Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 12, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #24,166 of 33,689
his review that got me thinking that the No.3 TI is basically similar to the Regular Kanas. can anybody who has/tried both of them confirm?

I don't think so since the TI said got more resolution than KP and Oxygen, wider soundstage, better bass texture not bass quantity.
the regular No 3 is might be similar to regular Kanas but I don't know someone that has both at the moment

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #24,167 of 33,689
I don't think so since the TI said got more resolution than KP and Oxygen, wider soundstage, better bass texture not bass quantity.
the regular No 3 is might be similar to regular Kanas but I don't know someone that has both at the moment

then again he also said he can't really find the difference between the plastic and TI version.. now we need more data to make conclusions :sweat_smile:

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #24,168 of 33,689
then again he also said he can't really find the difference between the plastic and TI version.. now we need more data to make conclusions :sweat_smile:

And what about the difference between those two and the carbon fiber version, costs the same as the Ti I think, no one reviewed this one yet.

Jun 12, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #24,170 of 33,689
What differences did you hear between the ti version when compared to the kanas pro and regular no.3? I'm just not sure now how much the sound is an improvement over the the regular tfz no.3.

If i remember correctly, i did audition the TFZ no.3 that was like 2 months ago, the difference is not to say a lot but they refined it or should i say polished(Night & day Diff). In comparison to Kanas Pro, No.3Ti is full-bodied and it thiccc... as if there is meat in it and it sound fuller, i wouldn't say it's totl, however, every iem serves different needs. I still keep my Kanas Pro, because it has a smooth sounding: velvety, together with Ifi iDSD BL it sounded wonderful :)

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #24,171 of 33,689
And what about the difference between those two and the carbon fiber version, costs the same as the Ti I think, no one reviewed this one yet.
I guess it's No.3 with different faceplate.

If i remember correctly, i did audition the TFZ no.3 that was like 2 months ago, the difference is not to say a lot but they refined it or should i say polished it. In comparison to Kanas Pro, No.3Ti is full-bodied and it thiccc... as if there is meat in it and it sound fuller, i wouldn't say it's totl, however, every iem serves different needs. I still keep my Kanas Pro, because it has a smooth sounding: velvety, together with Ifi iDSD BL it sounded wonderful :)
Agreed. The No.3 Ti is definitely not TOTL and cannot rival my Noble Kaiser Encore for example which is 6 times the price. However, I feel it offers an impressive full-bodied sound at its price point.

As for the No.3 vs No.3 Ti, there are other review articles from Hong Kong & Japan which I have compiled earlier with Google translation for perusal.

Ultimately, enjoy & happy listening, as always. :)

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #24,172 of 33,689
If i remember correctly, i did audition the TFZ no.3 that was like 2 months ago, the difference is not to say a lot but they refined it or should i say polished it. In comparison to Kanas Pro, No.3Ti is full-bodied and it thiccc... as if there is meat in it and it sound fuller, i wouldn't say it's totl, however, every iem serves different needs. I still keep my Kanas Pro, because it has a smooth sounding: velvety, together with Ifi iDSD BL it sounded wonderful :)
Thanks for that so in other words you felt it was just a bit more polished for the extra 190 there charging. I think I'll probably get the regular no.3 then. Lastly would you say the ti and regular have better vocals and soundstage then the Kans pro?

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #24,173 of 33,689
Thanks for that so in other words you felt it was just a bit more polished for the extra 190 there charging. I think I'll probably get the regular no.3 then. Lastly would you say the ti and regular have better vocals and soundstage then the Kans pro?

yes definitely, i compared the TFZ no.3Ti and Vsonic Vs9 it is confirm the TFZ No.3Ti has better vocals. In regards to Sound-stage it is wider by large. It has occurred to me once in a certain song i couldn't remember the name of the song, female vocals gives a 3D sensation thinking it was someone talking besides me, this reminded me of the Mee Audio P1 it has large sound-stage

Jun 13, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #24,174 of 33,689
According to Audio123, he owned and listened to Noble Kaiser Encore, which he said that it can't be rivaled which it is true because i have listened the Noble Kaiser Encore, and it is exquisite!. With that experience, we could determine what is high-end and what is otherwise and ultimately depends on the ears' individuality :)

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #24,175 of 33,689
@Hawaiibadboy can you please do one of your sound demos comparing the tfz no.3 to the ti? There are many more reviews in China that also claim the ti being superior sonically but I would love to hear it for myself. If they sound exactly the same then the sound demo would prove it to all of us still doubting. Please consider this.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #24,176 of 33,689
@Hawaiibadboy can you please do one of your sound demos comparing the tfz no.3 to the ti? There are many more reviews in China that also claim the ti being superior sonically but I would love to hear it for myself. If they sound exactly the same then the sound demo would prove it to all of us still doubting. Please consider this.

I can maybe dust off that rig and give that a go. Not accurate but does highlight differences so it has a bit of value.

Jun 13, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #24,180 of 33,689
So wait, I don’t really follow TFZ.
Lemme get this straight...they’re charging $190 more for literally the same thing only in a metal shell vs plastic shell? Like a KZ ZS5 vs ZS6 kind of situation?
You could buy a complete 2nd IEM for $190 (something nice too)!
It`s marketing and bullsh**-hype so ppl could say " I have definitely better and more expensive than Yours".
Actually... it's kind of controversial atm.
audio123 and some Asians reviewers are reporting the SQ on Ti version is definitely better than the plastic one, also there's an "upgrade" cable to justify the price. However, BGGAR couldn't spot major differences between the stock and Ti also both measure identical. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I`m rather with that last part.
...but I’ve had custom aerospace-grade titanium parts made at a machine shop, and I know what titanium material and manufacturing costs (and it isn’t $190 for an IEM shell).
Second that.
As for the No.3 vs No.3 Ti, there are other review articles from Hong Kong & Japan which I have compiled earlier with Google translation for perusal.
Anything can be said for marketing hype and some things can get lost in translation too.
Facts:
1) Ti and No.3 measure basically same.
2) Ti has "better" cable (more expensive one) that could provide "more detail" due to impedance difference.
3) Ti has metal shells (more expensive) that could affect resonances.
4) Design is same.

...to me, thinking logical & rational way, this is just "we take more money from You just because we say it is better".

If I had both versions in my hand, I would open them up and look if drivers look exactly same.

@Hawaiibadboy when You do sound comparison test - please use SAME cable and SAME tips @ same positioning on both versions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back