Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 9, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #22,936 of 33,689
I can't comment on any earphones you mentioned except the KPE which I recently purchased and am using with the ES100. I also happen to own the QT2 and a few other well reviewed budged earphones like the **** and V2's. All I can tell you is that I am never going to touch any of my other earphones ever again. They all have something they do well, but the KPE's just put it all together better. The biggest difference is definitely in the mids. All of my budged earphones, QT2 included, sound like they have veiled, muffled or bloated mids compared to the KPE. I should have just purchased the KPE from the get go and that would have saved me a lot of money.

Agree... but sometimes ppl need to take that path to learn their hearing response/sensitivity and sound signature preferences :wink:
There is no BEST IEM in this audio world, only knowledge about Yourself, Your preferences and Your source gear capability.
But I also wish KPE had been "hyped" earlier as it would have saved me lot of money and time.
In the end - if You get to the point where everything sounds RIGHT for YOUR EARS & GEAR, then it is all that matters!
Then You shouldn`t care a f6ck about what others say - "that is better than that etc" :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #22,937 of 33,689
I need advice...I keep losing tips in my ear when taking Nicehck M6’s out. Never happened before in my life.... I need a tip that can snap into the notch that the filters add.....follow me?
I found a set that have the lip but they suck at isolation/seal. I saw on Complys website the True grip Pro that might work according to the illustrations they have, anybody know of a foam tip that works?

Any owners of M6 have a favorite tip they use?

I don't have an M6, but I have had this problem with some KZ models without a lip on the nozzle. What I have done is cut off the stem part of a tip that I don't use and attach that underneath the tip that is loose. That seems to provide a tighter fit. I have the feeling that @Slater taught me this trick. He is the "Mod Master" around here.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #22,938 of 33,689
Great to hear more experiences and comparisons to the QT2, thanks! How would you describe the fit of the KPE compared to the QT2? And what does the ES100 give you in comparison with a wired connection to your smartphone? Does it need the amplification for the best SQ?

I had primarily purchased the ES100 to drive my DT8 as the iPhone lightning adapter just wasn't cutting it with those. I don't need it for that purpose with the KPE as the lightning adapter seems to be more than capable of driving those. Is there an SQ difference? I can't really tell to be honest. I still enjoy the ES100 for the Bluetooth and the fact that I can use it as a sound card on any computer through USB. As for the KPE's fit, I think they are more comfortable than the QT2. The shell is smaller and rounded/smooth so you don't feel it as much.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #22,939 of 33,689
I can't comment on any earphones you mentioned except the KPE which I recently purchased and am using with the ES100. I also happen to own the QT2 and a few other well reviewed budged earphones like the **** and V2's. All I can tell you is that I am never going to touch any of my other earphones ever again. They all have something they do well, but the KPE's just put it all together better. The biggest difference is definitely in the mids. All of my budged earphones, QT2 included, sound like they have veiled, muffled or bloated mids compared to the KPE. I should have just purchased the KPE from the get go and that would have saved me a lot of money.

How do you find q vs ****??

Any link for kpe

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #22,940 of 33,689
So I just picked up the CCA C16 ($86) and the Hifihear 16 core cable ($19 for a limited time get one while you can!) from AliExpress...did I do good?? Using the MusicMaker Shockwave 3 right now and was just wondering if anyone had some experience? There's nothing wrong with my SW3, at all, but for ~$105 I figured why not and think I did pretty well if the sound is ANYTHING close to what people have said in reviews...certainly sell them and get my money back if not so no loss. Thoughts? Surprised to not see more info or reviews for a EIGHT driver IEM for less than $100.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #22,942 of 33,689
My full review on the Alpha & Delta KS3, now live on Indiegogo. The KS3 is musical and the overall presentation is soothing to listen to. Less is more with only a 6mm dynamic driver being used. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-04-09_13-18-13-1.jpg photo_2019-04-09_12-47-53-2.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #22,943 of 33,689
P4sOnv2.png

"came with marriage"

"b*tch sound"

hmmm yeah sounds about right

Apr 10, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #22,944 of 33,689

You are cursed now, you cant play or buy budget iem again.

Apr 10, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #22,945 of 33,689
You are cursed now, you cant play or buy budget iem again.
Same here. If my KPE decides to die - will likely search for very similar FR response single DD and won`t even look under 100€ price tag.

Apr 10, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #22,947 of 33,689
I have my back-up pair of KZ AS10.
Also I very much enjoy CCA C16.
No any plans to look beyond 100€, unless CCA/KZ decides to integrate piezo drivers :)

With what I have seen of piezo so far, I'd give KZ a couple generations to work the bugs out before I dropped $100 on one. Right now, they are extremely hit or miss.

Apr 10, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #22,948 of 33,689
I have my back-up pair of KZ AS10.
Also I very much enjoy CCA C16.
No any plans to look beyond 100€, unless CCA/KZ decides to integrate piezo drivers :)
That`s exactly what You SHOULD do. Collect money and meanwhile enjoy Your current gear, do more research about next level upgrade and then finally take a leap out of budget-chi-fi :wink:

Apr 10, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #22,950 of 33,689
That`s exactly what You SHOULD do. Collect money and meanwhile enjoy Your current gear, do more research about next level upgrade and then finally take a leap out of budget-chi-fi :wink:

With CCA16, the recording limitations is already a bottleneck (I listen to classical music), so no leaps, just a joyride with CCA :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back