Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 15, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #22,983 of 33,689
All this talk about Moondrop Kanas Pro got me curious, the graph is almost perfect, too, but on one aspect there's less information available - isolation. What's it like (with ZS4 and\or AS10 as reference, ideally)?

Isolation is moderate.
When not playing music I could hear quite well what's going on around me.
On the bicycle I used moderate volumes to still have a feeling of the traffic around.
On the plane, at higher volumes, I did not notice much of the outside noise.
That's using custom silicone tips which are sealing very well. With standard tips of course seal is another factor.

So they are not the most isolating IEMs.
Leak more than my JVC HA-FD02 and are MUCH better isolating than the Sony EX800ST

Apr 15, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #22,984 of 33,689
Finally, the KZ ZSN PRO impressions!

After more than 100 hours of playtime, I personally think the KZ ZSN PRO are a much needed improvement to the already popular original ZSN. If you want better accuracy in the lower bass, midrange, and treble with a V-shape premium signature, than you surely will fall in love with the ZSN's PRO version eliminating the slight harshness and sibilance that you might of had experienced from time to time bringing them to a more premium level.
Here's a closer look at my impressions chart...:spy:

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

NOTE: Top position will go towards PRO SOUND RATING (PSR)

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

KZ ZSN PRO
10mm Titanium Double Magnet DD's + KZ's exclusive 30095 BA Armatures with PRO tuning crossover network
PSR: 10
SS: Sonic and energetic sound with plenty of hi-end details, life-like MID's, and fast effortless deep and low sub-bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
OP: 7
OV: 10
COMMENTS: The ZSN PRO's are definitely a top-tier sounding IEM! The bass goes deeper with better control, while maintaining clearer vocals and hi-end details without sounding harsh or sibilant when compared to the original ZSN. At such a low price, they are a NO BRAINER!

KZ ZSN
10mm Titanium Film Drivers + KZ's exclusive 30095 BA Armatures
PSR: 9.8
SS: Sonic and energetic sound with plenty of hi-end details, life-like MID's, and fast effortless bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 10
COMMENTS: These are a good step up from your average V-shape sounding IEM's providing plenty of raw energy with a nice contoured fit and good looks to go with it. No doubt about it!...Simply irresistible!

Here are the ZSN PRO's in all its modified glory!
P_20190409_222739_1.jpgP_20190409_222739_1_1.jpgP_20190409_222007_2_1_1.jpgP_20190409_223305_1_1.jpgP_20190409_223332_1.jpg

Side to side comparison to the original ZSN...
P_20190409_224701_1.jpgP_20190409_224902_1.jpgP_20190409_224825_1.jpgP_20190409_224804_1.jpg

Glad to share my experience...:ok_hand:

To see more impressions, go to my profile at my homepage...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

-Clear

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #22,986 of 33,689
The Hisenior brand had experienced quite a hype a while ago but I have not heard of it recently. @loomisjohnson is giving us his opinion on the Hisenior B5.

aah....The B5+....still love it to this day. it's one of that iem that i might never sell again and keep it until it died on me

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #22,987 of 33,689
Finally, the KZ ZSN PRO impressions!

After more than 100 hours of playtime, I personally think the KZ ZSN PRO are a much needed improvement to the already popular original ZSN. If you want better accuracy in the lower bass, midrange, and treble with a V-shape premium signature, than you surely will fall in love with the ZSN's PRO version eliminating the slight harshness and sibilance that you might of had experienced from time to time bringing them to a more premium level.
Here's a closer look at my impressions chart...:spy:

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

NOTE: Top position will go towards PRO SOUND RATING (PSR)

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

KZ ZSN PRO
10mm Titanium Double Magnet DD's + KZ's exclusive 30095 BA Armatures with PRO tuning crossover network
PSR: 10
SS: Sonic and energetic sound with plenty of hi-end details, life-like MID's, and fast effortless deep and low sub-bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
COMMENTS: The ZSN PRO's are definitely a top-tier sounding IEM! The bass goes deeper with better control, while maintaining clearer vocals and hi-end details without sounding harsh or sibilant when compared to the original ZSN. At such a low price, they are a NO BRAINER!

KZ ZSN
10mm Titanium Film Drivers + KZ's exclusive 30095 BA Armatures
PSR: 9.8
SS: Sonic and energetic sound with plenty of hi-end details, life-like MID's, and fast effortless bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 10
COMMENTS: These are a good step up from your average V-shape sounding IEM's providing plenty of raw energy with a nice contoured fit and good looks to go with it. No doubt about it!...Simply irresistible!

Here are the ZSN PRO's in all its modified glory!

Side to side comparison to the original ZSN...

Glad to share my experience...:ok_hand:

To see more impressions, go to my profile at my homepage...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

-Clear

How do you compare with ****?
BTW, is **** neutral with an emphasis in sub bass?

Apr 15, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #22,989 of 33,689
How do you compare with ****?
BTW, is **** neutral with an emphasis in sub bass?
Yes, that is correct! ...Plus the **** can be bumped from neutral to a more balanced sound signature depending on your choice of aftermarket ear tips.

