Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 29, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #23,266 of 33,689
This train is coming to the station and I'm ready to hype all over it. :grinning:

DM7.jpg

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #23,267 of 33,689
Should I post my FR measurement too? :wink: This way we will have yet another FR data point to confuse more people :D Not saying it in a negative way, man. If anything, i'm being self-critical. Unfortunately, we all have now access to budget FR capture rigs with their own limitations and variations, and we all use our own different custom compensation curves to shape up the FR to make it look closer to what we hear. And then I look at all these measurements from different people, including myself, and see a common pattern that frequencies of the peaks and valleys kind of match, but the amplitude (which is relying on calibration) is all over the place lol!

Personally, I always recommend to run a sine-sweep to confirm the frequency bumps, but that's of no use to potential customers who don't have access to IEM and instead getting confused looking at all these graphs, trying to decide if that 6k peak is as high and sibilant or 12k peak going to be fatigue or tolerable or bass is really that elevated/exaggerated or more linear... Don't have the answer to this, and it was probably beaten to death in discussions before, but I feel like sharing my own personal measurements only will add to more confusion :frowning2: And I advice others who are making their decision based on FR alone, to take it with a grain of salt. Sorry, to turn this into a mini rant...

Would be great see measurements in all of your reviews. Objective info to complement your sound impressions.

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #23,268 of 33,689
:thinking:Whats a nine tail? So many 2 letter names and I don’t know what any stand for. If its banned just say a banned whatever but please for an old head who wants to check all this stuff out leave a full name or link.....please!:pray:
(Insert picture of old guy scratching his head)....lol:older_man:

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #23,269 of 33,689
:thinking:Whats a nine tail? So many 2 letter names and I don’t know what any stand for. If its banned just say a banned whatever but please for an old head who wants to check all this stuff out leave a full name or link.....please!:pray:
(Insert picture of old guy scratching his head)....lol:older_man:
It's the Toneking Nine Tail IEM. A very unusual looking but comfortable one with a beautiful organic sound. :wink:

Attachments

• 9tail.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 29, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #23,270 of 33,689
Would be great see measurements in all of your reviews. Objective info to complement your sound impressions.

But that was my point, while we think that FR measurements are objective because it's not based on what we hear or how we feel, now that everybody and their grandma have access to buy $50 measurement setup we have a dozen of different FR graphs for every IEM :wink: So, it becomes a misleading objectivity :D The only time it makes sense to me is when I measure 2 different IEMs in my setup where I only focus on the difference, and I also know that I can take 10 consecutive measurements and they're all consistent.

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #23,271 of 33,689
It's the Toneking Nine Tail IEM. A very unusual looking but comfortable one with a beautiful organic sound. :wink:

Thanks for the info.....:vulcan::sunglasses::thumbsup:

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #23,272 of 33,689
Curiosity got the best of me so let's see what the fuzz is all about :)

I just love those. Very interested to hear your views. PLEASE get the right fitting tip. I found foams to bring a real rounded analogueness and euphoric quality to the music that made me quite nostalgic. Some might find them too warm. But they can be quite beautiful. (Are we allowed to talk **** on here or will the mods lock me up? :wink:

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #23,273 of 33,689
But that was my point, while we think that FR measurements are objective because it's not based on what we hear or how we feel, now that everybody and their grandma have access to buy $50 measurement setup we have a dozen of different FR graphs for every IEM :wink: So, it becomes a misleading objectivity :D The only time it makes sense to me is when I measure 2 different IEMs in my setup where I only focus on the difference, and I also know that I can take 10 consecutive measurements and they're all consistent.
You could use the measurements on the comparation session of your reviews.

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #23,274 of 33,689
that is KP from two different rigs, looks kind of similar, also it sound like it measures, so no, we need graphs, thanks
Kanas-Pro.jpg moondrop-kanas-pro-edition-web_871268.png

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #23,275 of 33,689
Happy to hear your opinion. I love my Nine Tail. I had once planned to get the Kansas Pro but changed my mind and bought the Moondrop Crescent for far less money. Now that the IDun is on the way, I don't think I should get any more IEMs. That one will satisfy my desire for something colorful (and good sounding of course).

Which filters are you using on the Nine Tail?

I use red filters and champagne/silver backs. That iDun looks stunning. I've gone and ordered some snazzy blue and purple Hiseniors for similar reason. And THAT, i've vowed, is it. End of. Well...there's always that TRN...argh.

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #23,279 of 33,689
I just love those. Very interested to hear your views. PLEASE get the right fitting tip. I found foams to bring a real rounded analogueness and euphoric quality to the music that made me quite nostalgic. Some might find them too warm. But they can be quite beautiful. (Are we allowed to talk **** on here or will the mods lock me up? :wink:

I really don't care much for foam tips but I've got a few other to choose from. I'm actually listening to them with Symbio tips now which is probably the closest to foam my pair will come :wink:

Impression after a couple of hours is really good, especially given the price....

Apr 29, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #23,280 of 33,689
I really don't care much for foam tips but I've got a few other to choose from. I'm actually listening to them with Symbio tips now which is probably the closest to foam my pair will come :wink:

Impression after a couple of hours is really good, especially given the price....
soon you will be ready for your second backup pair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back