Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 29, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #22,846 of 33,692
Here my take on the excellent Pioneer CH3 single microdriver earphones (you know where to find it). I paid $22 CAD -- why pay more?

pioneer.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #22,848 of 33,692
Mar 29, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #22,849 of 33,692
visions.ca ...they have the craziest sales right out of the blue: https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=0&productId=45821&sku=SECH3TB

Right now they are too expensive...you often get them for $28 there.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to keep an eye out for prices. I'm much more interested in these for $22 than anything in the chi-fi market right now. I was considering the **** but I'm not sure what to make of people's comments. Some strong comments pro and a few strong comments against.

Mar 30, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #22,850 of 33,692
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to keep an eye out for prices. I'm much more interested in these for $22 than anything in the chi-fi market right now. I was considering the **** but I'm not sure what to make of people's comments. Some strong comments pro and a few strong comments against.
Same here. The mentioned piezos are actually really good - can you please point me to the contrary opinions in a pm. I have a pair here fore review. The other good cheapo are the old Brainwavz Deltas (review coming up) which you can pick up at $20 CAD from amazon.ca. The Delta's measurements are already in my blog's database. Another good one is the Japanese Alpex HSE A-2000 (ebay: $30-40)...one of my favs are the Hifi Walker A1 after a simple mod. And my current love are the Sennheiser ie40 Pro which are homogeneous through their sound, materials, build, fit, comfort...to even their packaging design...and I am not known for my interest in packaging. That hole presentation should be the standard to follow.

All of these are single DDs.

As to the Chifi hybrids...I am afraid there may be a few very harsh reviews coming up on the green blog as some of them don't deliver the sound quality you expect at the price.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #22,851 of 33,692

Same here. The mentioned piezos are actually really good - can you please point me to the contrary opinions in a pm. I have a pair here fore review. The other good cheapo are the old Brainwavz Deltas (review coming up) which you can pick up at $20 CAD from amazon.ca. The Delta's measurements are already in my blog's database. Another good one is the Japanese Alpex HSE A-2000 (ebay: $30-40)...one of my favs are the Hifi Walker A1 after a simple mod. And my current love are the Sennheiser ie40 Pro which are homogeneous through their sound, materials, build, fit, comfort...to even their packaging design...and I am not known for my interest in packaging. That hole presentation should be the standard to follow.

All of these are single DDs.

As to the Chifi hybrids...I am afraid there may be a few very harsh reviews coming up on the green blog as some of them don't deliver the sound quality you expect at the price.

my first impressions on THAT https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1141#post-14867123

I guess I'll keep them for their uniqueness of semi open back design which make great soundstage and airy, clear mids, value point - despite of bassy mid bass, too much coloration (especially on highs) that made tonality is off.

Mar 31, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #22,852 of 33,692
I am getting progressively frustrated with the ever pricier hybrids. Great designs, beautiful CnC machine builds, but incohesive, unbalanced sounds. As a reviewer, my first question always is "would I pay the asking price myself"...and quite frankly, I would not in many if not most recent cases.

My colleague Biodegraded just added another one of these disappointing candidates to the green blog.

We are aware that the manufacturers and sellers submit their specimens for review hoping to increase sales, and many reviewers all over the net find kind words even for substandard iems to stay on their good side. We are only interested in the quality of the product and express this very clearly in our careful and well-documented reviews (and our popular disclaimer) -- even with the consequence that some marketing departments will look for reviewers elsewhere in the future.

Many of these models could be better if they hadn't been thrown onto the market prematurely.

Don't forget: it is you who pays the price in the end.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #22,855 of 33,692
Apr 1, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #22,856 of 33,692
Apr 1, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #22,857 of 33,692
Apr 1, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #22,859 of 33,692
Around 650 USD - Should be interesting to this thread, it is mainly sold in Asia right now :)
Yes it does look and sound promising. I have my eyes on these, just waiting to demo before i decide.

Apr 1, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #22,860 of 33,692
Excellent review... I think you and I hear the Oxygen much the same.
Thank you! Appreciate it a lot. I really like how the Oxygen is tuned. Bass is defined without aggression, midrange is bodied and it is not too laid-back, treble is controlled with sparkle, soundstage is big. Really musical with emotions expressed well. Enjoy your Oxygen! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back