Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 28, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #22,831 of 33,689
Didn’t I read somewhere that the M6 is not exactly the same as DMG, but rather their version? In other words, similar but not identical.

I could be wrong.

From what I read, they are exactly the same.

Does anyone know if those filters fit on anything else, like the KZ ED9 or Magaosi K3?

Hmm good question, if I buy them I'll see if they fit on my ED9, and if they do they'd probably sound similarly close to the brass filters.

Edit: Oh never mind.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #22,832 of 33,689
From what I read, they are exactly the same.

Hmm good question, if I buy them I'll see if they fit on my ED9, and if they do they'd probably sound similarly close to the brass filters.

Edit: Oh never mind.
1. DMG and M6 are most likely technically identical
2. Filter fit between M6 and ED9: will have to try....the M6 are presently with Biodegraded.
3. Filters are for sure exchangeable between M6 and DMG....as I have third-party filters on my M6 designed for the DMG.

Mar 28, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #22,833 of 33,689
ye Yye... bla bla... here we go again...

Why did You even buy them? Reviewing? You haven`t found Your personal subjective "holy grail" IEM?

Well I've been wanting to buy them for quite some time after reading everyone's reviews and testimonies on them, I was thinking maybe I'll buy them later this year, but then the AE antislavery sale happened and I got the price down to US $81, the deal was too good to miss. Currently my daily driver is the QT2 and the left side is slowly decreasing in volume, so I wanted to find a new daily driver. I thought about buying another $50 mid-tier chi-fi (**** V2 maybe) but I feel that I won't be too blown away by them. For example, I recently bought the **** **** but they turned out not to be the sound I was looking for (now I know that neutral really isn't my thing). So quite frankly I'm tired of gambling in the $50 chi-fi arena, I want to invest in something that I know it'll be worth buying.

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #22,834 of 33,689
1. DMG and M6 are most likely technically identical
2. Filter fit between M6 and ED9: will have to try....the M6 are presently with Biodegraded.
3. Filters are for sure exchangeable between M6 and DMG....as I have third-party filters on my M6 designed for the DMG.
All the dmg/m6 filters also fit all the LZ/semkarch earphones too. Just FYI in case any one cared.

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #22,835 of 33,689
Well I've been wanting to buy them for quite some time after reading everyone's reviews and testimonies on them, I was thinking maybe I'll buy them later this year, but then the AE antislavery sale happened and I got the price down to US $81, the deal was too good to miss. Currently my daily driver is the QT2 and the left side is slowly decreasing in volume, so I wanted to find a new daily driver. I thought about buying another $50 mid-tier chi-fi (**** V2 maybe) but I feel that I won't be too blown away by them. For example, I recently bought the **** **** but they turned out not to be the sound I was looking for (now I know that neutral really isn't my thing). So quite frankly I'm tired of gambling in the $50 chi-fi arena, I want to invest in something that I know it'll be worth buying.
Price is outstanding (for the M6 that is), imaging is great too, but you have to like a soft low end. And for most other earphones you mentioned I am sitting out from some threads for lifetime :). And if you don't want to gamble, get an earphone from an experienced brand...such as the Sennheiser ie40 Pro (everything well thought out in this one).

I am presently weeping over some multi-drivers that cost a lot of money and are totally incoherent sounding. The race for market share correlated with number of drivers results in prematurely marketed models. Gambling is getting increasingly expensive. As a reviewer, I am getting more and more into consumer advocacy.

Caution is advised.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #22,836 of 33,689
OK, I ripped the metal screens from the rather bassy iBasso IT01 as recommended by @CoiL (I already used wide-bore tips).

The effects -- nicely visualized by the graphs:
1. Bass almost unaltered, as expected.
2. Upper midrange and particularly lower treble increased [dampening removed]...and both peaks moved slightly to the left.
3. In terms of sound, since we hear the whole frequency spectrum in context: bass appears less prominent (but isn't) and the sound has become treble forward and brighter.
4. This make the sound more lively and clear but the treble spike may be fatiguing.
5. I may apply some micropore tape to tame that 4.5 kHz peak a bit [instructions here].

I did the same experimentally with the Brainwavz Delta: it had such a narrow treble spike out of the box, but removing it really killed much of its life. We confirm: a small lower-treble spike can provide much brightness and "carbonation".

You find all that stuff pooled in the green blog.

RHIWqAYl.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #22,838 of 33,689
I am presently weeping over some multi-drivers that cost a lot of money and are totally incoherent sounding. The race for market share correlated with number of drivers results in prematurely marketed models. Gambling is getting increasingly expensive. As a reviewer, I am getting more and more into consumer advocacy.

Caution is advised.

Yup, I may as well just end my hi-fi journey at the M6 and just stick back to the ultra budget IEMs for hobby purposes.

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #22,839 of 33,689
FWIW the DMG/LZ/M6 filters are not the same size as the ED9 filters, I just tried to put one of the DMG filters on my ED9 but the DMG filter is slightly larger.

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #22,840 of 33,689
Yup, I may as well just end my hi-fi journey at the M6 and just stick back to the ultra budget IEMs for hobby purposes.
I haven't seen it myself but there appears to be a strong polarization on the cheaper piezoelectric earphone of two...which I am highly impressed by.

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #22,842 of 33,689
Mar 29, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #22,844 of 33,689
I started the long overdue thread: General IEM Measurements Discussions

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/general-iem-measurements-discussions.903455/

The thread is dedicated to frequency responses (and other) measurements of earphones by any Head-Fi member, using any technique and/or software! It also serves the discussion of rig setup and equipment such as couplers, microphones etc. It further encourages the discussion and exchange of compensation spreadsheets. And it promotes discussion of the tricky correlation of measurements and sound quality. Last but not least, Head-Fiers can show the visualizations of their modding steps and results as well as production flaws (e.g. miswiring and channel imbalances).

Go crazy folks!

Mar 29, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #22,845 of 33,689
I placed an order for Shozy Hibiki SE. Ive been interested about the normal version for a while but everyone seems to say that SE is superior so why not. :p I might write a review if they end up being decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back