Now, comparing both the **** and the ZSN PRO; both has its unique qualities of sound. The **** has beautiful and detailed transparency, while the PRO's has crisp and detailed openness. The ZSN PRO performs with authority, while the **** seems to mezmorize in everyway. ...To say the least, they are both different in this aspect!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #22,990 of 33,689
I dont understand the difference between neutral and balanced.

Apr 16, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #22,991 of 33,689
Apr 16, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #22,992 of 33,689
Thanks for your comparison. I almost bought both the C16 and the ZS7at the recent Ali sale but decided to go in a different direction (Toneking Nine Tails). I am still tempted to get them...
You did great with going for 9T, it should be "best" out of those 3. Next stop -> Moondrop KPE :wink:
All this talk about Moondrop Kanas Pro got me curious, the graph is almost perfect, too, but on one aspect there's less information available - isolation. What's it like (with ZS4 and\or AS10 as reference, ideally)?
I find isolation very good but it depends on insertion depth, ear-canal size, tips being used.
I have small ears and ear-canals, so for me they sit deep but outer shell is not very tightly against outer ear cavities (due to lengthened tip), but good enough not to move and cause issues.
For me, certainly above moderate/average isolation... even better than ZS3/ZS4 despite latter having perfect fit for me, probably due to thick shell material (magnesium alloy vs. thin plastic).

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #22,993 of 33,689
Yes, that is correct! ...Plus the **** can be bumped from neutral to a more balanced sound signature depending on your choice of aftermarket ear tips.

Now, comparing both the **** and the ZSN PRO; both has its unique qualities of sound. The **** has beautiful and detailed transparency, while the PRO's has crisp and detailed openness. The ZSN PRO performs with authority, while the **** seems to mezmorize in everyway. ...To say the least, they are both different in this aspect!

Let me first say i really value you trying out all these new KZ and CCA releases, it's a very good incentive for others to try these iems (I have the ZSN and CCA 10 as well as a result). However, to me it feels like you have a tendency to add terms or descriptions to your posts for the sake of getting it to sound very descriptive and alluring, somewhat like a sales talk. I really do appreciate all the time and effort you put into reviews and in no way am I looking to offend you but I had to come out and say this as it has been bugging me when reading your posts.

I mean what's the difference between detailed transparancy and crips detailed openness? What does an IEM with authority even sound like, and does the ZSN pro not mesmorize? Similarly in your review you mention the ZSN pro sound is sonic and bass is effortless, even a fart may be described as sonic as long as its audibly noticable lol.
I get that sound is subjective but I find little value in overly descriptive sentences, it makes it harder to extract information I can interpret. I personally find value in: A has more detail retrieval than B; B has warmer vocals than A as a result of some midbleed; A is great for critical analytical listening but B may be more suited when you're looking for daily/transit usage, etc.

Again, I'm aware I contribute little myself and may sound like a backseat driver but regard this as constructive criticism, do with it what you will and above all keep it up :dt880smile:

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #22,994 of 33,689
Let me first say i really value you trying out all these new KZ and CCA releases, it's a very good incentive for others to try these iems (I have the ZSN and CCA 10 as well as a result). However, to me it feels like you have a tendency to add terms or descriptions to your posts for the sake of getting it to sound very descriptive and alluring, somewhat like a sales talk. I really do appreciate all the time and effort you put into reviews and in no way am I looking to offend you but I had to come out and say this as it has been bugging me when reading your posts.

I mean what's the difference between detailed transparancy and crips detailed openness? What does an IEM with authority even sound like, and does the ZSN pro not mesmorize? Similarly in your review you mention the ZSN pro sound is sonic and bass is effortless, even a fart may be described as sonic as long as its audibly noticable lol.
I get that sound is subjective but I find little value in overly descriptive sentences, it makes it harder to extract information I can interpret. I personally find value in: A has more detail retrieval than B; B has warmer vocals than A as a result of some midbleed; A is great for critical analytical listening but B may be more suited when you're looking for daily/transit usage, etc.

Again, I'm aware I contribute little myself and may sound like a backseat driver but regard this as constructive criticism, do with it what you will and above all keep it up :dt880smile:
LOL! Really?...It's just an impression! It wasn't really meant to be other than that. I'm really surprised you wrote such a long statement (almost as long as a decent review) just on criticizing the matter when you could of used that energy to write reviews yourself on helping a fellow or a lady out on purchasing their next IEM. It's very simple, if it bothered you, than you can just simply move on.
Just my honest opinion. :wink:
So, before you bash, check your own words... "crips detailed openness?" :smirk: That's definitely not what I wrote. Use your spell check! :spy:

Hopefully, your not looking to close this thread, this is not about you. OK? :ok_hand:

Let's move on...:writing_hand::slight_smile:

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #22,995 of 33,689

I agree with this. And many reviewrs do their reviews like this.
But at same time I understand, being reviewer is hard.
Anyway, in many points about description of ZSN vs. ZSN Pro I do not agree... like ZSN MID`s being "life-like" - heck no, far from it, imho. ZSN slightly harsh/sibilant- again, heck no, it is very much harsh!
But then again, everything is subjective and depends on many factors like, tips, fit, source, amping, brain-burn-in, genre preferences, hearing response etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back