Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 28, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #22,351 of 33,689
While we're on the subject I'll chime in... I'm still pretty mad about the T2 Pro as well. :smile:

I still don’t know what they were thinking on the Pro.

Doing the opposite of what everyone was asking for would basically be like KZ releasing a cable where the y split is so low it’s 1” away from the 3.5mm plug, AND the entire length of the cable is 1 giant memory wire.

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #22,352 of 33,689
I’m taking one for the team. Ordered the Crescent....not the Moondrop Crescent, but the Faaeal Cresent which is a single APET Dynamic driver configuration. $25, no reviews. I thought it might be interesting as I like the driver in the EP10 NiceHck and thought it might be similar but in a different form factor. Offered in two disgusting colors: brass and pinkish brass.

Thanks for taking one for the team!

Faaeal Does make some good stuff. Their Snow Lotus and Datura-X earbuds are very well regarded.

I make a prediction based on this promo image:

A56F40D9-0232-4B63-9860-F51143101F76.jpeg

I read that as meaning boom boom boom bass.

Although I do like the EP10. How did you find out it uses the same driver? I wonder if Faaeal made the EP10 for NiceHCK? It even uses the same cable.

I actually kinda like the brass shell. I wonder if it’s real brass, or a cheaper metal like zinc colored to look brass?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #22,353 of 33,689
Thanks for taking one for the team!

Faaeal Does make some good stuff. Their Snow Lotus and Datura-X earbuds are very well regarded.

I make a prediction based on this promo image:

I read that as meaning boom boom boom bass.

Although I do like the EP10. How did you find out it uses the same driver? I wonder if Faaeal made the EP10 for NiceHCK? It even uses the same cable.

I actually kinda like the brass shell. I wonder if it’s real brass, or a cheaper metal like zinc colored to look brass?
They both use a PET type driver ( a poly) which usually has a good bass (so this promo makes sense). It probably is not the exact same driver (who knows), but I really liked the very good full range of the EP10 and it's natural sound. I've got the Datura X earbuds, and I really like that too. I also like the "Faaeal" tuning, which is usually kinda open sounding. Hoping my instincts are right and it's got a bit of that in it.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #22,355 of 33,689
Busted out the TinHiFi T1 today for a listen and... it's too bad they never really took off. Such a silky smooth, easygoing sound. Plus it's got some extra guts in the low end that the T2 was missing.

Is fit awkward/shallow on those? I seem to remember that being a complaint due to the flat body.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #22,356 of 33,689
Is fit awkward/shallow on those? I seem to remember that being a complaint due to the flat body.

They do have a short nozzle and shallow fit that gave Zelda some troubles (don't recall it being a deal breaker for anyone else), but it's easy to get around; longer tips. KZ Starlines, Spintfits, bi-flange, tri-flange, etc.

Edit: For me it was an easier fit than the Whizzer Kylin, ED16, Auglamour R8, and some others.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #22,357 of 33,689
Just took my T1's out for a spin because of your post and they are splendid sounding. I never really gave them a chance as I got so many other iems and earbuds around the same time

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #22,358 of 33,689
They do have a short nozzle and shallow fit that gave Zelda some troubles (don't recall it being a deal breaker for anyone else), but it's easy to get around; longer tips. KZ Starlines, Spintfits, bi-flange, tri-flange, etc.

Edit: For me it was an easier fit than the Whizzer Kylin, ED16, Auglamour R8, and some others.

Cool, as long as Starlines or Spinfits work that’s perfect.

Thanks!

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #22,359 of 33,689
Just took my T1's out for a spin because of your post and they are splendid sounding. I never really gave them a chance as I got so many other iems and earbuds around the same time

Yeah! They've been overlooked for sure. I've got some good stuff in at the moment (see profile pic) but the T1 isn't leaving me wanting. TinHiFi can tune an earphone. Would love to see what they could do if they moved more upscale.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #22,360 of 33,689
Frequency Range 25Hz to 950Hz
I know peeps that use those and seem to like them. I always want to go up to them at work or something and give them a ZSN or a ZST or something but always figure they will make that "horror face" and then preceed to trash them as horrible sounding vile trash.

I’m taking one for the team. Ordered the Crescent....not the Moondrop Crescent, but the Faaeal Cresent which is a single APET Dynamic driver configuration. $25, no reviews. I thought it might be interesting as I like the driver in the EP10 NiceHck and thought it might be similar but in a different form factor. Offered in two disgusting colors: brass and pinkish brass.
I really wanted to try those out. Its going to be difficult to resist if you give a thumbs up. BTW its a different driver then EP10. EP10 is 11mm and Faaeal is 10mm. Anyway eagerly awaiting your opinion.

I still don’t know what they were thinking on the Pro.

Doing the opposite of what everyone was asking for would basically be like KZ releasing a cable where the y split is so low it’s 1” away from the 3.5mm plug, AND the entire length of the cable is 1 giant memory wire.
Please. Don't give them any ideas.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #22,361 of 33,689
Yeah! They've been overlooked for sure. I've got some good stuff in at the moment (see profile pic) but the T1 isn't leaving me wanting. TinHiFi can tune an earphone. Would love to see what they could do if they moved more upscale.

I feel the same way about BQEYZ. I plan on watching both brands closely in the coming years.

I wish T1 had a no-mic option. I understand the intended audience were cell phone users.

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #22,362 of 33,689

You got them as trade with me... forget what I got. I don't think you ever did listen to them. I had trouble with the fit... partly because of it being over ear along with the type of body it has.

I remember... that and the QT2 in exchange for that RHA (which I subsequently gave back for some reason).

Second edit... I remember why... I wanted that DT8 that suddenly arrived along with the Kylin... lol.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #22,364 of 33,689
I had an iem which I believed was really bad...but with growing knowledge, I like it now quite a bit: the balanced, homogeneous, well-timbred Soundmagic E10C. A great single DD: slightly warm and not too fat sounding. Well tempered bass. No irritating peaks, including that awful 3 kHz Chifi peak.

Isn't that smooth curve a beauty?

HKynEqI.jpg

And here the opposite of smooth:

Hifiman RE400.jpg

JVC HA-FM103.jpg
NiceHCK N3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back