Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 29, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #23,251 of 33,689
what kind of tip? double flange?
i haven't been able to bring the bass out of D4
Heya friend! I had double flange ones from my memt x5, the S size if i have to be precise.
But fitting was annoying even if i got an amazing bass.
I'm using starline tips now, you have to push them in order to cover the nozzle vent, that's why u need something with long nozzle tube like starline.

Hi, using the search function at the top I found his original post about the tips for the D4... a couple of pages back..

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1548#post-14921733
Thanks a lot for being faster than me! I was busy but fortunately you've helped him :D

thanks
hm strange... I'm sure I have used KZ starline on ED4 and found no improvement. Maybe it need different bore.
Currently out of town, but I'll try another tips on ED4 because some people have success with ED4, i just need to keep rollin
I kept rolling for 2 months until i decided to push the starline until nozzle vent was completely blocked.
Every ear is different then, you can achieve it or not.

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #23,253 of 33,689
Anyone find Nine Tails an upgrade on KPE? Oops...that's done it (...runs for cover, fast!)

I don't think so but it's good and I like it. Same tier as EN700 Pro IMO.

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #23,254 of 33,689
I’m interested in that new TRN X6.....everything I own from them sounds excellent...V80, V30, IM1. I’ve been using the V80s for the past few days and loving the sound. I don’t hear anything about them that bugs me...didn’t people say the high end was messed up? If you recall that folks let me know what the heck they are talking about... I’m curious!

Can’t wait to hear impressions on X6!

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #23,255 of 33,689
I don't think so but it's good and I like it. Same tier as EN700 Pro IMO.

Ah Mr C.Moon. Hello.
Maybe, maybe. It has a similar quality and signature to KPE in my opinion. Clean, neat imaging and a very sweet and pleasurable tone at times, but with more meat in the overall mids and a better mid bass - and treble is very nice and sparkly without being overdone. I think I prefer it to KP for its all round abilities and adaptability.
But KP was wrong for my ears with that strangely angled nozzle so I may have been missing some of its beauty.

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #23,257 of 33,689
I’m interested in that new TRN X6.....everything I own from them sounds excellent...V80, V30, IM1. I’ve been using the V80s for the past few days and loving the sound. I don’t hear anything about them that bugs me...didn’t people say the high end was messed up? If you recall that folks let me know what the heck they are talking about... I’m curious!

Can’t wait to hear impressions on X6!

Heartily agree on V80. I think it's astonishing for its price. Well, not just its price...it's very capable at any price. I think it can be tizzy at times in that high end, that's what they mean I think. Certainly was when I first tried it - a very strange sharp mechanical sound. But it seems to have settled down. Whatever, it doesn't bother me now.
The bass is quite something to behold, and the clarity, separation and soundstaging competes with stuff I've heard at $600. Maybe, just maybe it can be a little clinical and digital sounding if I'm being picky. How do the other TRN's compare with it? And X6 might be interesting if V80's anything to go by.

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #23,258 of 33,689
Ah Mr C.Moon. Hello.
Maybe, maybe. It has a similar quality and signature to KPE in my opinion. Clean, neat imaging and a very sweet and pleasurable tone at times, but with more meat in the overall mids and a better mid bass - and treble is very nice and sparkly without being overdone. I think I prefer it to KP for its all round abilities and adaptability.
But KP was wrong for my ears with that strangely angled nozzle so I may have been missing some of its beauty.
It (9T) is still one of my top IEMs under $200. Something magical about it.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #23,259 of 33,689
Heartily agree on V80. I think it's astonishing for its price. Well, not just its price...it's very capable at any price. I think it can be tizzy at times in that high end, that's what they mean I think. Certainly was when I first tried it - a very strange sharp mechanical sound. But seems to have settled down. Whatever, it doesn't bother me now.
The bass is quite something to behold, and the clarity, separation and soundstaging competes with stuff I've heard at $600. Maybe, just maybe it can be a little clinical and digital sounding if I'm being picky. How do the other TRN's compare with it? And X6 might be interesting if V80's anything to go by.

IM1 is wonderful sound hard to describe, the low end is awesome and smooth high end,
The V30 has more detail and same type low end but its early days on that one.
I'll try anything TRN makes.....really love the sound!

Apr 29, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #23,260 of 33,689
Curiosity got the best of me so let's see what the fuzz is all about :)

20190429_175425.jpg
20190429_175411.jpg

Apr 29, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #23,261 of 33,689
Ah Mr C.Moon. Hello.

Happy to hear your opinion. I love my Nine Tail. I had once planned to get the Kansas Pro but changed my mind and bought the Moondrop Crescent for far less money. Now that the IDun is on the way, I don't think I should get any more IEMs. That one will satisfy my desire for something colorful (and good sounding of course).

Which filters are you using on the Nine Tail?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #23,263 of 33,689
Happy to hear your opinion. I love my Nine Tail. I had once planned to get the Kansas Pro but changed my mind and bought the Moondrop Crescent for far less money.

Yeah I remember you saying the Kanas would be your last and most expensive IEM purchase if I am not mistaken but now I see you've got a Zenith which costs 500... Wooot?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back