Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 2, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #22,863 of 33,689
Has anyone here heard the HiFi Boy OE 8 and can you give us some impressions?
I compare the OE8 with the Campfire Andromeda in my review. Punchy bass, energetic midrange and clean extended treble. Cheers!

photo_2018-11-07_20-43-28-2.jpg

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #22,869 of 33,689
My take on a single DD dinosaur: the Brainwavz Delta...surviving generations of their BA brothers and sisters. It is a good and cheap one...

Head-Fi | the green blog

[still can't set links to the green blog]

That is that is the only Brainwavz IEM I have I like it. I got it last summer during an Amazon UK lightning deal. Mine is black with a black cable. There is a bit of red on the end (where yours is black).

I wanted to get a B100 but it was discontinued when I looked for it.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #22,870 of 33,689
That is that is the only Brainwavz IEM I have I like it. I got it last summer during an Amazon UK lightning deal. Mine is black with a black cable. There is a bit of red on the end (where yours is black).

I wanted to get a B100 but it was discontinued when I looked for it.
I agree with you that many earphones don't need a comparison section, the Delta certainly does not as long as it is described well: it is what it is. Comparisons may be useful if there is a tight competition such as in the $150 multis class.

The B100 is great in that it fits well and sounds somewhat lean...the identical B200 v1. is even two classes better...both are jewels. I see tons of B100s on ebay at reasonable prices. Would buy it again any day.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #22,871 of 33,689
I agree with you that many earphones don't need a comparison section, the Delta certainly does not as long as it is described well: it is what it is. Comparisons may be useful if there is a tight competition such as in the $150 multis class.

The B100 is great in that it fits well and sounds somewhat lean...the identical B200 v1. is even two classes better...both are jewels. I see tons of B100s on ebay at reasonable prices. Would buy it again any day.

Did I say something about not needing comparisons? I like comparisons. It is graphs that I personally do not need.

I am afraid to look on ebay for iems... if they are used... seems kind of gross unless I know the person. As for the B200, it was only the first version that I was interested in and those are discontinued as well.

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #22,872 of 33,689
Did I say something about not needing comparisons? I like comparisons. It is graphs that I personally do not need.

I am afraid to look on ebay for iems... if they are used... seems kind of gross unless I know the person. As for the B200, it was only the first version that I was interested in and those are discontinued as well.
I remember you saying that you didn't need comparisons a while ago. Or did I cite you wrong? Somebody came up with a review scheme that includes packaging, still life photos, and these comparisons...and many if not most others on Head-Fi and related blogs followed suit.

Picture we did a vacuum-cleaner review and described the styrofoam padding in the box, put it on a tree for photos, and compared different models in how they sucked...hey, the last one applies to earphones, too :).

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #22,873 of 33,689
I remember you saying that you didn't need comparisons a while ago. Or did I cite you wrong?

Wasn't me. Comparisons have helped me make choices. It is graphs that I don't need. I don't even try to read them. I look at them and "hear " nothing.

Apr 4, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #22,874 of 33,689
I glaze over when graphs come out...I just listen....are graphs reliable?

My DT6s are perfect...the first time I listened to them I thought they were bogus but as always, at least for me, I let them listen to tv for a couple days and that whipped them into shape. I didn’t do it too long, $20ish bucks for some stellar sound is pretty amazing.

Hey I bought second hand M6’s any tips from you folks before they show up in a couple days?

Apr 4, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #22,875 of 33,689

I could not agree more. For me comparison to other products that I'm familiar with is the most valuable part of a review. I'd even go as far as saying that a review without a comparison section with something that I'm familiar with is of no interest for me. As for graphs I'm pretty luke warm, especially these days when everyone has their own unknown measuring equipment and people tend to compare graphs from different sources without understanding a damn thing....

Just my very personal opinions :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back