiguing. I'll try EQ'ing out the 5khz as you recommended. :)

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #24,189 of 33,689

Second that.

Facts:
4) Design is same.

somehow i believe they're using same driver, because on promotional page, They wrote the spec and drivers exactly the same, they only make the TI as an option, like a color option.
Maybe TI stands for (TI)tanium, its the no. 3 with titanium shell, but comes with better cable too. They can sound better, but the magic isn't hidden, its just the shell and the cable. Some people got money and want the best even not very value price wise, some people want to get the best value one. Nobody is wrong here. If someone is handy enough, make a custom shell using titanium alloy and buy better cable maybe can get better no 3 with cheaper price than the TI. but yeah for me the $190 differences is so steep.
i'm curious about this too--it does appear the no. 3 and no.3ti have the same driver and the same specs. other manufacturers (philips and pioneer come to mind) do this routinely, but the cost differential is nowhere near $190. i remember years ago i foolishly dropped an extra three grand to buy an infiniti i30, which was an exact clone of the nissan maxima, although i did get a longer warranty and free cappuccino at the dealership

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #24,190 of 33,689
Please recommend some warm sounding IEMs with a front vent. The front vent / ear canal vent is the most important bit as I can't stand the pressure created by sealed ear canal IEMs.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #24,191 of 33,689
Please recommend some warm sounding IEMs with a front vent. The front vent / ear canal vent is the most important bit as I can't stand the pressure created by sealed ear canal IEMs.
Thanks!
Dare I say, ****?

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #24,193 of 33,689
Hi guys. Can someone help me choose a good IEM to purchase?

Currently my eye is on Tanchjim Oxygen. All the reading I've done leads to it being a very good IEM.

I auditioned the Final E5000 and iBasso IT01s recently: really love the E5000, that bass is amazing, and I appreciated the detail on the IT01s. I also tried the Kinera Idun and liked it; perhaps a bit too little bass impact for me though.

Choices that seem to be direct competitors to Oxygen include Kanas Pro, BGVP DM6, TFZ No. 3 Ti and such.

Can anyone help me make a good decision? Am buying as a long term investment. My source is LG G6 which I use an Audirect Beam with. Might be getting a Fiio A5 soon too.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #24,194 of 33,689
Dare I say, ****?
Thanks! Interesting IEM, too bad they can be worn cable down only, because of the shape and nozzle angle. I forgot to add that I need over ear cable too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back