Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 15, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #22,621 of 33,689
Look, my comment was not aimed for You but to gazillion comments like that about gazillion products like that. For me that equals as another average chi-fi product that most of us actually do not want or need and it took me long way unfortunately to understand that.

And that`s why the screw it is rather more sensible to keep away from buying such "very good for the price" gear as one still wants something better and stays in "never-ending circle" of such average mediocre IEMs, instead keeping all that money spent and going for something with long-time approval and loads of reviews, for example Tin T2/T3 or other higher priced wide approval IEMs.

Even though sometimes @CoiL posted sharp or sibilances comments, but he got his point right in my opinion, a lot of people keep buying "good iem - for the price" which is mean, for budget limited is good, but for overall , compared to $100 or $200 or $300 iems they're just average.
But sometimes there are people who cant afford pricier iem, so they need a good review of budget friendly iems, thats why they need suggestions from a person who has listened to wide variety of budget iems. There are some of us even have budget to spend, but want to limit our buys. Or there are some people who just jumped in into audiophile world, still want to find their preference signature, so these budget iems are like a jumping stone for them. There are people who like to collect many chifi iems for collection as a hobby. There is nothing wrong too.

unless...

They want to find really good or better iem, they need to go higher tier, instead of keep buying these budget iems, because hoping to find better class iem at same price category will take a long journey, years maybe. A lot of people are scared to waste their money so they keep buy another budget friendly iem. If youre the one who want to try really a better iem, you can step up. hold, dont buy anymore budget iem, save up your money, when the time is right you can buy 1 very great iem and you will feel different experience. The clarity that you feel that is the best you've ever heard in budget item is actually just average compared to your new upper tier iem, you will know when youre get there, nobody can explain how it feels.

The one I cant take are too hyperbole hyped, saying "this soundstage is reallyyy huuugeeeee" or something like that but when other experienced user try, its just a meh or average. I guess they never have better tier iem. "My $45 XXXX can fight $300 iems!" maybe yes at some point can fight against bad $300 iem, or overpriced branded one. But if you compared to very good $150, definitely it cant stand.

The price reference is changing all the time, mainly in that we get more technology for our money but not necessarily better sound. But I find it impossible to distinguish a $200 treble from a $300 treble, especially when the $300 treble goes on sale or drops to $200.

This is very true, but trebles are very hard to tell unless theyre very big in differences, bass is different case with technical abilities like clarity, soundstage, imaging, etc.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #22,622 of 33,689
**** **** is an amazing IEM. If you can enter your "headspace" with these, all the details are there. I could hear tape flutter, I could hear backing click tracks before vocals kick in...stuff like that. Stuff that usually gets masked if you are just sitting back and listening. All in a very natural sounding environment. Good stuff. Big and gorgeous sounding.

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #22,623 of 33,689
This is very true, but trebles are very hard to tell unless theyre very big in differences, bass is different case with technical abilities like clarity, soundstage, imaging, etc.
I totally agree, I just wanted to lead this ad absurdum :).

Mar 16, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #22,625 of 33,689
I totally agree, I just wanted to lead this ad absurdum :).

It's not ridiculous to state something is good for its price though...

If someone only has £30 to spend and they are reading a review, that statement implies that.in the opinion of that reviewer, they are going to be hard pressed to find a better iem within their budget.

That person wouldn't care about how its sonic performance is less than something twice the cost, because as @crabdog said their wallet would!

I know some of us care, but we're not normal!

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #22,627 of 33,689
This is very true, but trebles are very hard to tell unless theyre very big in differences, bass is different case with technical abilities like clarity, soundstage, imaging, etc

The price reference is changing all the time, mainly in that we get more technology for our money but not necessarily better sound. But I find it impossible to distinguish a $200 treble from a $300 treble, especially when the $300 treble goes on sale or drops to $200.

am i the only one that think that the treble quality is easier to distinguish between budget and above tier earphones? in fact the reason i stopped collecting budget iems and earbuds is because most of them have the tendencies to hurt my ears because of the treble.

bass on the other hand, even if an earphone sounded "uncooked" at the bass, as long as i can hear the fundamentals, I'm okay with it.

as technical abilities goes (clarity, soundstage, separation, etc) are impacted by the whole spectrum from bass to treble, depends on the reverb sounds, effects, etc of the song...and those also (for me) are easier to spot depends on the mids and treble quality of the earphones.

Mar 16, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #22,628 of 33,689
am i the only one that think that the treble quality is easier to distinguish between budget and above tier earphones? in fact the reason i stopped collecting budget iems and earbuds is because most of them have the tendencies to hurt my ears because of the treble.

bass on the other hand, even if an earphone sounded "uncooked" at the bass, as long as i can hear the fundamentals, I'm okay with it.

as technical abilities goes (clarity, soundstage, separation, etc) are impacted by the whole spectrum from bass to treble, depends on the reverb sounds, effects, etc of the song...and those also (for me) are easier to spot depends on the mids and treble quality of the earphones.

youre right, if jumping up from budget iems, treble on sub 100 iems have tendency to be harsh or sibilance or aggresive, on higher tier definitely smooth but still details. Same about mid and bass. but once on higher tier it become harder to differentiate, because there is only refinement a little by a little in trade with high upgrade cost.
@Otto Motor said on treble $200 vs $300 iems, so in this case became harder to compare unless youre really A-B ing them and focus on that highs area. Different people hears differently though so yeah for my case I can distinguish bass easily, or I can say im rather picky about bass. Even that good Kanas Pro bass its great for me but not perfect (8 out of 10 for me). EX1000 bass for DD is top tier for me (9.5 out of 10 for me), and Andromeda for BA bass can be same tier but i still prefer DD bass. I've yet to hear better TOTL tier like sony Z1R or 64's U12t or Jomo Flamenco, I believe they are better.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #22,630 of 33,689
Listened to the **** a while again today with a new cable, but something is not right with my iPhone X or lightning audio connector I think. It acts as if I press play the pause button the entire time. Very annoying.

