Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 10, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #22,951 of 33,689
With CCA16, the recording limitations is already a bottleneck (I listen to classical music), so no leaps, just a joyride with CCA :)
Eeeemmm.... explain please?:confused:
So, C16 is so good that it reveals everything in recording with pinpoint frequencies accuracy, life-like timbre and nautral tonality? I`m sorry but I don`t belive it. I mean, just by looking at its FR graph, it`s not that good imo (not that it couldn`t be perfect for Your hearing and gear matchup).

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #22,952 of 33,689
This looks like a case of "best I have heard so far, so its good". I think we all go through that to some degree, and then at some point we hear something truly spectacular and realize that several of the things we like are really not all that good after all. For me, that moment came the first time I heard a Stax009 coupled with the BHSE and the Yaggy. Detail and attack and decay speed on that system are just absolutely sick. Its on my someday after my lotto winnings come in list.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #22,953 of 33,689
So, ZSN Pro is upgraded and not such high-mids/low-highs boost as with original? Do You have graphs to compare?
Just curious as I could potentially recommend this to friends but don`t wish to buy myself. I`m not subscribed to KZ thread anymore so asking here.
Sorry, I can't provide graphs, but I'm not kidding when I say that It's been over 100 hours now and I'm not getting that harness and sibilance sound that would creep up once and awhile with the original ZSN. I can honestly tell you that they tuned the BA armature to sound finer with way better details and the bass sounds a lot more mature, accurate with a smoother and deeper sub-bass attack that sure pleased the heck out of me! Soundstage is surprisingly wider and bigger, which finally leaves the midrange sounding a lot more coherent without ever trying to override certain songs with harshness.

I am a true believer in changes made for the better...
...and KZ proved to me that they did improve the original ZSN with the ZSN PRO's on 2 areas, as you can see posted below...on better bass and higher resolution!

HTB1HDxcbu6sK1RjSsrbq6xbDXXao.jpg

I hope your friend likes them. :wink::thumbsup:

-Clear

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #22,954 of 33,689
This looks like a case of "best I have heard so far, so its good". I think we all go through that to some degree, and then at some point we hear something truly spectacular and realize that several of the things we like are really not all that good after all. For me, that moment came the first time I heard a Stax009 coupled with the BHSE and the Yaggy. Detail and attack and decay speed on that system are just absolutely sick. Its on my someday after my lotto winnings come in list.

Haha, I had that moment at the Ohio CanJam.

I listened to some high end stuff, and within seconds everything I own and enjoy sounded like crap.

It took my brain a while to readjust to my gear though. Luckily that’s the good thing about the human brain (and audio anyways).

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #22,955 of 33,689
So, C16 is so good that it reveals everything in recording with pinpoint frequencies accuracy, life-like timbre and nautral tonality? I`m sorry but I don`t belive it. I mean, just by looking at its FR graph, it`s not that good imo (not that it couldn`t be perfect for Your hearing and gear matchup).
CCA C16 reveals enough for me that imperfection of the recordings become more prominent, and in many cases I am happier to listen with AS10.
I am not talking about "natural tonality". I am not sure what it would mean exactly, given that many prefer lamp amplifiers and vinyl records...

Those graphs are produced by a sweep of frequencies, and there are no ways that a single membrane reproduces many different frequencies without distortions (in case you are thinking of "perfection").

Most important for me that I really like the music I listen to - how it sounds - with my IEMs and I share my experience :)

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #22,956 of 33,689

Happiness is often based on perception of the difference between what you have and you don't, and with IEMs it is exactly my perception that I have everything I need :) :) :)

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #22,957 of 33,689
Sorry, I can't provide graphs, but I'm not kidding when I say that It's been over 100 hours now and I'm not getting that harness and sibilance sound that would creep up once and awhile with the original ZSN. I can honestly tell you that they tuned the BA armature to sound finer with way better details and the bass sounds a lot more mature, accurate with a smoother and deeper sub-bass attack that sure pleased the heck out of me! Soundstage is surprisingly wider and bigger, which finally leaves the midrange sounding a lot more coherent without ever trying to override certain songs with harshness.

I am a true believer in changes made for the better...
...and KZ proved to me that they did improve the original ZSN with the ZSN PRO's on 2 areas, as you can see posted below...on better bass and higher resolution!

I hope your friend likes them.

