Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 16, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #22,636 of 33,689
I can’t wait for mine to come!

I like the TRN BT20, but after a few hours it starts getting painful to wear. I don’t know if it’s because I wear glasses, or if it’s the preformed ear guides putting pressure on my ears.

So I’m hoping the T1C/QS1 will provide all the benefits with none of the downsides.

Did you try re-shaping the ear guides? I did with mine to better fit my ears with a heat gun (that and rotating the mmcx connectors to face down).

EDIT: if you are going to do this be aware it takes a while for the heat to fully penetrate the stiffer inner guide tube. So be prepared to take a several minutes a side so you don't overheat them either, the outer sheathing can warp if so. Also be careful to not heat up the body where the electronics/battery reside :wink: .

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #22,637 of 33,689

I like the TRN BT20, but after a few hours it starts getting painful to wear. I don’t know if it’s because I wear glasses, or if it’s the preformed ear guides putting pressure on my ears.

So I’m hoping the T1C/QS1 will provide all the benefits with none of the downsides.

I wrote about that T1c in this thread maybe before its hyped, the one that i bought "accidentally" for my wife because she just want something tws, so i just blindfolded grab the cheapest one and i was surprised wow its like the MH755 of the TWS!
I havent buy it for myself, even though they already use BT 5.0 but still the batt capacity only capable until 3 hours

Mar 16, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #22,638 of 33,689

The design of TRN BT 20 is faulty and is not meant to be worn for long periods. I don't wear glasses and it starts getting painful for me after a while too. I'm really disappointed with my unit. Perhaps as @assassin10000 suggested, we need to re-shape the earguides.

Mar 16, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #22,639 of 33,689
I wrote about that T1c in this thread maybe before its hyped, the one that i bought "accidentally" for my wife because she just want something tws, so i just blindfolded grab the cheapest one and i was surprised wow its like the MH755 of the TWS!
I havent buy it for myself, even though they already use BT 5.0 but still the batt capacity only capable until 3 hours

I'm using it with note 8 (supposed to support usb 5.0) and it can go past the 4 hours mark. haven't done the complete drain test yet though

Mar 16, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #22,640 of 33,689

Interested in what you think. Im on the fence about ordering one for my wife. Just ordered the little Mahdi Bluetooth mp3 player for $20 after coupons, and think that would be a killer setup for her workouts.
mahdi.jpg.png

Mar 17, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #22,641 of 33,689
The design of TRN BT 20 is faulty and is not meant to be worn for long periods. I don't wear glasses and it starts getting painful for me after a while too. I'm really disappointed with my unit. Perhaps as @assassin10000 suggested, we need to re-shape the earguides.

Probably so then. I've worn mine for 6-7 hours at a time, more than once. I don't wear glasses either... but I have used them with sunglasses on.

Mar 17, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #22,642 of 33,689
On the subject of BA bass, I find myself curious but given I've got what for me is a surfeit of IEMs (and the CCA C10 is now my primary travel "headphones" to boot) I also find myself feeling rather frugal. There any reasonably good all-BA (one or plural, not fussy) IEMs below the KZ AS06 in price? Optimally in the <=15$ range but that's not a hard cap... Skimmed back several pages and didn't spot anything, but I also wasn't reading every post in-depth.

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #22,644 of 33,689
any short review or initial impressions i can checkout?
First of all the build is fantastic and comfortable in my ears too. It has a nice cable although the wire is a bit thin above the Y-split. In terms of sound, it's much better than I was expecting. Bass is tight and punchy with moderate quantity. Mids are smooth and clear with good tone. The lower treble is a bit forward but it's not too bright or abrasive. Detail retrieval is very good too. It's not perfect but is easily one of the better IEMs I've heard around the $20 mark.

Mar 17, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #22,645 of 33,689
First of all the build is fantastic and comfortable in my ears too. It has a nice cable although the wire is a bit thin above the Y-split. In terms of sound, it's much better than I was expecting. Bass is tight and punchy with moderate quantity. Mids are smooth and clear with good tone. The lower treble is a bit forward but it's not too bright or abrasive. Detail retrieval is very good too. It's not perfect but is easily one of the better IEMs I've heard around the $20 mark.
$20? i checked in aliexpress. its more exp than that..

Mar 17, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #22,646 of 33,689
I think you compared it to the first kinera idun and not the deluxe one? I heard the deluxe one has more natural and thicker vocals but wanted your confirmation.

I don't have the Idun Deluxe version now, thus - cannot compare. Only regular Idun

It definitely does though. It’s a wonderful IEM

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #22,647 of 33,689
Wait, which IEM are we talking about here? :)

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #22,649 of 33,689
Did you try re-shaping the ear guides? I did with mine to better fit my ears with a heat gun (that and rotating the mmcx connectors to face down).

No, I did not try that. I wasn’t sure if it was possible. It felt like there was a stiff plastic rod inside, so I wasn’t sure it could be reshaped. I had tried to get a fellow member’s dead BT20 so I could dissect it and see how it was designed inside (then determine if/how I could reshape mine), but the deal fell through.

So you’re saying it can just be reshaped with heat (like a hair dryer or heat gun)? That’s really good news!

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #22,650 of 33,689
Interested in what you think. Im on the fence about ordering one for my wife. Just ordered the little Mahdi Bluetooth mp3 player for $20 after coupons, and think that would be a killer setup for her workouts.

For $20 I’d be willing to give that a try. For workouts and cycling I love my iPod nano 6G and Sansa Clip+ because they’re so small and light with a built in clip.

Years ago I even wore the iPod as a watch, and ran attached the IEM cable up my sleeve so it was super stealth with dress clothes.

So yeah thanks I’ll take a look at that mahdi. I also need to take a closer look at the Shanling m0 as it looks really small like that. I don’t know all of its features and exact size though, so I’ll figure all that out when I dig deeper into the specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back