The **** still nailed songs of a few of my favorite singer songwriters though, with a natural and detailed sound.

Because of the connection problems, I switched to my wireless QCY QS1 and then it finally struck me, why I cannot get so raving enthusiast about the **** as most of you do.

It’s the tonality of the QCY! My favorite singer songwriter sounded even more natural on the QS1, with vocals a bit more upfront and resolving even more minor details as guitar string pulling and environment noise in the recording. I can't believe how good it is on an iPhone. The tonality, the balance, the bass that never overpowers. Yes, soundstage is way smaller than ****, but it's okay for me. A MH755 achievement in truly wireless earphones.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #22,631 of 33,689
youre right, if jumping up from budget iems, treble on sub 100 iems have tendency to be harsh or sibilance or aggresive, on higher tier definitely smooth but still details. Same about mid and bass. but once on higher tier it become harder to differentiate, because there is only refinement a little by a little in trade with high upgrade cost.
@Otto Motor said on treble $200 vs $300 iems, so in this case became harder to compare unless youre really A-B ing them and focus on that highs area. Different people hears differently though so yeah for my case I can distinguish bass easily, or I can say im rather picky about bass. Even that good Kanas Pro bass its great for me but not perfect (8 out of 10 for me). EX1000 bass for DD is top tier for me (9.5 out of 10 for me), and Andromeda for BA bass can be same tier but i still prefer DD bass. I've yet to hear better TOTL tier like sony Z1R or 64's U12t or Jomo Flamenco, I believe they are better.

true. sub 100 for me the race for them is on the treble. once they passed that, i agree with you the race then shifted to resolution of the mids and bass, which would show on their technical capabilities (like staging, and separation).
once they went multi drivers, the race is on coherence between the drivers.

i have sought the EX1000 like holy grail, only to be underwhelmed because i already have better sounding earphones in my possession compared to it. to this day, the Standard Kanas (not the pro) is still the best single DD iem and has better bass than the EX. the EX1000 specialty compared to other iems is it's huge soundstage. Earbuds that i have easily beats it with ease.

i personally prefer BA bass because it is more precise in notes presentations and speed. although yes, the DD has a more visceral bass presentation and more "correct" when you compare it to the feeling and sound of a real bass amplifiers.
but listening to a whole mix, BA bass is more "correct" for me because it is closer to the feeling and sound of a mixing room monitor.
but DD is still more fun, so it's good to have both as options :dt880smile:. for BA bass, i like the DM6 and the Eternal Melody EM2 that i have

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #22,632 of 33,689
Listened to the **** a while again today with a new cable, but something is not right with my iPhone X or lightning audio connector I think. It acts as if I press play the pause button the entire time. Very annoying.

The **** still nailed songs of a few of my favorite singer songwriters though, with a natural and detailed sound.

Because of the connection problems, I switched to my wireless QCY QS1 and then it finally struck me, why I cannot get so raving enthusiast about the **** as most of you do.

It’s the tonality of the QCY! My favorite singer songwriter sounded even more natural on the QS1, with vocals a bit more upfront and resolving even more minor details as guitar string pulling and environment noise in the recording. I can't believe how good it is on an iPhone. The tonality, the balance, the bass that never overpowers. Yes, soundstage is way smaller than ****, but it's okay for me. A MH755 achievement in truly wireless earphones.

listen to this with the T1C: each kick literally vibrate to the brain! and not in a "brutal pounding" way, but a great vibration one. even at low volume it can be felt.
the T1C has the deepest and best subbass presentation of all TWS and wired IEMs and earbuds that I've tried (wait, i haven't compare it to the Kanas yet, so stay tuned :ksc75smile:)
The TFZ King Pro also does this, but still bleeds to the midbass too much that prolonged listening made me nauseous.

ooh, i use a wide bore eartips with my T1C. it really let loose all it's capabilities

Mar 16, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #22,635 of 33,689

listen to this with the T1C: each kick literally vibrate to the brain! and not in a "brutal pounding" way, but a great vibration one. even at low volume it can be felt.
the T1C has the deepest and best subbass presentation of all TWS and wired IEMs and earbuds that I've tried (wait, i haven't compare it to the Kanas yet, so stay tuned :ksc75smile:)
The TFZ King Pro also does this, but still bleeds to the midbass too much that prolonged listening made me nauseous.

ooh, i use a wide bore eartips with my T1C. it really let loose all it's capabilities

I can’t wait for mine to come!

I like the TRN BT20, but after a few hours it starts getting painful to wear. I don’t know if it’s because I wear glasses, or if it’s the preformed ear guides putting pressure on my ears.

So I’m hoping the T1C/QS1 will provide all the benefits with none of the downsides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back