-Clear
Hmmm... not so convinced yet. I wish to see graph comparison to old version as old had pretty highly boosted "hill" and if Pro version just reduces that area slightly, it might still be too much.
Those graphs are produced by a sweep of frequencies, and there are no ways that a single membrane reproduces many different frequencies without distortions (in case you are thinking of "perfection").
If graphs are done by freq sweep, then only one frequency is apparent to driver at time and "peak" is recorded.
Most graph makers (reviewers with mobile gear) nowdays use pink noise, which is different from freq sweep.
https://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_sinesweep20-20k.php
https://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_pinknoise.php

Happiness is often based on perception of the difference between what you have and you don't, and with IEMs it is exactly my perception that I have everything I need
:thumbsup:

Apr 11, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #22,958 of 33,689
CCA C16 reveals enough for me that imperfection of the recordings become more prominent, and in many cases I am happier to listen with AS10.
I am not talking about "natural tonality". I am not sure what it would mean exactly, given that many prefer lamp amplifiers and vinyl records...

Most important for me that I really like the music I listen to - how it sounds - with my IEMs and I share my experience :)

I'm agree on this part. It's a imperfection revealing Iem. On some track they reveal a non coherence of few instrument or one instrument. It's the only one to reveal that because it's a tonality, separating and detailed king ! On this point it's absolutely incredible to listen the mastering work and when they have do a good work, the sound is magic.

On one track ( electro ) an instrument sound very different than all the rest, it's funny. But on a track with good mastering ( the landing of First man movie or Deutschland of Rammstein ) the music is so beautiful. Revealing all details, coherence, Mastering work, instrument position on the scene.

For me it's the iem, that I have and less of 100$, which approach the most of reality recording studio.
This iem are very special and unique

Apr 11, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #22,960 of 33,689
How do you find q vs ****??

Any link for kpe

I assume you mean QT2 vs ****? The **** are more neutral while the QT2 are definitely more V shaped. I prefer the QT2's sound signature, but the highs are just a little too boosted which can lead some harshness or some sound coming off as overly bright. The **** are void of obvious flaws(compared to similarily priced IEMs), but they're just not particularly exciting/fun to listen to. I'd say the KPE's sound closer to the QT2 but with everything kept in check and well, better.

I got the KPE's from Penon Audio. Look it up on Google. :)

You are cursed now, you cant play or buy budget iem again.
Or maybe I am blessed! If my KPE's ever break I'll probably just buy another pair. :p

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #22,961 of 33,689
I assume you mean QT2 vs ****? The **** are more neutral while the QT2 are definitely more V shaped. I prefer the QT2's sound signature, but the highs are just a little too boosted which can lead some harshness or some sound coming off as overly bright. The **** are void of obvious flaws(compared to similarily priced IEMs), but they're just not particularly exciting/fun to listen to. I'd say the KPE's sound closer to the QT2 but with everything kept in check and well, better.

I got the KPE's from Penon Audio. Look it up on Google. :)

Or maybe I am blessed! If my KPE's ever break I'll probably just buy another pair. :p
Thr sound sig for **** is similar to pt2 imho. Mids are good , bass are a abundance imho
I have the q. Btw try to get a good copper cable to take the highs. Mine is ok

Apr 11, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #22,962 of 33,689
Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #22,963 of 33,689
Apr 11, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #22,964 of 33,689
Where did you order the Toneking from? Price fluctuates between $105 and $125 right now.

I got the Toneking Nine Tails for around $70 after some coupon gymnastics from a seller "that must not be named". It was too good a price to not bite on.

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #22,965 of 33,689
Here are my quick impressions on the KZ ZS7 and KZ ZSA! :wink::thumbsup:
P_20190303_112241_1.jpg

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

NOTE: Top position will go towards PRO SOUND RATING (PSR)

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

KZ ZS7
Extended Bass Driver + 4 BA Drive Units per side with KZ exclusive crossover network circuitry
PSR: 9.9
SS: Superb sound quality! -deep extended sub-bass, excellent clean vocals, silky pristine hi-end details with solid and superior soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 9
OP: 7
OV: 10
COMMENTS: The ZS7 are great top sounding IEM's! The sub-bass extends really deep with excellent control, while maintaining clean vocals and hi-end details without sounding harsh or sibilant. They are a "MUST HAVE" for some serious and genuine fun!
P_20190303_112940.jpgP_20190303_112502.jpg

KZ ZSA
8mm Bass Drivers + KZ's exclusive BA Armatures
PSR: 9.8
SS: Nice deep and rich bass, clear vivid highs, wide soundstage and depth with excellent resolution!
BQ: 9
OP: 7
OV: 10
COMMENTS: With its smaller size and light weight metal housing, you better believe that they can keep up with much costlier brands! They not only sound superb, but they also punch above their weight!
P_20190303_115655.jpgP_20190303_114703.jpg

I want to say a nice "shout-out" to 'Slater' for helping me get both the KZ ZSA and especially the KZ ZS7, which is not available for purchase in China! :beerchug:

Hope these impressions helped anyone interested in knowing more about these two items!

To see more of my IEM impressions, just go to my profile at my homepage...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

-Clear :spy:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back