Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 29, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #23,281 of 33,689
that is KP from two different rigs, looks kind of similar, also it sound like it measures, so no, we need graphs, thanks

Eh really? The bass rise is huge on one compared to the other. If anything these two graphs show Alex point very well for me.

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #23,282 of 33,689
soon you will be ready for your second backup pair

Ha ha, if there's one thing I've learned in here it's that back up pairs are useless before they've arrived there's fourteen new best ever discoveries to get :wink:

That being said I do own three pairs of the Havi B3P1, there's always an exception to every rule ha ha.....

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #23,284 of 33,689
yes but the overall shape of the response is very similar, not the same but you can have very good idea what to expect

I'd guess we've got different standards for what's relevant which makes even those graphs subjective lol.....

I'm jk of course but there's really a massive difference in bass response and I doubt those two would sound similar if they each sounded like their respective graphs.

Anyway, this is not the place to discuss this if it's works for you that's great. Personally I don't trust random graphs on the internet much, I prefer to listen with my ears so obviously YMMV as always in this extremely subjective hobby :wink:

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #23,285 of 33,689
I have never bought a backup pair until I heard **** and after some time passed the price got lower so for the $20 price I’ll always have them to listen too.
Give your DT6s some playin time, mine watched tv for two days and they really started opening up....they get better and better.
Someday soon there won’t be any, accidents happen even being careful. Enjoy the music!

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #23,286 of 33,689
I'd guess we've got different standards for what's relevant which makes even those graphs subjective lol.....

I'm jk of course but there's really a massive difference in bass response and I doubt those two would sound similar if they each sounded like their respective graphs.

Anyway, this is not the place to discuss this if it's works for you that's great. Personally I don't trust random graphs on the internet much, I prefer to listen with my ears so obviously YMMV as always in this extremely subjective hobby :wink:
Got to say, I agree.

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #23,289 of 33,689
I have never bought a backup pair and after some time passed the price got lower so for the $20 price I’ll always have them to listen too.
Someday soon there won’t be any, accidents happen even being careful. Enjoy the music!

When I was at the park last week, one of mine shot out of my hand when I was trying to change the cable. It’s very easy to fly out of your hand, due to the slippery polished metallic finish plus the general shape of the shell (like a funnel) that makes it hard to hold.

Anyways, when it flew out of my hand it tumbled down some rock steps and I about cried. I thought for sure the drivers would have been trashed, but to my surprise it survived (except a few very minor scratches on the finish) and sounds perfect.

So yeah, accidents definitely do happen, and I like having backups of my favorite pairs. Especially when they’re as stupid cheap as $20.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #23,290 of 33,689
I have never bought a backup pair until I heard **** and after some time passed the price got lower so for the $20 price I’ll always have them to listen too.
Give your DT6s some playin time, mine watched tv for two days and they really started opening up....they get better and better.

I'm sorry but I'm a non-believer.

So far none of my headphones and IEM's have had any noticeable change over time. I just typically enjoy my new stuff right away :wink:

Apr 29, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #23,291 of 33,689
I'm sorry but I'm a non-believer.

So far none of my headphones and IEM's have had any noticeable change over time. I just typically enjoy my new stuff right away :wink:

Thats good then...enjoy the music!

Hey all TRN fans, which is your favorite between these 3: V80, IM1, or V30? .....I’m curious because
I’m not sure if I could pick one....thanks!

Apr 29, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #23,292 of 33,689
But that was my point, while we think that FR measurements are objective because it's not based on what we hear or how we feel, now that everybody and their grandma have access to buy $50 measurement setup we have a dozen of different FR graphs for every IEM :wink: So, it becomes a misleading objectivity :D The only time it makes sense to me is when I measure 2 different IEMs in my setup where I only focus on the difference, and I also know that I can take 10 consecutive measurements and they're all consistent.
I'd call measurements a guide supporting the listening experience...and not every guide is good. You get a good feeling for it after measuring a a few.

But: here is an example of two earphones with totally different tonalities and very similar FR graphs. The Pioneer is a single DD, the M6 is a multi-hybrid. Zero sound similarity.

JXLrz3Zm.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #23,294 of 33,689
Yeah I remember you saying the Kanas would be your last and most expensive IEM purchase if I am not mistaken but now I see you've got a Zenith which costs 500... Wooot?

:)

Mine was free. My husband had bought it for the preorder price which was half of that. The first batch shipped with most wired out of phase. The seller very quickly sent replacements without requiring the first one to be returned.

So that is now my free pair. It has been fixed by just reversing the cable pins on one side. The disadvantage being that I can't use a cable with a preformed ear guide unless we open the earpiece to flip the connector around....a little scary with such an expensive piece. I prefer to leave it.

The Zenith is not Asian. It is British.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #23,295 of 33,689
Hey all, so this will be my 1000th post here at Head-Fi. Thought I'd use it in one of my favourite threads. Even tho i don't get on here as much as I could due to work, I'm buying new stuff regularly and always having fun with my audio gear (I had to put the word "audio" in there cos that could have sounded iffy). Big thanks to everyone I've had dealings with and the many HF'ers who have given me invaluable advice via PM and on these threads. Hopefully I've given out some useful feedback over time too.

I always said to myself that when I hit a 1000 I'd treat myself to something good. I've wired it down to two; Moondrop Kanas Pro Edition or BGVP DM6. Leaning towards the KPE as they look cool :) Budget £100-180.

Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back