Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 15, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #22,606 of 33,689
Yes, it's very good for the price.
...that`s being said infinite times in these threads.
I take it as "it`s typical chi-fi sounding and higher priced (20-30$ higher) hyped IEMs still beat it"
So, makes me think why I would want to buy these?

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #22,607 of 33,689
I feel the NiceHCK N3 is a sound signature that one has to get used to as it is different due to the materials used. I actually like them and find them very comfortable. I had the same experience when first listening to Electrostatic headphones and thought they sounded strange until my mind adjusted and now love them

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #22,608 of 33,689
...that`s being said infinite times in these threads.
I take it as "it`s typical chi-fi sounding and higher priced (20-30$ higher) hyped IEMs still beat it"
So, makes me think why I would want to buy these?
This recent concept of "typical chi-fi" doesn't make any sense to me. There are as many different signatures in Chi-Fi as any other market. I'd say the QT5 performs above its price point and can compete with a lot of other IEMs up to $50. What makes you think why you would want to buy these? I don't know - you seem to mod everything you get anyway in an apparent effort to make them sound the way you think they should. Similar to people who feel the need to EQ everything IMO. I will be doing a full review soon but I'm sure others will receive theirs and give impressions before then.

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #22,609 of 33,689
I feel the NiceHCK N3 is a sound signature that one has to get used to as it is different due to the materials used. I actually like them and find them very comfortable. I had the same experience when first listening to Electrostatic headphones and thought they sounded strange until my mind adjusted and now love them
well, you're one of the guys i got to for validation (i have few original opinions of my own), so i'm gonna make the effort with the n3. i do concur that the fit is great and they are very comfortable--i wish kz and bqeyz used that design

Mar 15, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #22,610 of 33,689
This recent concept of "typical chi-fi" doesn't make any sense to me. There are as many different signatures in Chi-Fi as any other market. I'd say the QT5 performs above its price point and can compete with a lot of other IEMs up to $50. What makes you think why you would want to buy these? I don't know - you seem to mod everything you get anyway in an apparent effort to make them sound the way you think they should. Similar to people who feel the need to EQ everything IMO. I will be doing a full review soon but I'm sure others will receive theirs and give impressions before then.
Then why won`t You just say that they perform above their price and just politely say for the price? It sounds like cliche of chi-fi.
And why are You so "touched" by my modding skills, experience and knowledge? Some use EQ, I don`t. And when I know how to make them better for my subjective taste, I will. Never said those improvements will apply for everyone else too :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #22,611 of 33,689
Yes, it's very good for the price.
I am also still struggling with the frequently used forced relationship between sound quality and price. Ears don't know pricing. I enjoy my $22 Pioneer CH3 which are good sounding and therefore constitute a good value.

Mar 15, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #22,612 of 33,689
Then why won`t You just say that they perform above they price and just politely say for the price? It sounds like cliche of chi-fi.
And why are You so "touched" by my modding skills, experience and knowledge? Some use EQ, I don`t. And when I know how to make them better for my subjective taste, I will. Never said those improvements will apply for everyone else too :wink:
Because it's not my job to say what you want me to. If you're unsatisfied with my comments
I am also still struggling with the frequently used forced relationship between sound quality and price. Ears don't know pricing. I enjoy my $22 Pioneer CH3 which are good sounding and therefore constitute a good value.
Not sure what you're trying to say. Good for the price/good value pretty much the same thing unless you just want to be pedantic. Ears don't know pricing but wallets screw**g do.

Mar 15, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #22,613 of 33,689
Because it's not my job to say what you want me to. If you're unsatisfied with my comments

Not sure what you're trying to say. Good for the price/good value pretty much the same thing unless you just want to be pedantic. Ears don't know pricing but wallets screw**g do.
I am not listening with my wallet...:wink: The @HungryPanda gave me some of his DIY earbuds that sound amazing...and I don't know their price at all. But they still sound amazing. And since my cost was zero, the sound quality for the price must go towards infinite whereas that's not the case for the buyer...and this difference applies to the same earbud.

Or did I read too much Einstein this morning?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #22,616 of 33,689
Look, my comment was not aimed for You but to gazillion comments like that about gazillion products like that. For me that equals as another average chi-fi product that most of us actually do not want or need and it took me long way unfortunately to understand that.
Ears don't know pricing but wallets screw**g do.
And that`s why the screw it is rather more sensible to keep away from buying such "very good for the price" gear as one still wants something better and stays in "never-ending circle" of such average mediocre IEMs, instead keeping all that money spent and going for something with long-time approval and loads of reviews, for example Tin T2/T3 or other higher priced wide approval IEMs.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #22,617 of 33,689
It is my belief that price is relative to an individual’s perception:

https://www.adweek.com/brand-market...o-see-how-much-people-would-pay-for-20-shoes/

I know Beats are a bad analogy when talking about audio products, but the fact that they cost ~$13 to manufacture yet sell for $300+ goes to show that you can’t really use the retail price as some sort of predictor of build quality or sound quality.

This is also unbelievably true in the fine jewelry business, whether it’s talking about watches or diamonds.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #22,618 of 33,689

Nothing wrong with what you're saying (but you know that already!), as any review of a product has to be within the context of its price. It would be bloody ridiculous if it wasn't.

Don't bite, that's what they want!

Mar 15, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #22,619 of 33,689
The price reference is changing all the time, mainly in that we get more technology for our money but not necessarily better sound. But I find it impossible to distinguish a $200 treble from a $300 treble, especially when the $300 treble goes on sale or drops to $200.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #22,620 of 33,689
The price reference is changing all the time, mainly in that we get more technology for our money but not necessarily better sound. But I find it impossible to distinguish a $200 treble from a $300 treble, especially when the $300 treble goes on sale or drops to $200.

Can't argue with that tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back